• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 58,082 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:21 AM

Town centre planned for area around new Cowichan hospital

Development of the area around Bell McKinnon Road south of Herd Road, currently largely rural, would boost the number of homes in the municipality by more than 40 per cent

About 6,000 new housing units are expected to be built as part of a phased plan, under proposed updates to the district’s area plan. In the 2021 census, the district had just over 13,700 dwellings.

About 150 independently owned parcels of land are located within the Bell McKinnon area proposed for development, so planning requires more co-ordination than a master-planned community where land is held by one owner, staff said in a report to council.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, Yesterday, 08:21 AM.

#2 mbjj

mbjj
  • 2,427 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:52 PM

We always went for country drives on Bell McKinnon Road. There was one spot that had a big dip so my mum would purposely speed up and give us a roller coast ride. My parents' best friends owned the old Chevron at the corner of Herd Road and the highway. I think when he gave it up to the Min. of Transport around 1980 he got about $100 000 for the property, a lot in those days. 

#3 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 58,082 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:00 PM

There was one spot that had a big dip so my mum would purposely speed up and give us a roller coast ride. 

We used to do this near Camosun Interurban?  Hector Road maybe?   Big jump opportunity.  Sparky?

#4 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,458 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:32 PM

^ You might be thinking about the big dipper at Viaduct and Interurban a bit north of Hector. Quite the ride if you get going fast enough.

There was also a nifty one that I think has been leveled out now on Beaver Lake road between the lake and West Saanich. More of a quick unsuspecting lift off if you were headed towards West Saanich. 

We broke a 4 door hardtop on that one once when we had all the doors open during the launch phase.

The doors never closed properly after that.

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#5 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,955 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:59 PM

All the doors open?

#6 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 58,082 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:09 PM

^ You might be thinking about the big dipper at Viaduct and Interurban a bit north of Hector. Quite the ride if you get going fast enough.

That's it!  

screenshot-www_google_com-2024_10_15-22_07_15.png

i can assure you, we took this bump at several times that warning speed limit sign.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, Yesterday, 06:09 PM.

#7 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,458 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:53 PM

All the doors open?

We heard a rumour that a procedure such as this with a four door hardtop might bend the frame…..it did.

#8 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,955 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:20 PM

Good to know!

#9 LJ

LJ
  • 13,334 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:24 PM

We heard a rumour that a procedure such as this with a four door hardtop might bend the frame…..it did.

I'm just assuming it wasn't your car.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#10 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,458 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:42 PM

^ Long story. 🤪

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users