BUILT
The Pearl Residences
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1628 Store Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 8
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR)
Sales status: now selling
The Pearl Residences is an eight-storey condominium proposal situated along the 1600-block of Store Street in ... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Pearl Residences on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] The Pearl Residences | Condos; commercial | 8-storeys | Built completed in 2023

• Please log in to reply
605 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 03:23 PM

I'm hearing this proposal is nearly at City Hall's door.

screenshot-www.google.ca-2017-09-15-16-19-35-368.png

• jonny and LV like this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 04:02 PM

That's a hell of a thing.

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#3 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 05:33 PM

Between this, the Ironworks condo and a few other smaller projects - assuming this one sees the light of day and is approved - hopefully we are seeing the beginning of serious development in an area of downtown, roughly between Government St to the east and the waterfront to the west extending to Rock Bay, that has languished and been permitted to molder and rot for far too long. Good news IMO....

• zoomer, Hotel Mike, jonny and 2 others like this

#4 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:56 PM

Downtown continues to grow...

#5 manuel

manuel
  • 595 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:10 PM

The X is an interesting design, however it is too tall, will destroy the views of nearby residents and removes one of the last examples of heritage parking lots downtown. It must be stopped.

Besides, the parking shortage will get worse and the city will be blamed even though a higher and better use of the private parking lot is being proposed.
  • AllseeingEye, jonny, Danma and 2 others like this
"I know nothing"

#6 Greg

Greg
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 07:57 AM

This would presumably extend the harbour walkway as well. Might actually be able to have a nice walk from old town to the Canoe Club one day...

• LV likes this

#7 LV

LV
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 09:46 AM

Love it!  Old Town/Chinatown is getting better and better these days.  10 years ago Market Square & around it seemed so underutilized and kind of an ugly/dead zone, so frustrating given it's potential.  With all these newer developments (Union, Janion, 595 Pandora, and hopefully this one, Northern Junk etc) and funkier/nicer retail going in nearby (La Roux, Union Pacific, Jam Cafe, Drake's inner patio, etc) it's getting to be a really cool neighborhood.  Would still love to see the courtyard of Market Square make more use of it's potential, but Solstice has a patio now too and I did see a band there recently so hopefully that's coming together! 

• Janion Fan and DougG like this

#8 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 10:12 AM

So with the Lefevre project coming and something must be happening where Barclay's Exchange was, no?   That'll make for some cool stuff.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 16 September 2017 - 10:23 AM.

• Nparker likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#9 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,234 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 10:22 AM

Good point VHF. That is a massive lot. I hope any future development on that site is very much tied in with Chinatown.

Don't be so sure.:cool:

#10 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 10:24 AM

I'd love for this building to be slightly taller than the new wing of the Janion and Mermaid Wharf. It'd be a shame if all three were even in height.
  • songheesguy likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#11 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 11:04 AM

I'd love for this building to be slightly taller than the new wing of the Janion and Mermaid Wharf. It'd be a shame if all three were even in height.

It would make sense, perhaps...

#12 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 07:08 PM

This would presumably extend the harbour walkway as well. Might actually be able to have a nice walk from old town to the Canoe Club one day...

Had to chuckle at this as it reminded me of an utterly inane comment from She Who Must not be Named - ok it was Pam Madoff - a couple of years ago when the "David Foster" walkway concept was getting some serious traction and media play.

I'm paraphrasing here but very closely, with regard to our harbour walkway - roughly from Canoe Club to Laurel Point - she made the incredible and bizarre statement that, "its (Victoria's harbour walk)....as good as if not better than anything in Vancouver". At which point whatever little credibility she may have had - on any subject - basically went up in smoke as far as I was concerned.

First, in response, I would say get off the crack. Second IMO anyone from the Rock who has never spent any great deal of time in Vancouver, or more specifically actually lived there and knows the landscape intimately, should just ex-nay with the comparison-ay between YVR and Victoria because those folks merely reveal the depth of their ignorance of the topic in all its glory.

No one of sound mind and with two eyes that actually work, can ever seriously claim that the pathetic, disjointed, fractured, dirt poor Victoria country bumpkin cousin of a harbour walk can currently be compared with the incomparable, truly world class Vancouver version - which today essentially allows one to walk continuously from Jericho Beach in the Point Grey area through and along Kits Beach and Kits Point and marina though and across Granville Island along the ex-Olympic Village waterfront area to the TELUS Science World, and from there stroll along the north side of False Creek to Second and Third Beaches in and around the West End, to and completely around Stanley friggin' Park! and back along the downtown YVR waterfront at least to the Vancouver T&C Center and Canada Harbour Place and the cruise ship terminal. Favorably comparing our laughing stock 'harbour walk' in its present discombobulated state to Vancouver's is like saying that Elsie the Cow would give a Bugatti Veyron a run for its money. It could happen......but I rather doubt it.

• VicHockeyFan, Nparker, LJ and 6 others like this

#13 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 07:30 PM

But...but.. but... lime green bikes!

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 16 September 2017 - 07:31 PM.

#14 rambaldi

rambaldi
  • 182 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 07:04 PM

But...but.. but... lime green bikes!

Indeed! Too bad cycling isn't permitted on our harbour walkway

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#15 Janion Fan

Janion Fan
  • 240 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 10:54 AM

I'm hearing this proposal is nearly at City Hall's door.

Nearly....

Attached Images

• 432 - Next Door Presentation (11-28-17).jpg

• Rob Randall, Nparker, AllseeingEye and 2 others like this

#16 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,398 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 10:59 AM

Dang! Nothing yet on D'Ambrosio's website.

• darlenet8 likes this

#17 JanionGuy

JanionGuy
  • 772 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:22 AM

Nearly....

I see Darlene Tait is involved (previous Director of Marketing for Spirit Bay development)

• darlenet8 likes this

#18 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,285 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 17 November 2017 - 02:17 PM

What we were able to assess thus far is the project will rise to five-storeys and include a varied assortment of units plus a commercial component at-grade.

Chinatown-condo-dev-to-rise-at-the-foot-of-Fisgard-Street.jpg

A mixed-use condominium residence and ground floor retail development has been proposed for a surface parking lot at the foot of Fisgard Street in Chinatown. The building will rise to five-storeys between the Janion and Mermaid Wharf projects.

Chinatown condo dev to rise at the foot of Fisgard Street

https://victoria.cit...fisgard-street/

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#19 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,398 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 02:57 PM

If it blocks my view of the Sooke Hills as I walk along Wharf Street, it cannot be allowed to proceed.

Edited by Nparker, 18 November 2017 - 09:11 PM.

#20 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 17 November 2017 - 03:13 PM

If it blocks my view of the Sooke Hills as I walk along Wharf Street, I cannot be allowed to proceed.

If only this was the type of argument we were hearing from certain members of Council

• Nparker and AllseeingEye like this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)