17 replies to this topic

#1 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 86,258 posts

Posted 09 September 2024 - 09:17 AM

AMA-draft.jpg

🔹AMA "Ask Me Anything" with Victoria councillor Jeremy Caradonna this Friday🔹
Do you have questions about municipal politics, Victoria's social issues, the downtown business climate and efforts the City is taking to deal with homelessness, housing, transportation and other pursuits?

Victoria councillor Jeremy Caradonna will be participating in a live AMA, an "Ask Me Anything," on VibrantVictoria this Friday between 7PM and 9PM (Sept. 13th) on Facebook.

🔹How to participate🔹
If you have a question for Councillor Caradonna, please direct message us with the first sentence identifying the AMA, such as "Friday AMA" or "Councillor Caradonna AMA."

We will collate early questions ahead of time. Live questions can be submitted to us this Friday, 7PM to 9PM. Please note, that some questions may be combined with similar questions to ensure as many questions can be addressed as possible.

Rude and inappropriate communications will not be entertained.

• Ismo07 and Victoria Watcher like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 57,345 posts

Posted 09 September 2024 - 09:18 AM

Cool.

#3 Nparker

Nparker
  • 42,766 posts

Posted 09 September 2024 - 09:22 AM

I can't imagine being able to avoid being rude or "inappropriate" insofar as Mr. Caradonna is concerned, so unfortunately I will not be participating.

Mod edit: typo fixed. Thank you.

#4 Harry

Harry
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 September 2024 - 12:21 PM

Basically it will most likely be heavily modded so they only get the questions that put him in a good light. on one hand i think its a good thing that hes trying it but I dont see this as much more than a "look how great I am" situation. 

• Nparker likes this

#5 lanforod

lanforod
  • 12,044 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 09 September 2024 - 12:41 PM

Basically it will most likely be heavily modded so they only get the questions that put him in a good light. on one hand i think its a good thing that hes trying it but I dont see this as much more than a "look how great I am" situation. 

It's being hosted by VV, which are not likely to be Caradonna fans. I expect the questions to be fair enough and hopefully not partisan (no reason for partisan questions in municipal politics anyway, unless the question is "why doesn't the CoV council stay in their own lane for items that are completely out of their control and jurisdiction"? 

Edited by lanforod, 09 September 2024 - 12:44 PM.

#6 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 57,345 posts

Posted 09 September 2024 - 12:43 PM

I submitted a question!

I like this idea.

Cheers to everyone making this happen.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 09 September 2024 - 12:44 PM.

• Nparker and Ismo07 like this

#7 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 86,258 posts

Posted 09 September 2024 - 02:20 PM

Whatever is sent in we’ll put down on the list, but there is zero tolerance for being a dork.

Don’t be a dork.
  • Victoria Watcher likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#8 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 86,258 posts

Posted 11 September 2024 - 06:01 PM

We’ve got some great questions already.

This is your chance to forward a question. Don’t pass this opportunity up.

Know it all.

#9 FogPub

FogPub
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 12 September 2024 - 06:51 PM

I don't do Wastebook and thus it won't let me message you.  Can I post my question here?

#10 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 86,258 posts

Posted 12 September 2024 - 06:52 PM

Yup. Totally.

Know it all.

#11 FogPub

FogPub
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 12 September 2024 - 07:15 PM

Sorry - got on a roll here. :)

Questions for Friday's AMA (feel free to reword if needed):

1. Given the number of less-mobile seniors, retirees, and less-abled living in or moving to the city; and given that our local transit system simply isn't good enough in terms of frequency, hours of operation, and destinations to allow these and other people to truly live a car-free lifestyle; and given the rampant bicycle theft problem in the CoV which acts as a huge discouragement to cycling:

Will you consider reversing your previous stance and start pushing for adequate vehicle parking in new developments, that being at least one stall per unit?

2. Given that the last ten-plus years have seen ever-decreasing efficiency on our roads, what are your ideas for best provision of fast and efficient vehicle access through downtown to and from James Bay, Oak Bay, Esquimalt, the west shore, and the peninsula?

3. Victoria spent over $100 million on a new Johnson St bridge, specifically designed such that pedestrians, cyclists, and vehicles each have their own dedicated crossing.  Given that, can you explain why pedestrians are allowed on the cycle crossing and why cyclists are allowed on the vehicle bridge?

#12 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 86,258 posts

Posted 12 September 2024 - 07:36 PM

Got it, thank you. Depending on time, we’ll try to get to more than one question per person.
  • FogPub and Victoria Watcher like this

Know it all.

#13 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 86,258 posts

Posted 13 September 2024 - 06:02 PM

ask-me-anything-live.jpg

https://facebook.com/vibrantvictoria

Know it all.

#14 Nparker

Nparker
  • 42,766 posts

Posted 13 September 2024 - 06:05 PM

I am on VV's Facebook page "LIVE" now, and I am not seeing anything.

#15 Nparker

Nparker
  • 42,766 posts

Posted 13 September 2024 - 06:07 PM

https://www.facebook...ria/live_videos

#16 Nparker

Nparker
  • 42,766 posts

Posted 13 September 2024 - 06:15 PM

My bad. I thought this was going to be a live video/audio presentation.

• DavidSchell likes this

#17 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 86,258 posts

Posted 14 September 2024 - 07:06 AM

A lot of questions were answered in a limited amount of time. It was a really good effort. Definitely some key insights there, especially the point about Victoria nearing a situation where it will declare itself “full,” as the councillor put it, on the housing file.

Know it all.

#18 mbjj

mbjj
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 14 September 2024 - 02:22 PM

I hope you got an answer to the decreased efficiency on roads. On Thursday my husband was trying to wend his way back to Fairfield from the Quadra/Finlayson area and almost had to drive to Esquimalt. So many roads were closed for varying reasons. 

• Nparker likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users