BUILT
Oaks at Bellewood Park
Use: condo
Address: 1201 Fort Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 6
Condo units: (sub-penthouse, penthouse, 1BR + den, 2BR + den, junior 2BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Bellewood Park offers a unique opportunity to experience nature – a place from which one can engage with the... (view full profile)
Learn more about Oaks at Bellewood Park on Citified.ca
Photo

[Rockland] Oaks, Cypress and Townhomes at Bellewood Park | Condos, townhomes | 6 and 4-storeys | Built - completed in 2022

• Please log in to reply
522 replies to this topic

#1 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 01:40 PM

Abstract Developments plans to build 81 condos and ten townhomes at 1201 Fort Street and 1050 Pentrelew Place. The condos will rise to five and six-storeys.

1201-Fort-Street-1050-Pentrelew-Place.jpg

Condos, townhomes planned for Victoria Truth Centre property on upper Fort Street

http://victoria.citi...er-fort-street/

Abstract Developments is seeking development approvals for two condo residences and a row of townhomes at 1201 Fort Street and 1050 Pentrelew Place, according to municipal documents filed with the City of Victoria.

The project is planned for a 1.8-acre parcel in the Rockland neighbourhood sold to Abstract earlier this year by the Victoria Truth Centre church. The land had been listed for sale at $7-million by commercial brokerage firm CBRE Victoria.

“Following the purchase of the site we began community consultations to get a sense of direction from nearby residents. We’ve held ten such engagement sessions, and they’ve shaped a development vision that is in-keeping with the Official Community Plan and which we are now presenting to the City,” said Mike Miller, head of Abstract Developments.

Miller says the unique nature of the site, with its mature trees and greenery, played a key role in the layout of the buildings and overall site concept.

“One of our goals is to retain as many of the property’s mature trees as possible, and we’ll be able to do this by situating our buildings around the trees while maintaining 70% of the property as open, undeveloped space,” Miller said, adding that as part of a placemaking effort, Abstract will create a public green space accessible off of Fort Street with a cut-through to Pentrelew Place. [Full article]

• Nparker, Mr Cook Street and lanforod like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 02:31 PM

This explains why the Abstract trailer is on the site... once again, it looks like Mike K and citified.ca have the 'first scoop'!

• Nparker likes this

#3 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 02:44 PM

Given the fairly limited amount of retail in Rockland proper, I wonder if there are any plans to include any storefronts in one of the two condo buildings at street level?

#4 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 03:36 PM

:)

No plans for commercial in this project, at least not at this time.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#5 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 03:37 PM

No plans for commercial in this project, at least not at this time.

Not even a non-restaurant, non-grocery food outlet?  :wacko:

#6 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 03:39 PM

Nope :)

Know it all.

#7 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 04:01 PM

I would not want to see retail there unless possibly it was a lawyer/doctor office like the rest of the street.

• Bingo likes this

#8 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 04:39 PM

I would not want to see retail there unless possibly it was a lawyer/doctor office like the rest of the street.

I was thinking of a coffee shop or a corner store for the Rockland residents...

#9 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 04:45 PM

Nobody is going into the corner store business anymore.  

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#10 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 04:51 PM

Most corners are too busy with next to zero parking. This location on a one-way street on a hill going out of town does not make it attractive for walkers and cyclists heading for a coffee.

#11 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 04:55 PM

Fairfield Market opened behind Fairfield Bicycles at the corner of Oscar and Moss relatively recently (within last few years) close to where I reside. Though they are extremely close to Clare Mart they have their own niche: a lmajority of their products are made on the island and they serve espresso-based drinks (they also avoid some categories of c-store products, like lottery and tobbaco, completely).

Perhaps this kind of c-store can serve the residents of Rockland?

#12 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 04:59 PM

Probably to do with the feng shui of the site

#13 aastra

aastra
  • 20,649 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 05:32 PM

Has the market been cornered? It might sound corny but I'd give high marks to a corner market that makes its mark marketing corn, corn chips, corn nuts, and Cornettos.

I think we can all agree that a corner store would never work on that little block surrounded by Pentrelew Place.*

*Because it's circular, you miserable killjoys. No corners, thus no corner store. My talents are wasted on this board.

Are there a lot of medical investigators living in Rockland? Maybe a coroner store would be successful there? They could sell gloves, evidence bags, face masks, etc.

Edited by aastra, 18 October 2016 - 07:21 PM.

• zoomer likes this

#14 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 08:44 AM

Today'S T-C article about this development:

http://www.timescolo...-land-1.3227315

Edited by Kapten Kapsell, 26 November 2016 - 08:45 AM.

#15 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 08:55 AM

Today'S T-C article about this development:

http://www.timescolo...-land-1.3227315

A couple of images from that article

Truth1.JPG  Truth2.JPG

#16 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,116 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 08:12 AM

is there a site plan for this anywhere? i'm having trouble picturing this one. i didn't even know it went to pentrelew.

#17 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 08:24 AM

is there a site plan for this anywhere? i'm having trouble picturing this one. i didn't even know it went to pentrelew.

screenshot-www.google.ca 2016-12-03 08-23-27.png

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#18 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 08:25 AM

The very first post in this thread shows the property outline.

Know it all.

#19 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 08:26 AM

The very first post in this thread shows the property outline.

post-3-0-84265100-1475703021.jpg

#20 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,116 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 08:51 AM

i saw that, i meant site plan, where the buildings & driveways & all that will be. i haven't seen anything like that, only that aerial photo & a few renderings.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users