• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 05:14 AM

Today's Craigslist Victoria file:

Dance like a monkey for $10/hour. Or, pose nude "holding a match in the ashes of a barn fire", for no pay at all.

MONKEY dancer: http://victoria.crai...5782376498.html

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 07:11 AM

From the Craigslist Victoria file today. Build a sign with supplied parts, for $30 cash. We'll deliver the parts. Your job: Use a screwdriver correctly.

http://victoria.crai...5811049161.html

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#3 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 07:19 AM

OK, Marge, we'll need a sign for our new business. How should we proceed?

Well, let's see, we could call a sign shop. Or maybe Staples has them. Or a place like the Plastic Shop. Or maybe ask that store down the street where they got theirs.

I have a better idea, Marge. Let's place a classified ad, then interview candidates to build it. Then we'll go buy all the wood, screws, hinges etc. Then let's drop it off to a person, see if they can make it. Then we'll go pick it up, completed.

Gee, Reg, why don't we just build it?

Are you crazy Marge, that takes skill! We'll need to pay top dollar to a real tradesman to make it. $30 ought to do it.

• sebberry and todd like this

#4 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 08:27 AM

From the Craigslist Victoria file today. Build a sign with supplied parts, for $30 cash. We'll deliver the parts. Your job: Use a screwdriver correctly.

http://victoria.crai...5811049161.html

They want a sandwich board built without the chalkboard for now? If they can't comprehend slapping together a basic sandwich board they certainly will be baffled as to how the chalkboard is later attached to it.

#5 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 08:34 AM

Are you crazy Marge, that takes skill! We'll need to pay top dollar to a real tradesman to make it. $30 ought to do it.

For a flimsy sign that's going to sail away like a leaf at the first gust of wind. Wasn't woodworking a mandatory course in junior high?

#6 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 08:46 AM

For a flimsy sign that's going to sail away like a leaf at the first gust of wind. Wasn't woodworking a mandatory course in junior high?

You can actually get the renovation stores to cut the lengths for you too, within reason.  4 lengths at 3' and 4 at 18" would not be a problem request.

#7 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 10:52 AM

A quality Sandwich Board can make or break the business, most underestimate the value of a good sandwich board --- I've had some heated board meetings on the issue.

Also knew somebody who tripped over a shoddy sandwich board that had fallen over and broke their leg --- make sure the sandwich board is insured for liability.

Edited by todd, 04 October 2016 - 10:54 AM.

#8 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 10:54 AM

A quality Sandwich Board can make or break the business, most underestimate the value of a good sandwich board --- I've had some heated board meetings on the issue.

Also knew somebody who tripped over a shoddy sandwich board that had fallen over and broke their leg --- make sure the sandwich board is insured for liability.

Yet, a whole bunch of Victoria businesses choose to hide their board in their doorway, lest they pay the $135 fee or whatever it is in the City.

I think if you have a sandwich shop, you need a sandwich board for sure.  Get your sandwich shop board to approve a sandwich board for the shop.

And if you have a board shop, you'd be best to have a sandwich board advertising your boards.  You could lobby hard to get your board shop board to approve the board.

#9 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 10:57 AM

Yet, a whole bunch of Victoria businesses choose to hide their board in their doorway, lest they pay the $135 fee or whatever it is in the City.

I'm told some municipalities just come and take your sign if it's too far out and you have to go down to City Hall to get it back

#10 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 09:37 AM

I Need A Wizard (Victoria Downtown) hide this posting

5665.png5666.png5665.png5665.png5666.png5666.png
marker-shadow.png

marker-icon.png

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map)

compensation: i dont know a comparable cost

I am under attack from an unknown source, I need a Wizard to help due to the context of what is happening, my life is under threat. The full details may be shared via e-mail, If you are not a Wizard and know of one, I would appreciate a referral.

http://victoria.crai...5871493333.html

• todd likes this

#11 johnk

johnk
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:46 AM

Went past OB Marina on Beach Drive and the resto sandwich board had the arrows pointing away from it misdirecting drivers.
Did someone switch it around or was someone unable to perform a simple task correctly?
  • VicHockeyFan likes this

#12 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 12:13 PM

Went past OB Marina on Beach Drive and the resto sandwich board had the arrows pointing away from it misdirecting drivers.
Did someone switch it around or was someone unable to perform a simple task correctly?

They sometimes leave it out overnight, maybe hooligans.

#13 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 12:19 PM

I Need A Wizard (Victoria Downtown) hide this posting
I am under attack from an unknown source, I need a Wizard to help due to the context of what is happening, my life is under threat. The full details may be shared via e-mail, If you are not a Wizard and know of one, I would appreciate a referral.

http://victoria.crai...5871493333.html

It's because trump won, I offered my services.

Edited by todd, 11 November 2016 - 12:20 PM.

#14 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 12:29 PM

They sometimes leave it out overnight, maybe hooligans.

I love the idea of teenage Oak Bay hooligans.

"Reginald, what say we surreptitiously reverse the direction of this sign and observe the drivers become discombobulated?"

"Splendid idea, Alastair. Let's observe from behind this shrubbery."
  • VicHockeyFan, johnk and todd like this

#15 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 03:16 PM

Breaking: sandwich board fixed

20161111_141556(0).jpg

20161111_141300.jpg

Edited by todd, 11 November 2016 - 03:22 PM.

#16 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 03:32 PM

Is ice cream a big seller in November?

#17 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 03:58 PM

Is ice cream a big seller in November?

I buy it, but it's because I'm too scared to try the fresh love.

#18 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 04:06 PM

I buy it, but it's because I'm too scared to try the fresh love.

So you are saying you do not use Tinder?

#19 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 04:14 PM

So you are saying you do not use Tinder?

I'm an octopus.

• Mike K. likes this

#20 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 10:17 AM

We are a couple looking for an adult cleaner. We are looking a for an open minded lady to clean in lingerie or topless while we watch. We won't take pictures or videos and there will be absolutely no physical contact beyond a customary handshake.

https://victoria.cra...6057505704.html

• johnk likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users