Photo
- - - - -

Bois & Cuir furniture/lighting/decor 1323 Government St.

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 12:50 PM

https://www.facebook...ndcuirvictoria/

The former Christmas store on Government St., been open 9 days now.

15941513_1194161187299689_424297717245046376_n.jpg 16142421_1196668453715629_456026117997860268_n.jpg 16142859_1196671620381979_3523251933065122290_n.jpg 16114690_1196675313714943_6065083449556976144_n.jpg 16114761_1198199990229142_2949958256473997217_n.jpg 16115071_1198206313561843_927350638030056529_n.jpg

They have some real neat unique stuff, and good price points.  It's the same ownership group as Standard Furniture, but the first outlet west of Quebec.  Quite a lot of small decor items at $50 to $150.  They have really made nice use of the space here.

• Nparker likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,404 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:08 PM

I must check it out. I am a sucker for unique tchotchkes.

#3 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,177 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:15 PM

How do you pronounce their name? Boys and queer? Bwa and kwee? Bwa and queer?

• VicHockeyFan, Nparker and johnk like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#4 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,404 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:17 PM

How do you pronounce their name?

Wood & leather.

• VicHockeyFan, sebberry and Jill like this

#5 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:33 PM

Wood & leather.

Wow.  I took French in 8th and 9th grade.  Not sure those words ever came up.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#6 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,177 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:26 PM

Ok, Boys 'n' Queer it is.
  • Matt R. likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#7 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,404 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:29 PM

Ok, Boys 'n' Queer it is.

Technically, "Boys 'ay' Queer" if is to sound entirely French.  ;)

#8 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,177 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:29 PM

Hmm. Ok, I'll take that.
  • VicHockeyFan and Nparker like this

Know it all.

#9 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:32 PM

Anyway.... I was quite impressed with it.  Very unique.

• Nparker likes this

#10 Street level

Street level
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 07:40 PM

Not unique. 2nd rate, poor quality. Knock offs of distinctive pieces. Yeah, I'm a "shelter magazine" junky (what my husband calls "house **rn" mags). Walked in this week, walked out underwhelmed. Won't be shopping there.

#11 Design Diva

Design Diva
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 10:44 AM

I just hate people when people don't have any knowledge about furnitures and commented "Knock Offs" & "Poor Quality".....?! 

A lot of us designers were in heaven the minute we walked into Bois & Cuir. They are Canadian base franchise company, all the pieces are designed by in house designers and were made in India, Vietnam and China. Love the chandeliers, they are Egyptian Crystals! It's absolutely Stunning and to die for!!!

The Staffs are very friendly and knowledgeable with their products! Highly Recommended for our clients!

#12 cfarrer

cfarrer
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 11:28 AM

Consider yourself warned...this store has beautiful pieces. Stunning. But you'll also be stunned by the poor customer service on the back end. For example, say in the event that you purchase a piece of furniture that does not fulfill the requirements of said piece of furniture, namely a table that is not flat, they will then tell you that it was meant to be an 'art piece'. But not before trying to have it repaired by having it welded at an OFF-ROAD VEHICLE MODIFICATION SHOP that is conveniently next door to their warehouse. But why attempt to have it repaired, Bois and Cuir, if the table is not meant to be a table and it is a 'decor piece'? No, the 'decor' designation was only attached when the repair failed to correct the manufacturers defect...When they refused to refund the $1000+ dollars, instead patting themselves on the back at the offer of store credit. For a table that was defective to begin with, suffered a failed attempt at repair, and is now apparently a real conversation piece as a sloped table. Shop here if you want your practical furniture to become art deco! 

