Photo

[Downtown Victoria] The Cherry Bank | 8-storeys | Built - completed in 2009

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#1 Scaper

Scaper
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 09:25 PM

I have a photo of this rendering around somewhere. I will dig it up soon and post it here.

This was aproved by Council in June at a public Hearing. This building will be a ten story condo tower, just on the inside border of Fairfield.

Here is the old enterance way into the Cherry Bank, and the current state of chaos.

#2 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 05:46 PM

Anything going on with this one?

#3 Ms. B. Havin

Ms. B. Havin
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 01:33 PM

Keep forgetting to post this: Cherry Bank is setting up a sales centre on Fort Street, next to Kilshaw's Auctioneers, in the space vacated by The Academy of Excellence (a space that was then briefly taken over by the VCE as campaign HQ during the last municipal election).

Cherry Bank's sales centre isn't open yet, and the windows are covered up, but I guess it's a sign that something is moving along...?
When you buy a game, you buy the rules. Play happens in the space between the rules.

#4 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 01:53 PM

Oh, good. I was worried this would be another abandoned project--not merely a stalled one.

I guess Victoria's developers are too busy counting their stacks of millions of dollars in "density lift" to bother building anything, eh?.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#5 Photogirl

Photogirl
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 04:49 PM

Does anyone know if this project has a different name, or are they calling it 'Cherry Bank'?

#6 Ms. B. Havin

Ms. B. Havin
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 05:37 PM

The sales centre is still using the "Cherry Bank" name. Not sure if that means the building will be called that, but would seem so.
When you buy a game, you buy the rules. Play happens in the space between the rules.

#7 m0nkyman

m0nkyman
  • 729 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 12:47 PM

Massive ad for this in today's Edmonton Journal....
http://cherrybank.ca/

#8 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 12:56 PM

Nice find, MM.

Let this be a lesson to local developers--you can say you market mainly to locals but Vibrant Victoria's extensive global network of operatives will sniff out any campaigns aimed at Albertans and other alien "foreigners"!
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."

#9 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 01:00 PM

They have also run a couple of huge ads in the TC in that last few days.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#10 m0nkyman

m0nkyman
  • 729 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 01:15 PM

Note to self. Double check which digital edition you're looking at....

Yup. I'd forgot that I'd opened up the T-C... the ad was indeed in the T-C, not the Journal. It was not, I repeat not, aimed at us Albertan auslanders. ;)

#11 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 01:48 PM

Yeah, well, I'm sure they were thinking about marketing to Albertans...

#12 aastra

aastra
  • 20,734 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 02:20 PM

"Victoria's most luxurious boutique residences"....

Can't say I'm thrilled with the design of this one but I'll reserve judgement until I see larger rendering. In particular I wonder how the back side looks. Anybody know?

That image of the waterfall and the leaves deserves some kind of award for its supreme irrelevance, don't you think? Beautiful picture, but what the heck does it have to do with the Cherry Bank project?

#13 m0nkyman

m0nkyman
  • 729 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 02:22 PM

On that hill, with that height, there isn't going to be much to see on the other side...

#14 aastra

aastra
  • 20,734 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 02:24 PM

What about the "timeless beauty" of the stucco apartment blocks on the other side?

I sure hope there are windows and balconies. A blank back side would look horrible there.

#15 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 06:05 PM

#16 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 06:23 PM

Those are townhomes on the ground floor. Not enough traffic for retail.

#17 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 07:17 PM

Retail would have been inappropriate here. though I wish that as townhomes they were closer to the sidewalk.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#18 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 07:43 PM

At least they're not as setback as the building in the background.

#19 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 07:45 PM

^The Savoy. I like that crazy old building.

#20 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 07:46 PM

I have a soft spot for it too.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users