Photo

[Metchosin/Beecher Bay FN] Spirit Bay | Mixed-use | Approved

• Please log in to reply
234 replies to this topic

#1 ressen

ressen
  • 539 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:36 PM

My name is Norma Butterfield and I will be the main contact person for Spirit Bay.

To give you a bit of information about Spirit Bay, we are building a walkable, small, resort town, with shops, services, spa, owners clubhouse and pool, and a village retail centre; think Sidney, BC, when it first started. Spirit Bay will be built following the principles of sustainable development and will surround Beecher Bay, along 7 miles of rocky shoreline.

There will be a variety of cottage styles, and larger homes, some with steep pitched roofs, others with gentle hip roofs, all with whimsical cupolas, large decks; all board and batten with silver standing seam metal roofing. There will be rock walls around the community and the homes will be painted in a variety of deep heritage colours. There will be a rural, village type ambiance, with shops and restaurants.

Most of the homes will have sea views and or vistas of the Olympic Mountains, due to the rolling topography, while other cottages will be nestled in the woods, still in close proximity to the sea. A one story cottage of approximately 650 square feet will start at $289,000.

The release of the first 30 homes and lots will occur on October 5th, through a priority registration process. There will be preferential pricing for the first in buyers to get the ball rolling.

If you have any specific questions and would like to talk by phone, please ask. We can get a lot more covered that way. Or if email is your preferred way of communication, that is fine with me.

Best,

Norma

--

Norma Butterfield
250-516-9004 cell
alternate email:
norma.butterfield@yahoo.com

#2 Barra

Barra
  • 592 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:40 PM

Since this is on reserve, do you own the building but not the land? How does it work?
Pieta VanDyke

#3 ressen

ressen
  • 539 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:44 PM

I don't know. It's a 99 year lease though. Ask Norma.

#4 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,177 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:13 PM

I wonder if Norma Butterfield is related to David Butterfield who built Shoal Point?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#5 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:17 PM

I wonder if Norma Butterfield is related to David Butterfield who built Shoal Point?

Yes, he's the guy behind this project.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#6 Coreyburger

Coreyburger
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:23 PM

FYI, this is on Beecher Bay FN land and isn't in Sooke.

#7 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,177 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:07 PM

The thread nomenclature we use is more for helping individuals orient projects within the region but I will change it to Sooke/Beecher Bay for added clarity.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#8 vandervalk

vandervalk
  • 263 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:53 PM

I think the problem is, is that it isn't Sooke period. It is East Sooke/Metchosin and has nothing to do with Sooke District at all. East Sooke and Sooke are not the same. One is unincorporated and one is a town.
  • Mixed365 likes this
Real Estate, Landscape and Family Photographer
http://www.vandervalk.ca

#9 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,177 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:20 PM

Thanks for the confirmation of the location.

Why does the CRD lump Sooke in with East Sooke when referring to municipal population?

Know it all.

#10 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:24 PM

Silverspray is in Sooke at the end of East Sooke Rdbut to get to it you need to leave Sooke and drive about 10 km through East Sooke to get to this landlocked portion of Sooke.
Thats weird.

#11 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,177 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:27 PM

Now I'm even more confused. Is this project more-so in Sooke than East Sooke?

And if this is Silver Spray then we have a thread here. Could someone confirm the two threads are dealing with the same project? ...or not?

Know it all.

#12 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:37 PM

This is NOT Silver Spray.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#13 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:42 PM

It appears that the two Beecher Bay reserves are in the District of Metchosin.

http://pse5-esd5.ain...ER=640&lang=eng

No. - Name - Location - Hectares

06787 BECHER BAY 1 METCHOSIN DIST. SEC. 45,46 AND PT OF 49, ON NORTH SHORE OF BECHER BAY, SOUTHERN TIP OF VANCOUVER ISLAND202.70

06788 BECHER BAY 2 METCHOSIN DIST. SEC. 64, ON EAST SHORE OF BECHER BAY, SOUTHERN TIP OF VANCOUVER ISLAND95.10

Beecher Bay is at the East End of East Sooke Park

#14 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,177 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:12 PM

Good work. Ok I think we've nailed this now :)

Know it all.

#15 concorde

concorde
  • Banned
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:30 PM

My name is Norma Butterfield and I will be the main contact person for Spirit Bay.

To give you a bit of information about Spirit Bay, we are building a walkable, small, resort town, with shops, services, spa, owners clubhouse and pool, and a village retail centre; think Sidney, BC, when it first started. Spirit Bay will be built following the principles of sustainable development and will surround Beecher Bay, along 7 miles of rocky shoreline.

There will be a variety of cottage styles, and larger homes, some with steep pitched roofs, others with gentle hip roofs, all with whimsical cupolas, large decks; all board and batten with silver standing seam metal roofing. There will be rock walls around the community and the homes will be painted in a variety of deep heritage colours. There will be a rural, village type ambiance, with shops and restaurants.

Most of the homes will have sea views and or vistas of the Olympic Mountains, due to the rolling topography, while other cottages will be nestled in the woods, still in close proximity to the sea. A one story cottage of approximately 650 square feet will start at $289,000.

The release of the first 30 homes and lots will occur on October 5th, through a priority registration process. There will be preferential pricing for the first in buyers to get the ball rolling.

If you have any specific questions and would like to talk by phone, please ask. We can get a lot more covered that way. Or if email is your preferred way of communication, that is fine with me.

Best,

Norma

--

Norma Butterfield
250-516-9004 cell
alternate email:
norma.butterfield@yahoo.com

650sf will cost $290K all the way out in East Sooke and I don't even own the land!!!! There are similar sized condos in good parts of Victoria for well under $150K. Seems like a no brainer to me

#16 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:50 PM

650sf will cost $290K all the way out in East Sooke and I don't even own the land!!!! There are similar sized condos in good parts of Victoria for well under $150K. Seems like a no brainer to me

Silver Spray is around the same price. I don't think these compare to in-town condos.

#17 Coreyburger

Coreyburger
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:48 PM

Thanks for the confirmation of the location.

Why does the CRD lump Sooke in with East Sooke when referring to municipal population?

It doesn't. See this Fact Sheet: http://www.crd.bc.ca...SPOPULATION.pdf

As for this location, this is definitely not part of the District of Sooke, it is within the Juan de Fuca Electoral Area.

#18 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:38 PM

650sf will cost $290K all the way out in East Sooke and I don't even own the land!!!!

Yeah if you don't own the land you could be surprised when they decide to do something else with the land, and then it becomes difficult to sell.

#19 vandervalk

vandervalk
  • 263 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:47 PM

Now I'm even more confused. Is this project more-so in Sooke than East Sooke?

And if this is Silver Spray then we have a thread here. Could someone confirm the two threads are dealing with the same project? ...or not?

This map shows you approx. land area of Sooke town. I'd attempt to show East Sooke, but I'm not sure where to the East it ends....

I'm not 100% sure this is the location of Spirit Bay but it is close. You'll note that landlocked piece of land at Silver Spray which is located in Sooke. East Sooke is the rest to the East but I'm not exactly sure where it turns to Metchosin... Maybe around Matheson Lake?

Real Estate, Landscape and Family Photographer
http://www.vandervalk.ca

#20 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:57 PM

http://www.timescolo...-sooke-1.598637

There's a map of the location here.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users