#13 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 05:33 PM

^ & ^^ Uh oh... the one posters... and one only just joined today. 🙄
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#14 cfarrer

cfarrer
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:58 AM

Joining yesterday and posting once does not dismiss the fact that Bois & Cuir has provided terrible customer service and zero interest in rectifying the issue. The facts remain that the table we bought from them was defective - ADMITTEDLY SO by them proceeding to have it repaired. When the repair was not successful that is when they washed their hands of any professional integrity they were grasping and decided to redefine what exactly the furniture piece's purpose was supposed to be. Should you, or any past/future customers, actually care to hear the details, feel free to contact me. cfarrer@hotmail.com I'm not hiding anything. Who HAS gone into hiding is the owner of the store, who will not return messages, and the manager who went into explicit detail as to why a table doesn't necessarily have to be flat or level. I have filed a negative review with the BBB and will be proceeding with a formal complaint. I will also be proceeding with my credit card company to file a dispute of service with the retailer. Maybe you're so flush with cash that you can leave $1500 with a store that has screwed you over sdwright.vic. I'm not.

#15 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 10:34 AM

^ Ya, BBB seems a way to go.  It's Standard Furniture, you'd think they'd make it right.

#16 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 10:41 AM

**I have never done this**, but if you bought the table with a credit card, you could always try charging it back through your credit card issuing bank. There may be a basis if you did not get what you paid for and were not afforded decent customer service. It sounds like you did not receive the quality of product promised at the time of purchase. Presumably, you can document to the bank that it's a shoddy piece of furniture and you tried to return it to the store but B&C is simply being a shoddy merchant.

#17 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:23 AM

Consider yourself warned...this store has beautiful pieces. Stunning. But you'll also be stunned by the poor customer service on the back end. For example, say in the event that you purchase a piece of furniture that does not fulfill the requirements of said piece of furniture, namely a table that is not flat, they will then tell you that it was meant to be an 'art piece'. But not before trying to have it repaired by having it welded at an OFF-ROAD VEHICLE MODIFICATION SHOP that is conveniently next door to their warehouse. But why attempt to have it repaired, Bois and Cuir, if the table is not meant to be a table and it is a 'decor piece'? No, the 'decor' designation was only attached when the repair failed to correct the manufacturers defect...When they refused to refund the $1000+ dollars, instead patting themselves on the back at the offer of store credit. For a table that was defective to begin with, suffered a failed attempt at repair, and is now apparently a real conversation piece as a sloped table. Shop here if you want your practical furniture to become art deco! 

YOU should have had a look at the table before you bought it....

as for welding shops who cares if they also do OFF-ROAD VEHICLE MODIFICATION???? Welding is welding...maybe you should have requested a table welding shop

Edited by HB, 31 March 2017 - 10:24 AM.

#18 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,404 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:28 AM

Table Welding Shop would be a good name for a band.

• VicHockeyFan, shoeflack and cfarrer like this

#19 cfarrer

cfarrer
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 11:31 AM

YOU should have had a look at the table before you bought it....

as for welding shops who cares if they also do OFF-ROAD VEHICLE MODIFICATION???? Welding is welding...maybe you should have requested a table welding shop

The table in the store WAS level. I paid for a table that was to be shipped as they did not have extras in stock. The table that came off of the transport truck, that was NOT packaged for protection and was shipped from the mainland, was NOT. If only I could have been at the warehouse, in Lord knows where, to just see that the table I had bought wasn't level. I would have never let it ship before racing back to Victoria to accept the delivery. What on earth was I thinking not making the trip to the shipping location? Furniture never gets delivered - how absurd of me?

As for the welding shop, we were told by the store that it would be SENT FOR REPAIR. Why would we assume that they would default to the nearest ARC Welder available to fix an intricate table? A furniture store says they are going to return their product for repair, you assume it will be going back to the manufacturer. If I had a defective TV that I bought at BestBuy, I wouldn't assume they'd send it off to Chevrolet for repair. 

You either work for Bois and Cuir or you're daft enough to shop there/support them after learning of this debacle. As for an update - the owner of Bois & Cuir continues to avoid replying to us. He apparently owns another furniture store in the Greater Victoria area. 

#20 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 12:32 PM

Did you contact your credit card company?

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users