Photo

Circo Osorio Circus

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mystic-Pizza

Mystic-Pizza
  • 623 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 05:32 PM

There is a Circus in town right now from Las Vegas called Circo Osorio.

It is a Latin styled  &  influenced Circus  featuring performers from Mexico, Columbia, Brazil, & Argentina.

The Circus BIG TOP is set up in the parking lot behind the Archie Browning Centre in Esquimalt and there are still 3 shows left. One more tonight at 7:30pm  and 3 shows tomorrow at 3:30 & 5:30.

Each show runs 1 & a half hours in length and is animal Free. If focuses on Acrobatics, Magic, and some classic circus acts.  [attachment=21150:Circus BIG TOP (1).JPG][attachment=21151:Circus Line.jpg]

It's great fun if you enjoy the more traditional circus vibe.

Edited by Mystic-Pizza, 29 September 2018 - 05:39 PM.

#2 Midnightly

Midnightly
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 08:20 PM

it's a decent show.. lots of energy! decent acts.. better then when they were here last (out at luxton a few yrs ago) worth checking out especially if you have kids (there are free tix for kids under 10 at many places in esq area.. country grocer had them last time i was in)  just gotta get there super early.. we went to the 3:30 showing got there by 2:30 and there was already a solid line and was told the show is nearly sold out! when we left  at 5 the line up for the next show stretched across the parking lot

• Mystic-Pizza likes this

#3 Mystic-Pizza

Mystic-Pizza
  • 623 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 08:29 PM

it's a decent show.. lots of energy! decent acts.. better then when they were here last (out at luxton a few yrs ago) worth checking out especially if you have kids (there are free tix for kids under 10 at many places in esq area.. country grocer had them last time i was in)  just gotta get there super early.. we went to the 3:30 showing got there by 2:30 and there was already a solid line and was told the show is nearly sold out! when we left  at 5 the line up for the next show stretched across the parking lot

You and me were at the same show.  I found it a rather refreshing experience. Something totally different as Victoria rarely gets Circus visits anymore. When I was a kid the circus that came to Victoria still had Animals and LIVE Musicians to accompany the performances.Heck I even got to Ride on top of an Elephant TWICE for $5 bucks a ride. Those days are over. I must admit that during the show I was looking out over the audience and trying to figure out how many people were there. It was more or less sold out. So I figure at $25 bucks for adult admission, that the show was likely taking in around $40,000 dollars per show times 3 shows per day. This is taking into account also the "Free Tickets" which would have been paid for by other sources in advance such as school districts, and other businesses at a discounted rate.  I say "Good for them" The circus arts are a wonderful thing that is almost extinct. Now that animals are no longer a part of the Circus (at least in North America) I think more people are receptive to the Circus when it comes to town and are more then happy to open their wallets and enjoy the magic of CIRCUS CIRCUS.

Edited by Mystic-Pizza, 29 September 2018 - 08:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users