Photo

How will you vote in May? (Poll open March 10-15)

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Poll: Which party are you voting for in May? (2 member(s) have cast votes)

Which party are you voting for in May?

1. Conservative (4 votes [7.02%])

Percentage of vote: 7.02%

2. Green (9 votes [15.79%])

Percentage of vote: 15.79%

3. Liberal (15 votes [26.32%])

Percentage of vote: 26.32%

4. NDP (19 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

5. Other (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. Independent (2 votes [3.51%])

Percentage of vote: 3.51%

7. Undecided (5 votes [8.77%])

Percentage of vote: 8.77%

8. Not Voting (3 votes [5.26%])

Percentage of vote: 5.26%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:07 AM

We'll keep this poll open for several days to give as many people a chance to see and vote in this poll as possible. We'll run another poll closer to the date of the election.

Note that this poll is "private" and visitors are unable to see how each participant voted.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:35 AM

Mike I think you need to add the category of "Independent" as well as the word "Other"

I don't think that very many independents will gain a seat in the legislature, but I think you might find it interesting later to view the percentage of the vote province wide that might embrace an independent candidate.

There are lots of "other" fringe parties in BC, so in my mind there is a difference.

http://www.elections...Information.pdf

#3 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:03 AM

As of right now, no plans to vote whatsoever. Not interested in this election, disillusioned with all parties.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#4 eseedhouse

eseedhouse
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:16 AM

As of right now, no plans to vote whatsoever. Not interested in this election, disillusioned with all parties.

Yeah, we'll fix democracy by giving up on it.

#5 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:25 AM

Oh, come on, I'm not giving up on it, I stated previously I've voted in every municipal, provincial and federal election since 1985.

I'm just skipping this one.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#6 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:47 AM

Mike I think you need to add the category of "Independent" as well as the word "Other"

Good call. I've added this option.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#7 Mr_E_Squirrel

Mr_E_Squirrel
  • 589 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:51 AM

Not Sure yet, How about the first one to get rid of Daylight Savings Time,.... ;)

#8 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:55 AM

So you're advocating voting for a party just because?

Know it all.

#9 bluefox

bluefox

ex-Victorian

• 697 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:02 PM

Isn't that basically what you're doing with the Liberals just because you don't want the NDP to gain power? ;)
(Not the owner of, nor am I associated with, the Blue Fox Café, in any way.)

#10 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:11 PM

Nope, I'm undecided.

Like VHF I may abstain and this will be the first time I'll have done so.

I do not believe in voting for one party to teach another party a lesson (vote NDP) or what have you, and the Liberals are hardly deserving of my vote in this election. The situation is beyond sad and not a single Liberal supporter whom I have spoken with about the upcoming election is interested in casting a ballot.

Know it all.

#11 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

I'll take a deep breath, hang my head in shame, and vote NDP. I can barely stand the federal NDP's and have a much lower opinion of the provincial branch. The city-level ndp are even worse. Who's even the ndp leader now? Some chap named Dix? I can't even be bothered to research or get involved like I used to... They're all useless corrupt scum playing a stupid game that only has a vague connection to managing a province. But I guess I might as well vote for the corrupt scum that give lipservice to my personal ideologies than the corrupt scum that I'm opposed to.
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#12 eseedhouse

eseedhouse
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:52 PM

At the very least I think you should vote for the least of evils. Such as a candidate not too repugnant to you but with no chance of being in a government. I would vote Pirate before abstaining, myself. Fortunately I am happy with one of the main parties so I don't have that dilemma.

#13 eseedhouse

eseedhouse
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

Oh, come on, I'm not giving up on it, I stated previously I've voted in every municipal, provincial and federal election since 1985.

I'm just skipping this one.

And how is this not "giving up on democracy" at least for this election?

Personally I regard voting in every election I am allowed to vote in to be a moral obligation, but I don't mean to suggest you should feel that way.

You have the right to give up on democracy if you wish, of course.

#14 YOYO

YOYO
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:13 PM

I picked the conservatives in a blind hope to bring fiscal conservatism back to the province.

#15 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:23 PM

^Oh ya.... we see how that worked on the National level, eh?
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#16 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:25 PM

We all must remember... no vote= no b@#tch.....
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#17 pherthyl

pherthyl
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:45 PM

I picked the conservatives in a blind hope to bring fiscal conservatism back to the province.

Do they have a candidate in Vic?

#18 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:16 PM

I can't not vote, so I will vote Green. I'm hoping other undecided do the same to send the message regarding not enough focus on the environment.

#19 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,878 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

As far as I can tell it makes almost zero difference in my life which party is in 'control'. I just wish we were keeping the hst.

Matt.

#20 pherthyl

pherthyl
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:37 PM

as far as i can tell it makes almost zero difference in my life which party is in 'control'. I just wish we were keeping the hst.

Matt.

amen.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users