Alternative news, history and theories.

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#1 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,225 posts

Posted 19 April 2022 - 07:09 PM

Discussing the alternative news, history, predictions, conspiracies etc. Ridicule it, debunk it, prove it, Whatever. I also want a place to rant about the alternative media because it is also heresy to do that in the online circles that gather around these flames... 

#2 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 19 April 2022 - 07:15 PM

Alex Jones’s InfoWars Files for Bankruptcy Amid Sandy Hook Lawsuits
Numerous defamation suits have found the conspiracy theorist liable for claiming the shooting was a hoax.

https://www.motherjo...-hook-lawsuits/

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#3 Benezet

Benezet
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 19 April 2022 - 07:29 PM

Quote:

And yet Mr. Levant, by his own admission, is not a journalist. “I’m a commentator, I’m a pundit,” he explained to the judge. “I don’t think in my entire life I’ve ever called myself a reporter.”

https://nationalpost...rical-testimony

#4 Benezet

Benezet
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 19 April 2022 - 11:28 PM

Quote:

This is a genuine screenshot from Fox News. The area marked “Canada” in the above-displayed map is actually the Upper Peninsula of the state of Michigan.

https://www.snopes.c...gan-canada-map/

#5 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 20 April 2022 - 06:09 AM

I’ll raise you Fox’s mislabelling of the UP with CNBC’s mislabelling of the United States.

As news about the spread of the coronavirus gets more serious, a health-related map posted by CNBC offered a moment of absurdity Thursday. The map mislabeled almost every single state, eliciting a sort of Wait, what? double-take response from news consumers.

Axios chief financial correspondent Felix Salmon called it “the most glorious chart of all time.” See it for yourself via the Sun’s Chris Spargo, who posted a clear screengrab, here:

https://ca.sports.ya...-200626217.html

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#6 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,225 posts

Posted 20 April 2022 - 09:06 AM

Quote:

And yet Mr. Levant, by his own admission, is not a journalist. “I’m a commentator, I’m a pundit,” he explained to the judge. “I don’t think in my entire life I’ve ever called myself a reporter.”

https://nationalpost...rical-testimony

None of the talking heads are. 

#7 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,225 posts

Posted 20 April 2022 - 09:06 AM

Do you want to know the Alex Jones theory? 

#8 Spy Black

Spy Black
  • Banned
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 20 April 2022 - 09:30 AM

Do you want to know the Alex Jones theory? 

Are you trying to sell  it to us, or are you proposing to "let us know" what it is?

It's a bit weird (although not surprising) that you're here offering it up, regardless of your answer to the above question.

#9 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,225 posts

Posted 20 April 2022 - 09:42 AM

Are you trying to sell  it to us, or are you proposing to "let us know" what it is?

It's a bit weird (although not surprising) that you're here offering it up, regardless of your answer to the above question.

I make no claims. But it's pretty good. Probably one of my favourites. I'm not selling anything as it doesn't really matter to me. No one is forcing me to believe Alex Jones and display a symbol of loyalty to get into public places so you can chill. Or not, full rage might be expected over here.  :badpc:

The theory: Alex Jones was created by Ted Turner, Is actually Bill Hicks, and is still owned by Time Warner.  

#10 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 20 April 2022 - 10:40 AM

So a stooge for Turner? Does this have legs going back decades or is it something recently concocted?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#11 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,225 posts

Posted 20 April 2022 - 10:52 AM

So a stooge for Turner? Does this have legs going back decades or is it something recently concocted?

Not sure how far back it goes but it's been around a while. I first learned about it 2019 when I started looking at this genre of entertainment and it seemed very flushed out then. 

#12 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 20 April 2022 - 11:26 AM

He’s been around since the 90s. Unless someone can tie him in with Big Corporate then, then it’s just fun and games.

Know it all.

#13 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,225 posts

Posted 20 April 2022 - 11:34 AM

He’s been around since the 90s. Unless someone can tie him in with Big Corporate then, then it’s just fun and games.

Do your own research  :banana:

• Mike K. and todd like this

#14 Spy Black

Spy Black
  • Banned
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 21 April 2022 - 05:22 AM

The Hicks theory has been debunked hundreds (if not thousands) of times.

It comes down to the simple statement that Hicks very publicly died of cancer ... end of story.

Worth noting though, is that if you're impressionable enough, and if you try hard enough to find outrageous things to believe in ... you can pretty much type out on your keyboard, or say out loud anything you want and declare it to be true ... even though it's an outrageous lie either of your own creation, or that you're repeating sans anything remotely evidential in nature.

Happens all the time.

#15 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,225 posts

Posted 21 April 2022 - 07:31 AM

The Hicks theory has been debunked hundreds (if not thousands) of times.

It comes down to the simple statement that Hicks very publicly died of cancer ... end of story.

Worth noting though, is that if you're impressionable enough, and if you try hard enough to find outrageous things to believe in ... you can pretty much type out on your keyboard, or say out loud anything you want and declare it to be true ... even though it's an outrageous lie either of your own creation, or that you're repeating sans anything remotely evidential in nature.

Happens all the time.

In all media streams yes. A well crafted narrative can convince many. 

#16 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,225 posts

Posted 21 April 2022 - 07:33 AM

The reason I like this story is because it reminds me of the princess bride "inconceivable" routine. The most famous conspiracy guy in the world is also a conspiracy. haha. 

#17 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 21 April 2022 - 10:18 AM

My favourite awful conspiracy theory is the new “documentary” called Watch The Water. A chiropractor is claiming that covid (and the vaccines, and remdesivir) is actually snake venom. The elites have been poisoning the municipal water supplies of every jurisdiction in the world with synthetic king cobra venom because….? I never got that far in the video.
Anyway, it’s a doozy. One of the worst and most unbelievable conspiracies I’ve come across.
  • dasmo likes this

#18 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,225 posts

Posted 21 April 2022 - 11:23 AM

Another manufactured narrative for a different market…

#19 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 06 July 2022 - 07:52 PM

The Georgia Guidestones have been demolished.

Know it all.

#20 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 07 July 2022 - 03:40 PM

Or struck by lighting, as the conspiracy theory is unfolding..

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users