• Please log in to reply
7625 replies to this topic

#6061 LJ

LJ
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 15 July 2022 - 07:34 PM

And if you don't do the test?

They give you a nice big fine.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#6062 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,691 posts

Posted 15 July 2022 - 07:35 PM

What if they don't have your correct email address or any email at all?

#6063 LJ

LJ
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 15 July 2022 - 07:37 PM

What if it's a 747 on floats with one engine out.

#6064 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,691 posts

Posted 15 July 2022 - 07:50 PM

Not sure what that means. I only know that it's easy to accidentally mess up an email address.

#6065 LJ

LJ
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 15 July 2022 - 07:57 PM

You used arrivecan, they know your phone number, your email, your address and probably a lot more.

They will find you :whyme:

• Matt R. likes this

#6066 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,017 posts

Posted 15 July 2022 - 09:08 PM

What if they don't have your correct email address or any email at all?

How do you book a flight without an email address?

#6067 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,691 posts

Posted 15 July 2022 - 10:06 PM

I need to use ArriveCan when I fly from Victoria to Vancouver now?

#6068 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,691 posts

Posted 15 July 2022 - 10:17 PM

There is nothing about the implementation nor the continued use of the ArriveCan app that I trust.

#6069 vortoozo

vortoozo
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 16 July 2022 - 02:51 AM

I need to use ArriveCan when I fly from Victoria to Vancouver now?

No, and you wouldn't be tested for a domestic arrival. Random testing has been for international arrivals since it was implemented.

#6070 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,871 posts

Posted 16 July 2022 - 08:02 AM

Seventy per cent of Canadians agree the widespread delays at airports across the country are a “national embarrassment,” a new poll suggests, with nearly 60 per cent of people saying they are avoiding travel until the situation improves.

But the Ipsos poll, conducted exclusively for Global News and released Friday, found Canadians believe there’s plenty of blame to go around for the delays between airports, airlines, the federal government and even travellers themselves.

https://globalnews.c...rt-delays-poll/

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 16 July 2022 - 08:03 AM.

#6071 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 16 July 2022 - 08:32 AM

We might be seeing peak government here.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#6072 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 16 July 2022 - 08:33 AM

And what I mean by that, is we may have reached a point now where privatization has to occur, just to keep the system moving.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#6073 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,691 posts

Posted 16 July 2022 - 08:43 AM

There is nothing about the implementation nor the continued use of the ArriveCan app that I trust.

We might be seeing peak government here.

https://www.stcathar...-scrapped.html 

https://globalnews.c...p-here-to-stay/

https://nationalpost...-smartphone-app

#6074 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 16 July 2022 - 09:27 AM

I’d like to see the science behind this evidence-based decision to resume mandatory testing.

Cuz it sure looks like government is just maintaining control for the sake of maintaining control
  • Nparker and Victoria Watcher like this

#6075 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,871 posts

Posted 16 July 2022 - 09:34 AM

How soon will we be traveling in air taxis? How can they be safely integrated into existing airspace? What are the challenges around infrastructure?  

https://www.aerotime...arnborough-2022

These are set to be some of the issues debated at the Farnborough Airshow this year, while some manufacturers will show off their new aircraft over what is expected to be a swelteringly hot few days in the United Kingdom. AeroTime takes a look at what we can expect from the airshow in this area and the recent European proposals on operating air taxis in cities. 

screenshot-www.aerotime.aero-2022.07.16-13_34_10.png

There are many companies working on advanced air mobility (AAM), popularly dubbed flying taxis. More formally, AAM refers to an air transport system with new aircraft designs that aims to move people and cargo between places, particularly in city environments. 

Much of the focus is on electrical vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft, which promises not only a new form of transport but a more sustainable way of flying. Companies involved in developing eVTOLs include Joby Aviation, Archer, Velocopter, Lilium, Vertical Aerospace, Eve, Wisk and Supernal.  

Among the recent big developments in the industry was the publication on June 30, 2022 by the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) of the world’s first rules for the operation of air taxis in cities.  

The proposed regulatory framework, which is open for consultation until September 30, 2022, covers airworthiness, air operations, flight crew licensing and rules of the air.  

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 16 July 2022 - 09:36 AM.

#6076 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,691 posts

Posted 16 July 2022 - 09:43 AM

How soon will we be traveling in air taxis...

Not a second before government figures out the best way to tax and overregulate this emerging technology.

#6077 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,871 posts

Posted 16 July 2022 - 09:46 AM

Not a second before government figures out the best way to tax and overregulate this emerging technology.

It seems to me the best use of this technology might first be yes, urban taxis.  But then also islands that are no too far apart from each other or the mainland.  So here, Hong Kong, Hawaii etc.  Catalina Island.  Florida Keys.

Maybe tourism runs to high altitudes (mountains).

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 16 July 2022 - 09:47 AM.

#6078 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,691 posts

Posted 16 July 2022 - 09:46 AM

I’d like to see the science behind this evidence-based decision to resume mandatory testing...

And why limit the "random" testing to just a few airports? Why not work places? schools? grocery stores? buses? Perhaps science begins and ends with the control of international border travel.

#6079 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,017 posts

Posted 16 July 2022 - 10:03 AM

Haven’t really been following, but what’s the issue here, short staffed due to illness or people who left the airline sector not returning to work?

#6080 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,691 posts

Posted 16 July 2022 - 10:06 AM

And a massive surge of people who were not allowed to travel for 2 years.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)