Demise of Binab Strasser Real-Estate

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,164 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:19 PM

Just recently I realized that the condo sales team Binab Strasser is no more. The two partners, Jason Binab and David Strasser, appear to have gone their separate ways. Jason Binab now runs Binab Property Group and David Strasser is part of AREAS Real-Estate Group.

From the outside looking in it seemed like the duo were a powerhouse in the condo sales world. Does anyone have insight into what happened?

Binab's office is now on Oak Bay Ave. while AREAS is located in Binab Strasser's old digs at the foot of Yates.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:27 PM

I dunno, they always stuck me as kind of greazy. And they couldn't hold a candle to The Condo Group.

#3 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,164 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:33 PM

Who came first, Binab Strasser or the Condo Group?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#4 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:53 PM

Who came first, Binab Strasser or the Condo Group?

Condo Group.

Isn't Peter Gaby the original Condo King? He did every project in the 90's.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#5 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,164 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:55 PM

Yup, and well into the 2000's. For a while I think he had every major condo project under his belt.

Know it all.

#6 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:55 PM

Gaby was like Victoria's junior Bob Rennie. The Condo Group seems to be the aggressive sales force now. Didn't know much abut Binab Strasser.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#7 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:05 PM

I talked to Mr. Strasser a couple of weeks ago and basically he said they had differing ideas on where they wanted to take the business and they remain good friends. I think both will enjoy continued success.

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#8 Vic1980

Vic1980
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:38 AM

Hi Marko,

Did you talk to Strasser about his http://www.poweredbyareas.com system. The introduction videos look pretty interesting, but I can't find a link on their website on how to actually use the Areas system or set up an account to try it. They are claiming it is the "e-harmony" of Real Estate. Is this something all Realtors have access to, or is it their own system?

Cheers.

#9 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:44 AM

They are claiming it is the "e-harmony" of Real Estate.

So no gays? :)

A gay man from New Jersey named Eric McKinley filed suit against eHarmony in 2008 for not offering matchmaking for gays and lesbians. eHarmony settled by agreeing to launch a service for gay and lesbian customers called Compatible Partners. eHarmony’s launch of Compatible Partners was called a “shotgun wedding” by the Los Angeles Times, though. There wasn’t even a link to Compatible Partners at eharmony.com.

Furthermore, Compatible Partners had a completely different subscription system. Bisexuals had to pay two subscription fees to have access to both sexes.

Well, they do get twice as many possible matches.

What was this thread about again?
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#10 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,114 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:44 AM

Welcome to Vibrant Victoria Vic1980.

#11 Vic1980

Vic1980
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:00 PM

I guess they shouldn't promote it as the "e-harmony" of Real Estate if it doesn't come across a gay friendly... kind of off topic though and I am sure not what they had in mind with the analogy.

So, can anyone tell me how Strasser's AREAS thing works? I am still intrigued by the promotional videos.

#12 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:41 PM

Why don't you just email them and get set up on it?

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#13 RealtorReportBC

RealtorReportBC
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:22 AM

While we often see Jason Binab in the local news these days, things had been very quiet about Mr. Strasser; that is, until this article came out in the Times Colonist last Friday...

Big Picture: Former Victoria realtor returns as filmmaker with feature debut.

#14 Belleprincess

Belleprincess
  • 655 posts

Posted 26 January 2021 - 05:11 PM

Funny how I just saw this. Great guys, like both of them very much. From what I understand, Jason had most of the leads & contacts - he was bringing more money to the business. Jason is highly, highly motivated & insanely ambitious. David is now a film director, I imagine his heart wasn’t in it as much - I know he loved real estate. But probably not to the same level Jason did, it’s proBably not possible. I worked for a couple teams back in the day. I think all of them have broken up. Always one person that “feels” they’re doing more work.
  • Victoria Watcher likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users