• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,338 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 03 September 2024 - 02:18 PM

Thank you to Ryan Cook (see website) for helping put together this month's real-estate market update for August.

Marko is entering semi-retirement after a long and highly successful career in real-estate, and with that, Marko's real-estate activities in Victoria will be winding down over the next while.

Ryan Cook, of RE/MAX Camosun, was formerly involved with marketing efforts of high-end and high-profile condominium and new home pre-sales both here on the Island and in Metro Vancouver. Ryan's long history with the real-estate market, and transition to the realtor side of the equation, will help us deliver informative market stats to our readers.

Please join me in welcoming Ryan to the VV and Citified family, and wishing Marko much success in his new venture in Europe and semi-retirement from real-estate here in Victoria.

To get things started, Ryan and I had a chat about August's market activity. It was a stable month, with nothing extraordinary, but we do have an interest rate announcement tomorrow, and there are still some factors in play locally that could be in flux pending tomorrow's rate announcement (i.e. what's happening with studio and one-bedroom condos). And there is a magic number for single-family-home listing prices that has shown to drum up interest, particularly is a listing isn't resulting in as much activity as it should be.

August delivered stable end to summer as Victoria's real-estate market awaits interest rate decision

https://victoria.cit...-rate-decision/

• Nparker likes this
Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,798 posts

Posted 03 September 2024 - 02:43 PM

Welcome Ryan...  Hope you have a Tesla too ;)

• Mike K. likes this

#3 Szeven

Szeven
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 04 September 2024 - 06:05 AM

Congrats Marko! 

• Nparker likes this

#4 Ryan Cook

Ryan Cook
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 September 2024 - 11:01 AM

Hello Everyone! 

Thank you for the warm welcome. Big shoes to fill here. Thanks Marko for all your contributions over the years. 

As Mike mentioned, I have been working in Real Estate for 10 years originally in Development followed by a number of years in Presale Project Marketing. I worked on Projects such as Dockside Green and Customs House. During this time, I was the Victoria Market Analyst where I produced monthly reporting on the Presale & Resale Market for Developer Clients. 

Now working full time as a Realtor, I’m really excited to help people learn more about the Victoria Market.  

Feel free to reach out to me anytime through Ask a Realtor or by:

Phone: 250-886-9398

Email: ryan@ryancookrealestate.ca 

I’m looking forward to discussing all things Victoria Real Estate with you! 

Ryan

• Nparker and lanforod like this

#5 Nparker

Nparker
  • 42,766 posts

Posted 09 September 2024 - 08:12 AM

Welcome to VV Ryan. Fasten your seatbelt, you're in for a wild ride!  :banana:

• Ryan Cook likes this

#6 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 86,259 posts

Posted 09 September 2024 - 08:14 AM

Yeah, right on.

Not a lot of realtors have the industry experience that Ryan brings to the table. We can actually sit down and talk shop!

The real-estate landscape is changing. There are so many things to consider now, that weren't an issue even five years ago. So many social and political changes are afoot, and making the right decision for you, and/or your family can take more insight into the market than just real-estate metrics on their own.

• Ryan Cook likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#7 LJ

LJ
  • 13,261 posts

Posted 09 September 2024 - 09:55 AM

@Ryan - use a smaller font when posting.

• Ryan Cook likes this
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users