Cadborosaurus Sightings

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 08:23 AM

Inquest has been launched: https://www.oakbayne...ay-sea-monster/

I think it may have existed but I spent enough time in these waters to believe it’s long gone. I heard one reliable tail from one of the oldest fisherman in the area he had something coming up grabbing his boat and shaking side to side violently for sometime.
  • Mike K. likes this

#2 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 08:27 AM

...I heard one reliable tail from one of the oldest fisherman in the area he had something coming up grabbing his boat and shaking side to side violently for sometime.

But you know who/what was really behind that incident don't you todd?  ;)

#3 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 08:47 AM

But you know who/what was really behind that incident don't you todd?  ;)

Oh because I’m a giant green creature who lives in the ocean... So typical of you frickin landlubbers
  • Nparker, lanforod and kxl like this

#4 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,294 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 09:00 AM

But you know who/what was really behind that incident don't you todd? ;)

ben isitt?

#5 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 09:02 AM

Was the creature in the above noted incident exceptionally red in colour?

#6 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 09:29 AM

Was the creature in the above noted incident exceptionally red in colour?

I saw him try to swallow up an entire horse drawn carriage.
  • Mike K., Nparker and mbjj like this

#7 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 10:10 PM

Caddy makes the list of top urban legends of every US state. They place Cadboo Bay in Washington State but I'm not arguing with the methodology.

https://i.redd.it/6knrfa7kk3v31.png

Edited by Rob Randall, 27 October 2019 - 10:12 PM.

#8 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 10:35 PM

Pretty sure this thing is extinct no sightings for years you think we’d at least have a couple of Mr. Magoos claiming

#9 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 10:45 PM

You know what I just saw it.

#10 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 10:20 AM

^You know it’s always the last place you look.

#11 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 10:31 AM

Wait that was just one of my tentacles. Sorry.

#12 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 11:08 AM

...or are you just happy to see me?

#13 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 12:25 PM

...or are you just happy to see me?

Because I have large long tentacles. Real mature Rob  :whyme:

#14 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 12:43 PM

Just repeating what I heard at the sand bar.

#15 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 04:42 PM

How many tickles does it take to make an octopus laugh?

#16 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 04:45 PM

^ Tentacles.
  • Mike K. and North Shore like this

#17 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,294 posts

Posted 19 January 2021 - 11:43 AM

VIDEO: Seal attacked by unseen predator in waters off Victoria waterfront

Victoria woman captures harrowing footage of what appears to be a seal’s final moments

A peaceful sunset stroll turned into a savage display of marine predation for a Victoria woman Monday night.

Steffani Cameron was on an evening walk along Dallas Road when something in the water caught her eye near Fonyo Beach. Standing just below Paddon Avenue, she began to film the scene unfolding in front of her.

A pinniped – it’s unclear if the footage is of a sea lion or harbour seal – appears to be battling with something beneath the surface. In an especially brutal moment, a spray of what looks like blood shoots up from the water.

https://www.vicnews....ff-dallas-road/

in that area the only known predators are:

• whales
  • cadborosaurus
  • mr. floatie

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 19 January 2021 - 11:46 AM.

#18 aastra

aastra
  • 20,649 posts

Posted 19 January 2021 - 01:30 PM

in that area the only known predators are:

whales
    cadborosaurus
    mr. floatie

Plus other sea lions and potentially any of the following sharks. However, since we don't see anything in the video to suggest the presence of another large sea lion, shark or killer whale (no fins, no tails, no spouting, no orchestral accompaniment), I'm inclined to agree with what Tina Kelly said. If the video does indeed show a predator pursuing prey then methinks the seal or sea lion is the one playing the predator (in other words, standard procedure). I would also be inclined to fully agree that the spray's pinkishness is just an effect of the setting sun.

bc-sharks.jpg

WEB-pacificnorthwest-sharks-1020x2445.jp

#19 aastra

aastra
  • 20,649 posts

Posted 19 January 2021 - 01:37 PM

We've talked about sharks before on this board (I'm starting to realize there are a fair number of topics that we've talked about before on this board):

DISTRIBUTION:
Great white sharks live in almost all coastal and offshore waters of the world. It was once thought that white sharks were only found in warmer waters with temperatures between 54 and 75 °F (12 and 24 °C), but observations of white sharks in Alaska waters with temperatures  approaching freezing indicates they can use sub-arctic and arctic waters too.

MOVEMENTS AND MIGRATION:
Satellite tags attached to great white shark dorsal fins have revealed that they are highly migratory, just like salmon sharks, and migrate between Baja California and Hawaii, between Australia and South Africa and between South Africa and the Indian Ocean.  The migration swimming speeds appear to be steady and the distance covered annually can exceed 12,000 miles (20,000 km). When the Baja-Hawaii white sharks arrive in the Hawaiian Islands their swimming behavior changes to shallower excursions, but the reasons for these migrations and differing behaviors remain a mystery. White sharks were noted using Alaska waters in the 1970s, but as more observations have been compiled they appear to use Alaska waters year round. It is not known how far north in the Bering Sea white sharks travel, but their travels are likely limited only by food availability; if they secure enough food they likely can use even Alaska’s coldest marine waters.

HABITAT:
Great white sharks can be found patrolling nearshore waters as they search for prey and they appear to be regular visitors to the waters of Southeast Alaska, off Yakutat, in Prince William Sound and they have been seen several times in Cook Inlet, along the Alaska Peninsula and in the Aleutian Islands. They likely also use offshore waters much like salmon sharks where they find concentrations of prey.

from http://environmental...ite-sharks.html

#20 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 19 January 2021 - 01:50 PM

However, since we don't see anything in the video to suggest the presence of another large sea lion, shark or killer whale (no fins, no tails, no spouting, no orchestral accompaniment)

That's funny.

[NOTE: The above quote has been edited for brevity. Nothing altering the original intent of the quote has been deleted and no implication of improper editing should be inferred.]

• Nparker and Victoria Watcher like this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users