• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:18 AM

http://manscape1.com/

Manscape Spa is western Canada's only spa dedicated entirely to men. Located in handsome Greater Victoria, BC on Vancouver Island, the calming space will put even the manliest of men
at ease.

Really?

Hmmm. I'm not sure if there is a market. :muching_out:

For those gentlemen who would like to relax at home and enjoy the
discretion of enjoying treatments provided, Manscape delivers! If you can get a bacon
cheeseburger pizza delivered why not a facial right, now you can have both just maybe not
at the same time.

Manscape needs grammar lessons.

http://manscape1.com/services.html

There's some pretty specific body-region hair-removal items there, for sure.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:09 AM

I find their signage to be quite underwhelming. You can miss the place altogether if you're not really paying attention.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#3 LJ

LJ
  • 12,702 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:22 PM

If you're eating a bacon cheeseburger pizza you're probably not a guy who is going to get a "facial", whatever the hell that is.
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#4 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:27 PM

All I can say is there are some items on that menu for which the clinician deserves a big tip.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#5 mc9

mc9
  • 155 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:30 PM

I believe there is a market. I have talked to many of a men who would use many spa services, but find it hard to find someone (estheticians) that will take males especially when dealing with 'sensitive' areas. The stigma between a man and spa is unnecessary and thwarts many would be male customers from typical spas -- which I admit, do often focus towards females. Male geared spas are a great answer to this niche. Give it a try you might find it very relaxing.

#6 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:00 PM

I'd go.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#7 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:05 PM

^Mrs. G-Man is ok with some strange exotic esthetician caressing your crevasse?
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#8 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:07 PM

Nah just for a mani and facial.

It has a whole new look!

#9 LJ

LJ
  • 12,702 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:25 PM

^Mrs. G-Man is ok with some strange exotic esthetician caressing your crevasse?

Whose name is Bruce.
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#10 Dimitrios

Dimitrios
  • 316 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:56 PM

I've been there! The lady got me a Groupon a while back, for a lark. Not sure if I should admit this here, but what the hey. I went in for a back waxing. The guy (Doug?) was nice and professional, place was very clean and not sketchy at all.

For what it's worth, the procedure was done very well, not that I have much to go on for comparison purposes...

The first time I tried to go there, I think it happened to be Valentine's day, and they were closed, off doing couples treatments, I understand.

#11 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:38 PM

Let's face it, plenty of men out there wouldn't mind a treatment offered by a traditional spa from time to time, and now there's an opportunity to undergo a treatment in a spa specifically aimed at men. No biggie, just the free market supplying a service to an under-serviced demographic.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#12 RMAC

RMAC

Local for life

• 7 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:55 PM

Let's face it, plenty of men out there wouldn't mind a treatment offered by a traditional spa from time to time, and now there's an opportunity to undergo a treatment in a spa specifically aimed at men. No biggie, just the free market supplying a service to an under-serviced demographic.

Do they offer a traditional straight razor shave? That I would do! It's hard to find someone in Victoria that offers this service. If they do they don't do it very often so I'm not really excited about it.
RMAC - Love Local

#13 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:11 PM

Do they offer a traditional straight razor shave? That I would do! It's hard to find someone in Victoria that offers this service. If they do they don't do it very often so I'm not really excited about it.

My Barber does. http://uomomodernbar...ervice/shaving/

He's on Haultain near Fernwood.

#14 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:15 PM

My Barber does. http://uomomodernbar...ervice/shaving/

He's on Haultain near Fernwood.

I can second this. You cannot beat a straight razor shave from Italian barbers.

#15 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:19 PM

Yes I go there too. The new place on Blanshard in the Atrium does a lot of straight shaves too.

It has a whole new look!

#16 RMAC

RMAC

Local for life

• 7 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:30 PM

Yes I go there too. The new place on Blanshard in the Atrium does a lot of straight shaves too.

I'll check it out next week.
RMAC - Love Local

#17 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:33 PM

I can second this. You cannot beat a straight razor shave from Italian barbers.

Maybe not, but I cannot use a blade on my face. Major owee.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#18 JHHL

JHHL
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:46 PM

I've been there! The lady got me a Groupon a while back

I know this reply comes very late...but may I ask when you booked your appointment and mentioned you will be using a groupon deal, how long did you have to wait before the appointment?

Here is my story about this place. My wife got me a groupon deal for 1h massage at this place (http://www.groupon.c...ls/manscape-spa). The story starts here, my wife made a booking for me for a Saturday toward the end of June @ 10:30AM, I was late, and called at 10:34AM to inform them that I will be few minutes more late, because I was looking for parking. Ops, I was told, sorry we sold your spot, ok fine, I asked can I re-book another appointment? the receptionist said sure, ok, the earlierest we have for you is 3rd week of July, toward the end of week. What the heck? This long to get a booking for massage, they must be busy?! Anyway I did take the appointment. To satify my curioisy, I called them again the following week to book one hour massage, 1st question I was asked, are you a Groupon customer? I said no, and guess what I was able to book one hour massage for the next day! I booked the massaage but later cancelled...what is that? If you advertise on groupon, isn't the purpose to promote and capture new clientele so they have chance to expereince your business at better deal and hopign they become regular client at regular price?

The story went on.... so this time I showed up 5 mins before my re-booked appointment. I was taken straight to one of the treatement room (isn't it routine that the spa makes new client fills up a questionaire for potentional allergy or other medical conditions?). Anyway, the male massage therapist performed the massage, it was just boarderline ok, and the treatment ended in 40 minutes (where their groupon deal stated "massage for 1h"). Anyway, upon exiting, I was told my experence is the groupon client introductory experience, and if I book as regular client, I get even better experience and I can specify and target treatment to specific part of my body. What does this mean?! I felt so cheap and inferior because I am a groupon user... heck now, I will never go back nor refer anyone else there...hard to find parking to start...oh yes, I did score a free bottled water before I left :P

This is my experience for this MALE ONLY spa in town, which might be good if and only if you are not groupon user...

#19 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:43 PM

Welcome to vibrantvictoria JHHL. I have had some other groupon experiences that were better than you described. My favourite was a flight simulator experience in a 737. The guy was straight up and said that he only does groupon on Saturdays. For us coming from Victoria....Saturday was perfect for us.

#20 JHHL

JHHL
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:53 AM

Welcome to vibrantvictoria JHHL. I have had some other groupon experiences that were better than you described. My favourite was a flight simulator experience in a 737. The guy was straight up and said that he only does groupon on Saturdays. For us coming from Victoria....Saturday was perfect for us.

Hi Sparky, I am sure there are mostly positive feedbacks regarding the usage of groupon, otherwise Groupon would not have become so popular. Last Sat. I decide to call another Spa near my office acroos Bay Street Beidge at 10AM and booked 90mins massage for 1:30PM, the bookeeping was easy and thruout the entire phone call I was not asked if I would be going to use groupon (which I was not and which they did offer groupon deal, a friend of mine used it who liked it, hence refer me there). The entire experience was great. This is one of many successfuly groupon advertising compaingn I am sure.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users