• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 57,178 posts

Posted 10 July 2024 - 03:46 AM

Victoria's Pagliacci's hosting block party for 1st time in 30 years

The iconic eatery celebrates 45 years of food and music with a party, emceed by Terry David Mulligan and with musical performances

When Pagliacci's celebrates its 45th birthday on Aug. 24, the party will match the occasion.

For the first time in 30 years, the beloved locally-owned Italian restaurant will bring back the block party, a free outdoor street concert in front of its location on Broad Street.

It's fitting for a place where live music, performed Sundays through Thursdays, has been so integral to the atmosphere.

Running from 4-10 p.m., the party will feature live performances from many artists who have been part of Pagliacci's live music culture, in some cases for decades. The Bills (headlining), The Marc Atkinson Trio, Yiddish Columbia State Orchestra, Capital City Syncopators, Gene Hardy & Miles Black, The Sidewalk Blues Band and more will fill the streets with live music.

"I grew up basically in the restaurant and I started taking music lessons with Mark Atkinson from the Mark Atkinson Trio and the Bills when I was like 13 years old," Siegel said. 

The restaurant has seen other big names play over the years, including Etta James, Dexter Gordon and Dr. John.

Terry David Mulligan, a Canadian actor and radio and television personality based in Vancouver, will be emceeing.

https://www.vicnews....0-years-7434302

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 10 July 2024 - 03:46 AM.

#2 Nparker

Nparker
  • 42,675 posts

Posted 10 July 2024 - 06:25 AM

I wonder if the Hamas sponsored "protesters" will attempt to interrupt this event?
  • Hotel Mike and Victoria Watcher like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users