[GREEN - Oak Bay-Gordon Head] Andrew Weaver | ELECTED

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

The BC Green party candidate for Oak Bay-Gordon Head in the 2013 British Columbia General Election is Andrew Weaver.

- Official website

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2 NaomiDevine

NaomiDevine
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

Hi Mike,

Just wanted to let you know that Andrew Weaver's official site is now:

http://www.andrewjweaver.ca

Cheers.

The BC Green party candidate for Oak Bay-Gordon Head in the 2013 British Columbia General Election is Andrew Weaver.

- Official website

#3 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,114 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

Welcome to vibrantvictoria NaomiDevine.

#4 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

The link has been updated. Thanks, Naomi.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#5 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:18 PM

Weaver is likely taking this home.

Know it all.

#6 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:33 PM

Weaver takes it.

Know it all.

#7 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:57 PM

#8 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:14 AM

^that guys seriously needs meds.

#9 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:48 PM

When free speech goes sideways...

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#10 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:42 PM

What is Weavers stance on the sewage treatment question? He says he wants science based decisions made rather than political based ones, so I would have to assume he is against it.
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#11 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:01 PM

Will not derail any more. Just want to point out that ChemtrailsDOTcom doesn't exist and H.A.A.R.P.DOTcom was flagged as a malicious site according to my adblock software.
I wonder if he would promote my site if I paid him. At least he would be of some use to someone apart from scaring my kids.

#12 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:48 PM

Shameless Plug Alert...nice pic of my condo building in the background HB, thank you for that; anyone wanting to move into the CSV area is welcome to email me as I'm about to put the unit on the market. Bonus is you get "Sign Man" as part of the entertainment package; he's been there since I bought the unit in the spring of 2007 and I suspect he'll be there for years to come. Nice to see some variation of the message so I'll thank Mr Weaver for that; its typically (Insert one of) the Illuminati/Freemasons/Catholic Church/New World Order) "....is/are the Disciples of Satan!" Or some such similiar theme. HAARP and Chemtrails are old news.......

#13 Dimitrios

Dimitrios
  • 316 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:49 PM

So if sandwich board man has such a hate-on for Weaver, are we to assume that he placed the Dale Gann sign there? I guess the Conservatives were really scraping the barrel for supporters, but if I were in politics, I wouldn't want this guy on my side!

#14 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:38 PM

So if sandwich board man has such a hate-on for Weaver, are we to assume that he placed the Dale Gann sign there?

The picture is from the fall of 2012 when Dale Gann ran in the by-election.

#15 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:20 PM

Shameless Plug Alert...nice pic of my condo building in the background HB, thank you for that

Here is a spring shot I have a few more but this one shows off the stucco quite nicely but there is a guy with signs blocking the view of your fine building

#16 North Shore

North Shore
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:33 AM

[Thread Drift] Hey, I know him! He used to stand outside the church at the corner of Henderson and Cedar Hill X, trying to reach students. I started waving to him as I drove past every day. Talked to him a few times when I was riding my bike - it was a bit like stepping onto a glue pad. Easy to get into, but darn near impossible to get back out again!

On the main topic, it's going to be interesting to see how Dr. Weaver fares in the Ledge. It's sad that he'll be a voice in the wilderness, as far as the Liberals are concerned, but I wonder if he'll find some common ground with the dippers?
Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?

#17 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,114 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:06 AM

^ Every once in a while we get to read a well written post. :)

#18 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:43 AM

To LJ's point, most greens support treating our sewage but under the current plan because it does not go far enough. They also tend to support smaller sites rather than one big system. That said I am not sure of his personal view of it.

As to how he will fair in the ledge I would hope he stays as far from the NDP as possible and to try and to push the Green agenda through the govt side. Also on his own he can have some impact just look how Vicki Huntington has done.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#19 Dimitrios

Dimitrios
  • 316 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:19 AM

Weaver is in favour of sewage treatment, but wishes we could delay a bit in order to build a better system than the current plan. He sounds primarily concerned about the chemicals he calls marine toxins that are part of the sewage mix, that can accumulate and rise through the food chain.

http://www.andrewjwe...ewage_treatment

#20 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,234 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:41 AM

Weaver was enthusiastically in favour of sewage treatment. He has moderated his stance somewhat, when he saw how substantial the opposition to it is.
Don't be so sure.:cool:

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users