• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 08:49 AM

https://www.theq.fm/...-rock-festival/

The Victoria Day long weekend (May 19th through 21st)  at Laketown Ranch in Lake Cowichan, B.C. It will be a weekend event featuring camping, music and other festival activities! The first wave of artist announcements include: SAM ROBERTS BAND – LOVERBOY – TROOPER – HONEYMOON SUITE – MATT MAYS – PRISM – HEADPINS with more artist announcements will be coming soon.

thumbnail_LTROCK-POSTER-WEB-640x989.jpg

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 09:19 AM

I saw the ranch the other day. It's right along highway 18 at South Lake Road into Lake Cowichan.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#3 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 10:41 AM

I saw the ranch the other day. It's right along highway 18 at South Lake Road into Lake Cowichan.

Yup, former Canuck Greg Adams owns it.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#4 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 10:43 AM

Sunfest is coming to Cowichan Lake.

At Wednesday’s meeting of the Cowichan Valley Regional District, directors voted in support of two bylaws that will allow Sunfest Concerts to host its annual country music festival, and other events, on recently purchased land near Youbou. Electoral area directors voted overwhelmingly to approve the bylaws, with only Alison Nicholson, Area E (Cowichan Station/Sahtlam/Glenora) director, opposing the motions.

“All of us who are involved with Laketown Ranch and with Sunfest are all very excited that we can move forward with our plans,” said Sunfest owner Greg Adams, who added he was not surprised by the CVRD’s decision, given all the technical reports and information his company provided during the application process.

2016:

http://www.cowichanv.../365348941.html

#5 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 10:48 AM

http://www.timescolo...reams-1.2275306

Sunfest article.

Greg Adams, after his NHL career, moved back to Duncan and opened 4 Tim Horton's.

#6 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 11:43 AM

Loverboy huh? I would hope given his girth these days that Mike Reno isn't attempting to squeeze into those early 80's red satin oh-so-and-way-too-tight pants. Also for those old school Headpins fans be aware that Darby Mills no longer fronts the band so buyer beware if you are/were expecting to hear her belt out the old HP tunes. Not gonna happen.....

#7 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 11:57 AM

Loverboy huh? I would hope given his girth these days that Mike Reno isn't attempting to squeeze into those early 80's red satin oh-so-and-way-too-tight pants. Also for those old school Headpins fans be aware that Darby Mills no longer fronts the band so buyer beware if you are/were expecting to hear her belt out the old HP tunes. Not gonna happen.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So9anLK6cnk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGTS-2fJaQg

#8 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,861 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 04:29 PM

I saw lover boy at rock the shores a few years back and I gotta say, they were awesome. Outperformed the rest of the line up that day.

Headband and all.

Matt.
  • VicHockeyFan likes this

#9 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,319 posts

Posted 20 March 2024 - 03:58 AM

Gwen Stefani, Busta Rhymes, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony to play Laketown Shakedown in June

Laketown Shakedown from Wideglide Entertainment is set for June 28-30 at Laketown Ranch in Lake Cowichan, the 275-acre site that is also home to the annual Sunfest country music festival.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 20 March 2024 - 03:58 AM.

#10 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 20 March 2024 - 06:50 AM

Could you imagine living out along that stretch of what used to be a rural highway? Now you’ve got a race track, and a giant outdoor music venue in your area.

How times change :banana:
  • Matt R. likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#11 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,319 posts

Posted 20 March 2024 - 07:02 AM

I really love Gwen Stefani.

But she is 54.

Seems to me maybe her music would mature a bit too? I dunno.

#12 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,232 posts

Posted 20 March 2024 - 08:43 AM

50 is the new 30! Just ask Jered Leto.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users