Christmas Craft Beer Show at SOFMC - Dec 2/3 2016

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 06:13 AM

The best part about beer is that it can be enjoyed at any time of the year, and it should be celebrated in the same manner. At RG Properties, we recognized a void in the beer celebration calendar that needed to be rectified.

Most beer festivals are held throughout the summer months to take advantage of the beautiful relationship between warm weather and cold glass of suds. There are few things that go together so well, but having to wait through fall, winter and spring to get together again and see what is occurring in the industry by celebrating the delectable flavours seems very short sighted.

To bridge the gap, we have decided to have everyone raise a mug of holiday cheer and join us for the first ever Christmas Craft Beer Show at the Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre.

In our estimation, this is a great concept that will allow the multitude of fantastic local micro-breweries to gather together to display their seasonal products as well as their brewery favorites to both beer lovers and food and beverage professionals ahead of the holiday season.

This is an out of the box event for the Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre, but one we believe is needed in Victoria and will allow for all involved to garner exposure ahead of the most significant holiday season of the year and a chance for us all to enjoy a happy and prosperous New Year!

They could really use a professional copy writer.

• Jill likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,121 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 07:07 AM

where did you find that

#3 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 07:17 AM

where did you find that

http://www.selectyou...p?event_id=1593

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#4 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,121 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 09:42 AM

wicked thx

#5 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 21 September 2016 - 09:47 AM

This sounds very corporate/lame. I bet they'll even hit you an overpriced ticketing fee to boot. Also, spoke to an in-the-know beer rep from a local brewery who had not heard of this. That being said, we'll have to wait and see how it turns out.

The Drake regularly has special events with no, or minimal charges with great beer selections. I highly recommend checking one out if you haven't already.

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#6 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 12:23 PM

Every year my girlfriend's friends put on Fake Beer Fest. It's held in a backyard and everyone has to bring two 650's of beer. There's a social media list that ensure nobody doubles up.

Anyways, 20-30 people passing through over the span of an afternoon ensures we get to sample a huge swath of interesting beers from around the world. It's an awesome way to learn about new beers ...and get a little toasted.

• Matt R., thundergun, Dr. Barillas and 1 other like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#7 Dr. Barillas

Dr. Barillas
  • 174 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 10:23 AM

I'd rather hit the Island Beer Festival at the Strath than this.

"Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died"

#8 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 10:27 AM

Oktobefest is coming up soon at Strath.

http://strathconahot...ts/oktoberfest/

#9 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 10:38 AM

Stein and Dine is too!

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#10 Greg

Greg
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 10:50 AM

[The Christmas Craft Beer Show] sounds very corporate/lame. I bet they'll even hit you an overpriced ticketing fee to boot. Also, spoke to an in-the-know beer rep from a local brewery who had not heard of this. That being said, we'll have to wait and see how it turns out.

The Drake regularly has special events with no, or minimal charges with great beer selections. I highly recommend checking one out if you haven't already.

Stein and Dine is too!

Why. Not. All.

#11 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 04:44 PM

Got an invite to preview it yesterday before the general public.  Pretty generic, I'd say.

#12 Greg

Greg
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 06:17 PM

I went yesterday. It was decent, but by no means great. For a venue that regularly stages concerts, they sure didn't put any effort in to setting up the band with decent acoustics.

/on the other hand. beer.

#13 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 06:21 PM

15267723_10154740659929362_7951012546912

• 57WestHills likes this

#14 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,121 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 06:37 PM

I went yesterday. It was decent, but by no means great. For a venue that regularly stages concerts, they sure didn't put any effort in to setting up the band with decent acoustics.

that would have made a ton of sense. maybe next year?

#15 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 06:41 PM

that would have made a ton of sense. maybe next year?

I dunno, I was there for the band (SuperSauce) sound check yesterday, seemed good.

#16 57WestHills

57WestHills
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 07:42 PM

Agree 100%. I would probably not go again. It was $130ish for two of us with tickets, tokens, and abysmal food.

#17 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 07:46 AM

I did not even see food, unless it was just the normal concessions...

#18 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 07:57 AM

Agree 100%. I would probably not go again. It was $130ish for two of us with tickets, tokens, and abysmal food.

Spinnakers would have been a better bet to help them out after the fire.

#19 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 05:54 PM

Apparently they will do it again next year.  Just over 2,000 people through total.

#20 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:37 AM

This is on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users