TV Shows - General Discussion

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 09:44 AM

Watched the final episode of The Affair today.  It was a great run, I'm looking forward to next season.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2 LJ

LJ
  • 12,685 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:31 PM

I haven't watched the final episode yet but I do find I am fast forwarding through some of it.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#3 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 03:00 PM

Bakstrom starts on Fox in January.

The pilot and first 13 episodes were filmed in Vancouver.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt2099034/
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#4 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 03:51 PM

Downton Abbey Season 5 begins on PBS Sunday Jan 4th.

It appears that there is still a dog in the cast. Also interesting is how they have paired up the cast members in the photo.

One of the kids looks like Danny right out of The Shining, and if Jack appears it could be quite the season.

downton-abbey-season-5-cast-photo-1200.j

Edited by Bingo, 28 December 2014 - 03:51 PM.

#5 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 04:03 PM

Well the last dog died so who knows.

#6 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 04:09 PM

Well the last dog died so who knows.

I wonder what they will use for a name. Even one like Fido would be controversial.

#7 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 04:51 PM

Downton Abbey Season 5 begins on PBS Sunday Jan 4th.

It appears that there is still a dog in the cast. Also interesting is how they have paired up the cast members in the photo.

One of the kids looks like Danny right out of The Shining, and if Jack appears it could be quite the season.

downton-abbey-season-5-cast-photo-1200.j

Oh, SEASON 5 on begins on PBS.  Season 5 is over now, in real life, ended on Christmas night.  So that is still Isis pictured. 

#8 LJ

LJ
  • 12,685 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 06:32 PM

The digitally re-mastered HD version of the Wire is playing now on HBO. What a great show that was, interesting seeing McNulty again after watching him as Noah in The Affair.

#9 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 06:51 PM

The digitally re-mastered HD version of the Wire is playing now on HBO. What a great show that was, interesting seeing McNulty again after watching him as Noah in The Affair.

Looking forward to watching The Wire now.  Just watched a movie with Dominic West in it.

#10 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 02:48 PM

Looking forward to watching The Wire now.  Just watched a movie with Dominic West in it.

I'm into the 4th season of The Wire.

Broadchurch S02E01 is getting rave reviews:

http://www.independe...ws-9959402.html

#11 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:08 AM

DONE!  Just watched 60x  58-minute episodes in 3 weeks.  Well worth it.  What a great show.

#12 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,502 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:20 AM

Homicide: Life on the Street, also set in Baltimore and written partly by the same writer, David Simon, was one I enjoyed back in the day.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#13 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:47 AM

How about a thread of recommended shows?

Have you watched True Detective yet? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2356777/

Homeland Season 4 was amazing

#14 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,502 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:17 PM

How about a thread of recommended shows?

Done :)

• rjag likes this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#15 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,220 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:46 PM

Six Feet Under, American Horror Story, Breaking Bad and of course The Walking Dead.

#16 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:43 PM

HBO's Deadwood was cancelled after two seasons so it never fulfilled its potential like other HBO series but it is still worth it. It's a gritty, foul western that appeals to people like me that hate traditional westerns. 

Six Feet Under is another great HBO series but with less shooting. It focuses on relationships but don't think it's soft and mushy. It's raw, complex and real. 

#17 weirdie

weirdie
  • 497 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:27 PM

HBO's Deadwood was cancelled after two seasons so it never fulfilled its potential like other HBO series but it is still worth it. It's a gritty, foul western that appeals to people like me that hate traditional westerns.

Six Feet Under is another great HBO series but with less shooting. It focuses on relationships but don't think it's soft and mushy. It's raw, complex and real.

Deadwood actually had three seasons, and you're right, it's totally worth it.

#18 LJ

LJ
  • 12,685 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 06:41 PM

VicHockeyFan, on 17 Jan 2015 - 01:08 AM, said:

DONE!  Just watched 60x  58-minute episodes in 3 weeks.  Well worth it.  What a great show.

I'm halfway through season 4, I agree, even better the second time around.

#19 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:08 PM

Deadwood actually had three seasons, and you're right, it's totally worth it.

Did you know there are a few mentions of Deadwood in the old 19th Century Victoria Colonist including a mention of Sheriff Bullock? Page three, first column; "Indian War in the Black Hills".

#20 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,171 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:48 PM

How is Deadwood compared to Hell on Wheels, which I love?

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users