Photo

Nowhere * a Restaurant | #G4 1001 DOUGLAS ST

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 laconic

laconic
  • 741 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 11:20 AM

I've searched the forums and am surprised this isn't on the list, but now the secret is out. They've made the long list for Air Canada's 2019 Top New Restaurants.

https://enroute.airc...restaurants/en/

Nowhere is from the Hanks crew.

We stopped in the for the tasting menu. It one of those small unexpected places that consistently exceeds expectations for taste, presentation, local food and creativity.

http://nowherearestaurant.com/

#2 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 11:23 AM

I can't seem to get anyone to dine with me at this place. Perhaps I shouldn't tell them I want to dine Nowhere.  :rolleyes:

#3 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 11:39 AM

I walk by this place often and have never seen anyone inside. I had no idea it was so highly touted. Definitely will give it a try!

#4 Wayne

Wayne
  • 765 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 11:49 AM

It does look good. Will give it a try.

#5 laconic

laconic
  • 741 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 10:34 AM

It made the short list as a winner at #5.

https://enroute.airc...re-a-restaurant

#6 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,878 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 11:42 AM

Pluvio in Ukee made #4. Makes a reso that much more difficult.

Matt.

#7 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 12:12 PM

Been there. It’s all it’s cracked up to be.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#8 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,878 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 12:43 PM

I’m sure I’ll be out that way this winter at some point. Will stop in if they are open. The previous spot, Norwoods, sure was good!

Matt.

#9 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 10:15 AM

Yelp:

I tried to eat here twice.  I usually have no problem dining within 30 min anyplace as a solo diner when I travel in YYJ/SEA/PDX/YVR.  At least at the bar.  I've never been so off put by a host in my life. The first time: "we're full, come back tomorrow".   So I came back at opening the next day...doors are open, online says they're open. Host: "We're just printing the menus, so yeahhh".  Me: "so yeah what? Are you saying you're not open?" Host: *WALKS AWAY*.  Never experienced anything like it.  Also, there is a pencil sketch of Anthony Kiedis' penis at eye level as soon as you walk in the door.

That is actually IGGY POP, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

#10 Szeven

Szeven
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:45 AM

Has anyone eaten here yet? Had 2 friends tell me they had to change and shower after going here due to extreme cooking smells in the restaurant.

#11 jasmineshinga

jasmineshinga
  • 332 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 11:05 AM

It is a small space with an open kitchen, they cook a lot of meat, they serve a lot of booze. You will smell of the space after visiting.

• Rob Randall likes this

~ Jasmine ~

#12 goke

goke
  • 123 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 01:12 PM

Has anyone eaten here yet? Had 2 friends tell me they had to change and shower after going here due to extreme cooking smells in the restaurant.

This is true. Last Dec. we ate at the bar and it was quite smoky. If you're going to an event after this place then bring a fresh shirt. The meal was good though and I've tried to get in again with no reso and was turned away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users