APPROVED
E&N Building
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: Kimta Road at Sitkum Road
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 25
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, townhome, 1BR + den, 2BR + den, 3BR + den)
Sales status: in planning
The E&N Building is a 25-storey condominium proposal for 200-block Kimta Road as part of the Roundhouse de... (view full profile)
Learn more about E&N Building on Citified.ca
Photo

[Vic West] Bayview Place, tower 4 (Roundhouse) | Condos | 25-storeys | Approved

• Please log in to reply
247 replies to this topic

#1 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,168 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 12:55 PM

26-storey-tower-proposed-for-Roundhouse-development-in-Vic-West-Citified.jpg

The silhouette of Vic West's Bayview Place development as seen from downtown Victoria. A proposal by developer Focus Equities to build a 26-storey residential tower as the project's next phase will yield the City of Victoria's tallest building, although the title may be short lived if a downtown Victoria proposal receives the green light.

26-storey condo tower to rise above Victoria's Inner Harbour

http://victoria.citi...-inner-harbour/

Vic West’s Bayview Place development will once again claim the title of the Capital City’s tallest building with the announcement of a 26-storey condominium tower.

Planned for a site along Kimta Road in the harbourfront Songhees neighbourhood, the 207-unit residence could reach upwards of 77-metres above ground level, making it the tallest structure on southern Vancouver Island.

Although approvals have been granted by the City of Victoria for a building rising as high as 77-metres, final design modifications could yield a height at or below the approved limit, according to Paul Corns, the communications director for Focus Equities' Bayview Place development. [Full article]

• Nparker, 2F2R, jonny and 2 others like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,395 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:02 PM

25 floors should become the new minimum standard for highrises in the CoV!

• 2F2R and DavidSchell like this

#3 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:17 PM

This can't go up fast enough as far as I'm concerned! Can't wait to see renderings!

• Nparker, 2F2R and DavidSchell like this

#4 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,395 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:21 PM

This can't go up fast enough as far as I'm concerned! Can't wait to see renderings!

Considering the entire Roundhouse development should have been nearing completion by now, this one should already be shovels in the ground!

#5 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:22 PM

Do we know what the approved density is?

#6 Mattjvd

Mattjvd
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:23 PM

Provided the building permits go smoothly, would you expect ground breaking immediatley after the completion of Encore?

#7 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:24 PM

So this is going to go here, approx?

Roundhouse Building 1.png

#8 Mattjvd

Mattjvd
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:28 PM

So this is going to go here, approx?

Roundhouse Building 1.png

I believe so. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the parcel zoned for 26 stories is entirely on the south side of the tracks?

#9 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,168 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:29 PM

It's going to the right of that box, west of the red shack thingy.

It'll actually be quite wide along Kimta (spanning between the shack and the first big tree), but quite thin when viewed from the east/west.

Screen Shot 2017-04-12 at 2.28.12 PM.png

• jonny likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#10 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,395 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:32 PM

...It'll actually be quite wide along Kimta (spanning between the shack and the first big tree), but quite thin when viewed from the east/west...

Triangular?

#11 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:33 PM

Cool, thanks Mike.

#12 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,395 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:41 PM

I assume it is represented by the image I have outlined in red on the rendering below.

RH.JPG

I am sure the massing and design are quite different though.

#13 DavidSchell

DavidSchell
  • 684 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:44 PM

The silhouette of Vic West's Bayview Place development as seen from downtown Victoria. A proposal by developer Focus Equities to build a 26-storey residential tower as the project's next phase will yield the City of Victoria's tallest building, although the title may be short lived if a downtown Victoria proposal receives the green light.

Great to see this project moving forward ... going to be a nice skyline from the inner harbour one day!

• Nparker and 2F2R like this

#14 Prom2

Prom2
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:46 PM

Considering the entire Roundhouse development should have been nearing completion by now, this one should already be shovels in the ground!

...and would shovels in the ground at this location, also be defined as remediation ?

#15 laconic

laconic
  • 741 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 02:11 PM

Paul Corns said that since they had to do remediation for the building soil they would do the rest of the Roundhouse soil too. His problem has been finding a place that would take the soil.

Increased density (and having a commuter rail line terminus) means that Roundhouse becomes increasingly more viable.

The building design is still somewhat fluid. The plans they showed at the commuter rail meeting were in line with a longer building.

To give you an idea of height, the top of the building would be about the same as the top of Promontory, since Promontory is about 4 stories up on the hill. (Maybe we should call it the beginnings of the Great Wall of Kimta)

#16 aastra

aastra
  • 20,649 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 02:14 PM

26 stories and a longer building do not mix.

I think I'd be bummed if any future towers are bulkier than Promontory.

Edited by aastra, 12 April 2017 - 02:16 PM.

#17 aastra

aastra
  • 20,649 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 02:19 PM

Not saying Promontory is bulky. I'm saying it's just right.

#18 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,395 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 02:26 PM

26 stories and a longer building do not mix...

I think this depends a lot on the massing. If the "long" side diminishes significantly before reaching the top (i.e. every 5 floors is stepped back a bit further) then I don't think it's so bad. Admittedly, the absolute last thing we need is the 21st century version of View Towers as the first major structure at the Roundhouse.

#19 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 02:32 PM

Not saying Promontory is bulky. I'm saying it's just right.

Which is why I inquired about the approved density. That would give us an idea, perhaps, of what the profile of this tower will be.

• DavidSchell likes this

#20 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,168 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 03:04 PM

207-units is the current estimate, but that may change.

Laconic is correct, the two towers (Promontory and Roundhouse 1) have a geodetic height approval for 88-metres each, so they'll be equal to each other in terms of height from sea level. Promontory is 66.3-metres, Roundhouse 1 will be 73-77. Bayview has 4-metres to work with for the upper levels.

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)