Oak Bay online development tracker

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,878 posts

Posted 31 January 2021 - 12:53 PM

Oak Bay is on track to add a development tracker showing current development applications online, in line with most municipalities in the region.

The cost for Oak Bay is about $16,500 in the 2021 budget. The tracker wouldn’t show up until after the spring approval of the financial plan.

https://www.vicnews....ker-to-website/

Oak Bay’s development tracker could look a lot like the City of Victoria’s, as they use the same software, Murdoch said.

The Township of Esquimalt, population of 17,000 to Oak Bay’s 18,000, launched a development tracker in 2018.

Saanich has had a simpler application on its website that also shows the current status of development applications and includes copies of site plans and council reports, when available.

View Royal also has a list of current development applications on its website.

reached for comment, langford mayor young said "in my 48 years on council i've never heard anyone ask for it".   j/k.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 31 January 2021 - 12:57 PM.

• todd likes this

#2 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,691 posts

Posted 31 January 2021 - 02:11 PM

...reached for comment, langford mayor young said "in my 48 years on council i've never heard anyone ask for it".   j/k.

I know this is a joke because Stew Young has been mayor of Langford for at least 75 years.

• Mike K. and Victoria Watcher like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users