Foxtrot Tango Whisky

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 04:49 PM

‘Foxtrot Tango Whisky Bar’ open RIGHT NOW in downtown Victoria for the first time ever – come on down!

OPEN at 6pm tonight!

MORE:

• Wayne likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:00 PM

Now see, I would have named this Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot

• Wayne likes this

#3 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:54 PM

You know, it's interesting that the name has the word whiskey in it. Wasn't it up until a little while ago that a business name could not use names of alcohol as part of the actual name of the premises? Or am I misremembering this?
  • Matt R. likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#4 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 06:36 PM

Whiskey A-Go-Go?

#5 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,113 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 07:41 PM

Rum Runner?
  • VicHockeyFan and Nparker like this

#6 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:29 AM

Service was top notch last night, as you'd expect from a Soole operation.

• Matt R. likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#7 Langford Rat

Langford Rat
  • 405 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:17 AM

There's no "E" in Canadian whisky. If they are going to do an article on someone, you think they could get the name right....

• AllseeingEye likes this

#8 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,232 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:55 AM

Maybe they're selling Scotch?

• Nparker likes this

#9 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,285 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:38 PM

Mixologist-creates-most-expensive-cocktail-in-Victoria.jpg

Downtown Victoria's newly-opened Foxtrot Tango Whisky bar in the Hilton DoubleTree Hotel is serving up a cocktail fit for a king.

Mixologist creates Victoria's ‘most expensive cocktail'

http://victoria.citi...t-tango-whisky/

• Matt R. likes this
Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#10 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:33 PM

There's no "E" in Canadian whisky. If they are going to do an article on someone, you think they could get the name right....

Yup an elemental reporting error, need do your homework: "e" is always the Irish, and sometimes the American spelling, generally denoting a bourbon in the case of the Excited States of 'Murrica. Even it was referring to "Scotch" in order for it to be a true Scotch - produced in Scotland, aged in oak barrels for a minimum of three years among many other requirements - it is always spelled without an "e" both there and in this country.

I certainly appreciate the history of the cognac - but at $400+ for a drink I don't care what's in it, I'll pass thanks; to each their own naturally, however I need neither to be an elitist nor impress my friends & family with a story about how I spent hundreds of buck$ on a 4-ounce drink. Wouldn't have that effect in any event, they'd all question my sanity...

#11 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:56 PM

• Matt R. and Bingo like this

#12 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,861 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:09 AM

I saw the prices on that part of the menu and wondered if they were in pesos!

Matt.
  • Wayne likes this

#13 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 06:12 AM

I am sitting on the fence about this comment, but no need to elaborate as it's one of your most profound statements ever.

• AllseeingEye likes this

#14 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,861 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 06:18 PM

Soole’s new partnership, Foxtrot Tango Whisky, is already near to closing down apparently? Not much in the way of details but it’s something external apparently. Wild!

Matt.
  • VicHockeyFan likes this

#15 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 06:32 PM

Soole’s new partnership, Foxtrot Tango Whisky, is already near to closing down apparently? Not much in the way of details but it’s something external apparently. Wild!

Matt.

I'm sure (maybe) it has something to do with their license and their steadfast refusal to do food, and/or the complexities of working inside someone elses premise, likely using her liquor license.

To our loyal guests and cocktail enthusiasts, due to complicated
circumstances it is possible that this is the last week for FTW to operate
before being closed long before it's time. We hope to see you all come by
to enjoy our amazing little space for the time we have left.

Sincerely,

The FTW family

https://www.facebook...883005881710912

#16 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 07:21 PM

Soole’s new partnership, Foxtrot Tango Whisky, is already near to closing down apparently...

I'm sure (maybe) it has something to do with their license and their steadfast refusal to do food, and/or the complexities of working inside someone else's premise...

They really should have used my suggestion for their name: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Edited by Nparker, 10 December 2017 - 10:03 AM.

• zenbunny and johnk like this

#17 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,861 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 07:44 PM

I'm sure (maybe) it has something to do with their license and their steadfast refusal to do food, and/or the complexities of working inside someone elses premise, likely using her liquor license.

https://www.facebook...883005881710912

Oh? I’ve never been, don’t even know where it is. I assumed it was a stand alone business with a LP license. Not the case?

Matt.

#18 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 08:43 PM

FTW is the old Doubles Oyster Bar in what was the Executive House Hotel. The fact that floor is surrounded by kitchens but they don't serve snacks is odd to say the least. It was a stupid name, too.

• Matt R. likes this

#19 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,861 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 10:00 PM

I always used FTW to mean **** The World. Such teen angst.

Matt.
  • Nparker and johnk like this

#20 Greg

Greg
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 10:31 PM

I always used FTW to mean **** The World. Such teen angst.

Matt.

For the win is the more common usage these days I think. And it is really strange that they don't have ANYTHING to eat, not even nuts or popcorn on the tables.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users