VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:17 AM

Tour dates released by the Department of Canadian Heritage are: 

• Sept. 24: Victoria.
  • Sept. 25: Vancouver.
  • Sept. 26: Bella Bella, B.C.
  • Sept. 27: Victoria and Kelowna, B.C.; Whitehorse, Yukon.
  • Sept. 28: Whitehorse and Carcross, Yukon.
  • Sept. 29: Victoria.
  • Sept. 30: Haida Gwaii, B.C.
  • Oct. 1: Victoria.

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...dates-1.3730570

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2 tedward

tedward
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationJames Bay

Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:34 AM

^ I shouldn't complain but that seems like an odd schedule to keep coming back to Victoria?

Maybe so the kids can stay in one place while mom & dad day trip?

Lake Side Buoy - LEGO Nut - History Nerd - James Bay resident

#3 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:45 AM

^ I shouldn't complain but that seems like an odd schedule to keep coming back to Victoria?

Maybe so the kids can stay in one place while mom & dad day trip?

Ya, you are likely right about kids.

I'd guess Haida Gwaii is a helicopter trip.  And Kelowna/Victoria does not seem like a bad connection.

I wonder if our Mayor will meet them. Remember, she refused to do the oath of allegiance to the Queen when she took office.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#4 Mr Cook Street

Mr Cook Street
  • 942 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:46 AM

Great, free international publicity for the city. Victoria will be crawling with journalists. 

• tedward likes this

#5 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:48 AM

Great, free international publicity for the city. Victoria will be crawling with journalists. 

Ya, we'll get lots of coverage, for sure.

#6 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,237 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:51 AM

economic boost from the paparazzi I guess. What a job that must be, follow the royals around, try to get photos of their kids...

#7 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:59 AM

They will bring millions of dollars to this city, just in this short stay. You can bet that this morning, dozens of media outlets are already arranging hotels for their reporters and photographers. Hundreds, if not thousands of people will come down the Island to see them.

#8 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,169 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 08:34 AM

It's going to be huge for the City.

I wonder if this morning Helps woke up and thought, "of all the places in the world, in all of the times they could have chosen, it's my city during my term."

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#9 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 08:35 AM

economic boost from the paparazzi I guess. What a job that must be, follow the royals around, try to get photos of their kids...

Not much of an economic boost for Vibrant Victoria's paparazzi...unless they visit Point Hope Shipyard and Gary H. can get some closeups for The National Enquirer.

Edited by Bingo, 22 August 2016 - 08:36 AM.

#10 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 08:50 AM

It will be a whirlwind touch and go visit to those places with such a tight schedule.

http://www.macleans....tour-of-canada/

RoyalTour-988x1024.png

#11 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 06:57 PM

While Will and Kate's tour does include stops in Vancouver, Victoria,Bella Bella and Kelowna, B.C. between Sept. 24 and Oct. 1 — their son, Prince George, will not get to see the city that shares his name.

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...ge-bc-1.3731432

They could have named him Prince Bella Bella.

#12 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:00 PM

Ya, you are likely right about kids.

I'd guess Haida Gwaii is a helicopter trip.  And Kelowna/Victoria does not seem like a bad connection.

I wonder if our Mayor will meet them. Remember, she refused to do the oath of allegiance to the Queen when she took office.

She was all agog about it on the news broadcast today. Too bad tent city won't be available for a tour.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#13 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:02 PM

Too bad tent city won't be available for a tour.

The RBCM might throw something together by then.

#14 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:06 PM

They could have named him Prince Bella Bella.

They are going to Queen Charlotte's though.

#15 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 11:17 AM

http://www.cheknews....-george-211433/

CHEK Point: Should the Royals drop the puck at the Victoria Royals game against Prince George?

On Saturday, September 24, the Victoria Royals hockey team will host the Prince George Cougars at the Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, William and Kate, arrive in Victoria that day.

Should the Royals drop the puck at the Victoria Royals game against Prince George?

#16 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,395 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 11:24 AM

Should the Royals drop the puck at the Victoria Royals game against Prince George?

The Victoria Royals are going to play against a 3 year old prince? That doesn't seem very fair.

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#17 johnk

johnk
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 02:01 PM

I wonder if this morning Helps woke up and thought, "of all the places in the world, in all of the times they could have chosen, it's my city during my term."

Memo to: Mayor Helps
Photo op alert!

#18 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 02:04 PM

Can't she move up her trip to China?

• Nparker likes this

#19 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 07:50 PM

They are going to Queen Charlotte's though.

I wonder how that will play out when the royals see the name has been changed?

• VicHockeyFan likes this
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#20 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 06:08 AM

Many more details have been released this morning:

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users