• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,285 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 25 January 2023 - 02:02 PM

This project is larger than Point No Point and Fossil Bay Resort, combined.

Resort-with-cabins,-RV-sites-and-campsites-planned-near-Sandcut-Beach-west-of-Sooke.jpg

Resort with cabins, RV pads and campsites planned near Sandcut Beach west of Sooke

https://victoria.cit...-west-of-sooke/

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,870 posts

Posted 25 January 2023 - 03:08 PM

oooohhhhhhhh baby

#3 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,328 posts

Posted 25 January 2023 - 03:58 PM

WHO is the proponent?

#4 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 26 January 2023 - 01:41 PM

This project is larger than Point No Point and Fossil Bay Resort, combined.

And your point is?

Methinks Point No Point would have been a great location for VV headquarters.

#5 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,407 posts

Posted 26 January 2023 - 02:50 PM

...Methinks Point No Point would have been a great location for VV headquarters.

The name certainly makes sense.

• Matt R. likes this

#6 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,870 posts

Posted 03 February 2023 - 12:42 PM

From the developer, John Beaumier, this morning.

Hello friends, I need your help !!

This is the development I have been working on for the past four years and we are going to our second meeting at the CRD’s land use committee on February 7th. Our plan is to build a low impact eco resort where people can come together and enjoy the beauty of the west coast. My amazing small crew and I have been clearing land for camping, trimming, spacing trees and cutting trails in the hopes of opening a wilderness campground this summer. Operating a campsite has been a dream of mine ever since setting foot on Mussel beach in Ucluelet two decades ago and I could use your help.

It is well known that the area between Sooke and Port Renfrew has needed more campsites as every year they book up within hours of becoming available and we hope to be able to fill that void.

Our plans include a campsite with affordable small A frame cabins, a small shop for camping supplies, showers and a bandshell. The zoning we are going for allows assembly use which means we would be able to host a couple of small events each summer which we feel could help breathe some life back into the local arts and music scene stricken by the pandemic.

This legacy project is going to create decades of meaningful work for many as hosts, guides and stewards of this incredible piece of our Island. Our plans also includes a few units of staff housing as the region is facing a housing crisis and we feel it is important to take care of our people. A small convenience store onsite will help alleviate traffic as guests will not need to drive back to town every time they need supplies. Already having dedicated years of my life and nearly all of my savings into it making this project a reality, I am 100% dedicated to making this property into an incredible asset to the community.

In the past if you ever enjoyed a night at the Whitebird lounge, if you have ever had a special moment at one of my shows, or if you would just like to see more camping and fewer clear cuts in the area please take the time to write to the CRD expressing your support for this development.

You can write to the CRD at jdfinfo@crd.bc.ca and please include your full name and address and reference RZ000280 or 11237 Westcoast road.

If you have any questions, concerns, comments or would like a site tour, I would love to hear from you. You can contact me at John@sandcut.ca

Thank you for your time and hopefully your continued support.
  • Victoria Watcher likes this

#7 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,328 posts

Posted 03 February 2023 - 12:48 PM

John Beaumier on Linkedin.

Whitebird Music Fashion Lounge is located in Victoria, British Columbia. Whitebird Music Fashion Lounge is working in Music or video stores, Restaurants activities. You can contact the company at (250) 380-7040. You can find more information about Whitebird Music Fashion Lounge at www.whitebirdlifestyle.com. You can contact the company by email at whitebirdrecords@gmail.com. John Beaumier is associated with the company.

https://www.cybo.com...-fashion-lounge

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 03 February 2023 - 12:50 PM.

• Matt R. likes this

#8 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 03 February 2023 - 01:42 PM

Looking at that aerial photo of the south island, I see a whole lotta land that should be developed for housing, cities, roads, towns. It's insane that a building lot costs >$500k when we are surrounded by bare land all over the south island. 

The fact that a developer has a problem even getting a low impact 'eco camping' development approved is a massive red flag. We are importing a million immigrants/year to this country. Where will they live? 

Time to take back the forestry leases and develop some of this space for people to live in. Humans are not a curse on the planet - the eco fascists are a curse on humans. 

• Nparker, Matt R., Victoria Watcher and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users