APPROVED
Marson
Use: condo
Address: 4734-4754 Elk Lake Drive
Municipality: Saanich
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 11
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR)
Sales status: pre-sales
Marson, building A is an 11-storey condominium along the 4700-block of Elk Lake Drive in Saanich within Victor... (view full profile)
Learn more about Marson on Citified.ca
Photo

[Saanich] Marson (formerly Doral Forest Park) | Condos | 11 and 5-storeys

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:19 AM

Doral Forest Park is a four building (6-, 4-, 4-, and 4-storeys), 161 unit condo project (56, 38, 35 and 32 units, respectively) proposed at 4734-4754 Elk Lake Drive. This is the location.

The architect was Herbert Kwan but now appears to be KPL James.

Doral-Forest-Park.jpg

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2 Urbanistco

Urbanistco
  • 172 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:45 AM

Geric's are the developers, it will bring their total in progress in the Royal Oak area to around 300 units...they are betting big

#3 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:45 AM

Ah, thanks for the update. Their other Royal Oak project is discussed here.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#4 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 08 July 2019 - 02:39 PM

If anyone is interested, architectural drawings were submitted last year. They're online, here: https://www.saanich....jul1118elev.pdf

#5 jasmineshinga

jasmineshinga
  • 332 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 02:56 PM

KPL James no longer has this project, unknown who the new architect is.

~ Jasmine ~

#6 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 04:11 PM

Wow, so it went from Herbert Kwan, to KPLJ, and now it’s another firm?

Know it all.

#7 jasmineshinga

jasmineshinga
  • 332 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 09:39 AM

Yes. We were relieved TBH.

~ Jasmine ~

#8 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 09:46 AM

Oh that's too bad, Jasmine. I liked the design that had been submitted last year.

Know it all.

#9 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,285 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 28 May 2020 - 07:05 AM

Doral-forest-park.jpg

doral-forest-park aerial.jpg

Doral-Forest-Park-Elk-Lake-Drive.jpg

The project has gone from four buildings to two, one of which is envisioned at 11-storeys tall. The five-storey building will be comprised of affordable ownership homes.

D'Ambrosio is now at the helm.

Affordable homeownership at forefront of 242-unit Doral Forest Park condo dev along Elk Lake Dr.

https://victoria.cit...ng-elk-lake-dr/

Know it all.

#10 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,402 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 07:13 AM

Has a bit of a 70s vibe, but I like the massing and the brick cladding. What are the chances an 11-storey building will get approved for this location?

#11 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 07:18 AM

Indeed, an 80s vibe I'd call it.

Know it all.

#12 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,402 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 07:37 AM

Late 70s/early 80s. Reminds me of some of the buildings from that era at UVic.

#13 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,238 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 28 May 2020 - 07:42 AM

Late 70s/early 80s. Reminds me of some of the buildings from that era at UVic.

That's exactly it. I did a double take and rechecked the thread title to see if it said UVic lol. 

This current Saanich council, I'm not sure what their dev approvement record is. This is my neck of the woods, and I personally don't see an issue, but there are a lot of vocal folks in the area that might.

11 storeys. I wonder what kind of view of the lake to the north and Victoria/ocean/Olympics to the south that gives.

Edited by lanforod, 28 May 2020 - 07:42 AM.

• Nparker likes this

#14 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,238 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 28 May 2020 - 07:52 AM

Mike, I'm a bit confused. Your pictures posted shows 6 or 8 buildings (not sure if some are connected). Your profile says its 2 builds of 5/11 storeys. 

#15 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,402 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 07:56 AM

I think one interconnected building runs along the forested side of the property (rising as high as 11 storeys) and a separate 5 storey building fronts Elk Lake Drive.

#16 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 08:36 AM

Yes, that’s corrected. The 11-storey building spans east-west, the five-storey building north-south.

Know it all.

#17 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,324 posts

Posted 28 February 2021 - 07:23 PM

In December, a proposal by Mike Geric Construction Ltd. to erect 11-storey and five-storey condo buildings on Elk Lake Drive next to Elk/Beaver Lake Regional Park advanced to a public hearing on a 7-2 vote.

The Doral Forest Park project features 242 condos, including 43 that would be sold at 15 per cent below appraised value.

A number of council members noted the need for more “affordable” housing options in moving the project forward, despite opposition from residents and a staff report highlighting “a height, scale and massing that is out of context with surrounding development.”

https://www.timescol...-oak-1.24288087

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 28 February 2021 - 07:23 PM.

#18 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,324 posts

Posted 14 June 2021 - 04:19 PM

Protesters rallied outside of Saanich municipal hall Monday (June 14) to express concern about a development proposal for an 11-storey building in Royal Oak.

The Doral Forest Park proposal on Elk Lake Drive is the subject of a June 15 public hearing.

On Dec. 14, 2020 council reviewed an application from Doral Developments Ltd. to build a complex that would include 242 units in multiple buildings. While staff did not support the project as presented at that time, council voted 7-2 to send the proposal to public hearing.

https://www.vicnews....ive-in-saanich/

“I’m not doing this for my generation, we’re doing this for younger generations – we have a moral and ethical responsibility to put our word out there,” said Regina May, neighbourhood resident and demonstration organizer.

^ think about the children!

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 14 June 2021 - 04:21 PM.

#19 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,285 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 16 June 2021 - 09:41 AM

View Royal approves nearly 350 rental homes as Saanich postpones decision on 250 Royal Oak condos

https://victoria.cit...yal-oak-condos/

Know it all.

#20 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 17 June 2021 - 07:17 PM

Approved!

• Jackerbie and yellow_baron like this

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users