• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 08:13 AM

Cool place.

There is one plate you can order, just tell them how much you want to spend (ie. $4, $5 $6 etc.), they bring you something, their choice, and then when the bill comes you can flip a coin.. win and the meal is free, lose and you pay double.

The owner is Petr, a local legend in the restaurant biz.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 08:58 AM

Yeah I love Floyd's too. Go for the Bennys they are awesome. I have seen te French toast and it is pretty impressive especially the Mt. Kilamanjaro.

Petr was the one that turned around the Cup of Joe's in James Bay. Though the subsequent owners have done a good job of turning it around again.

Rumour has it that Petr has now bought Baja Grill on Bay street.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#3 Jarrod

Jarrod
  • 125 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 09:21 AM

Now, I hate breakfast...I went to Floyd's, and it was half decent! I can't remember what I had but it actually was good.

The reason why I don't like breakfast is milk and eggs.

#4 Lover Fighter

Lover Fighter
  • 653 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 02:01 PM

I hate the fact that I've never been to Floyd's before... even though my friend is a cook there! I've heard many good things though.

#5 Jarrod

Jarrod
  • 125 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 02:51 PM

You should go. I recommend it.

Plus they have a huge fish tank in there. I odn't know if it's all that clean, but it's cool all the same. I like fishies

#6 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 02:53 PM

That fish tank stays with the restaurant I think. There was a Chinese restaurant at that local for years and it had the same fish tank in it.

It has a whole new look!

#7 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 05:26 PM

One of the my friends is one of the waitresses, but I have yet to go.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#8 Carewser

Carewser
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 01:00 PM

yeah, i've heard it's good too, but it's just so far out of the way for me. :P

#9 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 01:11 PM

You could probably set up some sort of pulley system so you could cruise to their patio from the roof of your building. Now that would be cool. 8)

It has a whole new look!

#10 &lt;avril&gt;

&lt;avril&gt;
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 06:57 PM

I love that place! Me and my dad sometimes go, and everyone is really friendly, and they have great food & service.

#11 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 07:40 PM

I love that place! Me and my dad sometimes go, and everyone is really friendly, and they have great food & service.

It's simply done on the same idea as John's Place. Cool, casual servers with no uniforms, average looking interiors, good food at reasonable prices. You think it would work every time.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#12 Savannah

Savannah
  • 213 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 10:09 PM

Vere iss diss Floyd's Diner?

#13 Ms. B. Havin

Ms. B. Havin
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 10:11 PM

^ NW corner of Quadra & Yates, diagonally across from Market on Yates. Dark pink building, can't miss it (looks nice, I mean -- pink is good :) ...Better than peach, salmon, beige, vanilla, beige, off-beige, ...did I mention vanilla?)
When you buy a game, you buy the rules. Play happens in the space between the rules.

#14 Doc Sage

Doc Sage
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 06:11 AM

Mike, owner operator, was owner of Cup of Joe in James Bay and managed Pagliachi in Nanaimo many years ago.

Think of it as a John's Place for a younger minded breakfast crowd. Great food but be prepared to line-ups on weekends from 9:00 A.M. on.

One will find live music on Saturday evenings and Edson, kitchen manager, is working on a dinner menu.

Doc Sage

#15 Savannah

Savannah
  • 213 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 06:59 AM

We shall give it a try soon. Thanks for the directions!

#16 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 07:12 AM

Thought the owners name was Petr?

It has a whole new look!

#17 Rorschach

Rorschach

Truth is my bitch!

• 758 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 08:26 AM

I went to Floyd's yesterday and it was a good breakfast. I tried to go to the Shine Cafe but it was closed for renovations.

I got good and fast service from a very cute litte blonde. The eye candy appeal was nice, but she was very cheerful and friendly as I always hope for and expect.

They gave me a frequent flyer punch card thing - buy 10 get the eleventh free.

Reccommended.

#18 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 08:37 AM

I have never been on a weekday, I am sure it is much faster than on the weekends.

It has a whole new look!

#19 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 11:51 AM

I went to Floyd's yesterday and it was a good breakfast. I tried to go to the Shine Cafe but it was closed for renovations.

I got good and fast service from a very cute litte blonde. The eye candy appeal was nice, but she was very cheerful and friendly as I always hope for and expect.

They gave me a frequent flyer punch card thing - buy 10 get the eleventh free.

Reccommended.

A blonde that works there will be getting body-painted (topless) at Soprano's on Superbowl day. :)

#20 Rorschach

Rorschach

Truth is my bitch!

• 758 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 05:58 AM

There you go bursting my illusions. This cute blonde was a b-cup. Beautiful, but no lap dancer type.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users