London Drugs Yates

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:28 AM

Does anyone else think this store could open earlier and do OK?

Maybe nobody is looking for a computer at 7:50am, but I bet lots of people on their way to work would stop in for other stuff. It seems strange to me it does not open until 9am. I know, Shopper's Douglas is open at 7am, but for those driving in, and not working right downtown...

The Market on Yates opens at 7, and there is a coffee shop in the plaza open early as well.
  • Nostalgic Victoria likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:42 AM

Yeah I've thought that before

#3 jklymak

jklymak
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:37 AM

Agreed!

They could also get faster ATM machines too. They are clearly still dial up, and it makes the lines twice as slow as they need to be.

#4 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:58 AM

Does anyone else think this store could open earlier and do OK?

The Market on Yates opens at 7, and there is a coffee shop in the plaza open early as well.

Yes, I have been there when there is a lineup before the doors open.

#5 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:56 PM

^And on Sunday when they open later. I think there's more justification for keeping that LD open 24 hours than every Thrifty outlet.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#6 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:03 PM

Yes, I have been there when there is a lineup before the doors open.

It's rare to not see as crowd waiting for the doors to open.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#7 SamCB

SamCB
  • 665 posts
  • Locationvictoria

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:59 PM

I find London Drugs in general to be a bad shopping experience, but this one in particular I avoid. It has the same crappy hardware and messy shelves I used to see in every Zellers I entered. Of all the drug stores in Canada, this one could use a reboot the most.

#8 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:15 PM

I find London Drugs in general to be a bad shopping experience, but this one in particular I avoid. It has the same crappy hardware and messy shelves I used to see in every Zellers I entered. Of all the drug stores in Canada, this one could use a reboot the most.

I'd take LD over Shoppers any day of the week. Especially the one at Uptown. Just awful.
  • GaryRanson likes this

#9 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:38 PM

I find London Drugs in general to be a bad shopping experience, but this one in particular I avoid...

Surprised to hear that. I can't recall a time I went into this location for a specific purchase and not come out with that and usually more.

#10 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:02 PM

I love London Drugs. Always seems clean and nice and organized.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#11 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:09 PM

Surprised to hear that. I can't recall a time I went into this location for a specific purchase and not come out with that and usually more.

I'm sort of with this, I find it just fine. I don't expect it to have much in the hardware department, can't think of anything other than light bulbs I might buy there.

#12 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:04 PM

I'm sort of with this, I find it just fine. I don't expect it to have much in the hardware department, can't think of anything other than light bulbs I might buy there.

Do they have the 2.5 litre bottles of Shasta?

#13 arfenarf

arfenarf
  • 322 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:44 AM

I'd take LD over Shoppers any day of the week. Especially the one at Uptown. Just awful.

For a completely different POV, my daughter (15) says that the Uptown Shoppers is, like, totally the best one in town. She loves their selection of cosmetics, says the people there are really nice, and that she can get products there that she can't find anywhere else.

Since I use a tube of mascara every five years whether I need to or not, this perspective would never have occurred to me.

#14 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:01 PM

Its hours have been useful to me with sick kids too.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#15 martini

martini
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:01 PM

Yes. I recall being downtown around 8:30am and was surprised it was closed.

#16 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 01:41 PM

Looks like this location is getting a renovation. They've moved the cosmetics area to the centre of the store for the time being and have tarped off the old cosmetics area.

#17 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 04:11 PM

It's only the Cosmetics area, unfortunately.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#18 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 05:45 PM

Ah, so just a cosmetic renovation.
  • zoomer, Nparker, phx and 5 others like this

#19 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:14 PM

Lipstick on a pig!
  • Rob Randall likes this
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#20 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:22 PM

What does it mean when cosmetics gets a makeover?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users