BUILT
The Mill
Uses: office, commercial
Address: 503 Park Place
Municipality: Esquimalt
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 5
Esquimalt Town Square's five-storey office building, known as The Mill, will include four levels of office spa... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Mill on Citified.ca      Official website: https://aragon.ca/portfolio/esquimalt-town-square/home
Photo

[Esquimalt] Esquimalt Town Square | condos, rentals, office, commercial | 6, 6, 6 & 5-storeys | Built - completed in 2021

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#1 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 11:37 AM

Esquimalt-Town-Square-Citified.jpg

Preliminary work has begun at the site of Esquimalt's Town Square development along the 1200-block of Esquimalt Road. The project will include a mix of housing, office space and retail opportunities, along with an expanded public library.

Work gets underway on Esquimalt's residential and commercial Town Square dev

http://victoria.citi...own-square-dev/

Work has begun on Esquimalt’s mixed-use residential and commercial Town Square development in the municipality’s town centre.

Crews have closed several parking lots south of Esquimalt’s town hall in the 1200-block of Esquimalt Road in preparation for ground work and the relocation of underground infrastructure.

The project, dubbed Esquimalt Town Square, will include of a five-storey office building with four levels of class-A office space above a ground floor commercial component. The building’s first floor will house an expanded Greater Victoria Public Library branch along with retail uses. [Full article]

• Nparker likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,404 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 11:40 AM

Egads! Does that rendering show a 6-storey "tower". The skies in E-town will be forever darkened.  ;)

• AllseeingEye and grantpalin like this

#3 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 11:45 AM

I note among the other projects in Esquimalt the 6-story Verde condo is sold out but....yuck! Is that rendering indicative of the final look of the building?

#4 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 11:49 AM

Yup, it is. It's meant to have been ultra-affordable.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#5 FirstTimeHomeCrier

FirstTimeHomeCrier
  • 357 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 12:31 PM

I note among the other projects in Esquimalt the 6-story Verde condo is sold out but....yuck! Is that rendering indicative of the final look of the building?

I would have loved to buy a unit in the Verde. Unfortunately, the project was almost completely sold out before I knew about it. I guess I'm not picky with the exterior of a building, but it looks fine to me. Far better than basically every building already in the neighbourhood. I'm really hoping for similar projects in the future.

#6 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 12:44 PM

That's why you've now come across the best place to stay up-to-date on local developments! Using VV with Citified.ca ensures you're in-the-know  :cheers:

• Nparker and songheesguy like this

Know it all.

#7 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,285 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 19 April 2018 - 07:14 AM

Construction-begins-on-mixed-use,-office,-retail-and-residential-Esquimalt-Town-Square-project.jpg

Construction has begun on Esquimalt's multi-building, mixed-use Town Square development adjacent to the township's municipal hall. The project will include office space, retail storefronts and residences in buildings rising to six-storeys.

Construction begins on mixed-use office, retail and residential Esquimalt Town Square project

https://victoria.cit...square-project/

• Nparker likes this
Know it all.

#8 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 07:16 AM

I suspect that this development could be home to the first Starbucks in Esquimalt...

#9 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 07:17 AM

I wouldn't be surprised!

There's also a high likelihood that a formal brewpub/restaurant will situate in the project, too.

Know it all.

#10 jasmineshinga

jasmineshinga
  • 332 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 07:26 AM

That might mess with the Tudor's plans to rebuild the brewpub once their capital is refilled by the liquor store revenues.

~ Jasmine ~

#11 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 07:36 AM

Is that actually a plan? I was under the impression that they chose a liquor store over a pub.

Know it all.

#12 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:05 AM

This one will be especially interesting to see condo pricing. Will it be a relative bargain as its esquimalt? Or will it be more like westbay

#13 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:05 AM

Is that actually a plan? I was under the impression that they chose a liquor store over a pub.

They still have an empty lot in the parking lot that would be the perfect size for a pub

#14 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:58 AM

^The Tudor Pub is still planned... just delayed according to the owners and plan.

Westbay is Esquimalt.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#15 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 09:01 AM

Westbay is Esquimalt.

Yep and it ended up being more expensive than some people on here were expecting. I'm wondering if this one will be too

#16 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 09:02 AM

It's hard to say. If the product is high quality, there's no reason why it wouldn't be priced accordingly. Houses are most certainly selling for prices you'd find in comparable neighbourhoods in Victoria and Saanich.

Know it all.

#17 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 09:02 AM

I would bet the prices will not be discounted much, if at all.

#18 jasmineshinga

jasmineshinga
  • 332 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 10:43 AM

Per chatting with the owner, revenue is faster to come in and profit margin is thicker on a liquor store, so it's an interim step. That's why they massively overbuilt the parking lot and left a bare lot in the middle - future rebuild is intended.

~ Jasmine ~

#19 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 03:29 PM

I believe the future phases include a medium ride residential component. The pub will be within the residential building, or will it be a standalone pub?

Know it all.

#20 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 04:53 PM

There was talk about a hotel above the pub.
  • Mike K. likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users