On Cedar Hill X Road near McKenzie Ave.

IMG_7474.jpg

IMG_7473.jpg

• Nparker likes this

#2 Coreyburger

Coreyburger
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 11:03 AM

Given the clear link between automobile exhaust and massive health issues (especially in kids), that two recent HfH projects have been located near heavily trafficked arterials isn't great.

#3 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 11:42 AM

An additional Re-Store is opening at Cloverdale and Blanshard, enter off Oak.

• Nparker likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#4 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 09:09 PM

McKenzie & Cedar Hill X Road

IMG_0962.jpg

#5 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,347 posts

Posted 16 February 2020 - 10:05 AM

Greater Victoria’s Habitat for Humanity is putting out a call to families interested in owning one of 11 new homes on the Saanich Peninsula.

Through the program, successful applicants will work with Habitat for Humanity to build themselves a new home and purchase it at a fair market value. Habitat will help with affordable financing options, establishing mortgage payments that don’t take up more than 30 per cent of the family’s gross income.

Successful applicants will need to demonstrate certain requirements to be considered, including currently living in need, having the ability to meet payment requirements and holding a willingness to partner with Habitat in the near future.

https://www.vicnews....nich-peninsula/

• Nparker likes this

#6 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,185 posts

Posted 16 February 2020 - 11:08 AM

Banks already establish those mortgage payments to be 30%.

This sounds odd. How do you live “in need,” but qualify to finance a new-build house? The cost of homeownership is far, far beyond the mortgage once it’s built.

It sounds to me like Habitat is becoming a land developer.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#7 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,347 posts

Posted 20 August 2023 - 06:47 AM

Registration open for Habitat for Humanity Victoria Gingerbread Showcase

Gingerbread creations will be displayed starting in November

• Nparker likes this

#8 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,347 posts

Posted 24 October 2023 - 10:14 AM

In an exciting new development, Habitat for Humanity Victoria has announced the opening of its brand new ReStore location at 721 Vanalman Ave this November. 

The move from the beloved Uptown ReStore on Oak Street marks a significant step in expanding the organization’s mission to provide affordable housing solutions and environmentally conscious shopping options for the local community.

The new ReStore showroom will be conveniently situated close to the former Oak Street location, ensuring it remains centrally accessible to communities across the South Island. The Vanalman location  will also retain the dedicated staff from the Uptown location, a team which has been instrumental in Habitat for Humanity Victoria’s commitment to serving their valued customers over the years.

Spanning an impressive 10,000 square feet, the new ReStore location will be a treasure trove of new and gently used furniture, flooring, appliances, building materials, plumbing fixtures, cabinets, lighting, tools, doors, windows, paint, and hardware, all offered at a fraction of their retail cost. In addition to these essentials, shoppers can also explore an array of antiques and vintage finds. As always, ReStore welcomes donations, helping you clear out unwanted items while contributing to a worthwhile cause and the community’s sustainability.

https://www.timescol...ocation-7704407

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 24 October 2023 - 10:15 AM.

#9 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,410 posts

Posted 24 October 2023 - 10:46 AM

...The new ReStore showroom will be conveniently situated close to the former Oak Street location...

I guess there are different definitions of "convenient" and "close".

721 Vanalman.png

#10 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,347 posts

Posted 24 October 2023 - 10:56 AM

I laughed a bit at that too.  I guess you might still argue they are kind of central.  

#11 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,410 posts

Posted 24 October 2023 - 11:14 AM

It's not actually a bad location, I just don't think it's especially convenient to the existing space.

#12 Tony

Tony
  • 421 posts

Posted 24 October 2023 - 11:18 AM

close to the former Oak Street location, ensuring it remains centrally accessible to communities across the SOUTH ISLAND.. 

Spanning an impressive 10,000 square feet, 

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#13 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,185 posts

Posted 24 October 2023 - 11:21 AM

Yes, odd. I guess it's an advertorial.

I think the land sold so they had to move?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users