Victoria International Airport (YYJ)

• Please log in to reply
7636 replies to this topic

#6621 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,014 posts

Posted 17 March 2023 - 10:16 AM

If I was guessing, I'd say Wicca Wicca.  Or Foxy Moron.

screenshot-www.instagram.com-2023.03.17-14_15_47.png

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 17 March 2023 - 10:17 AM.

#6622 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,550 posts

Posted 17 March 2023 - 11:10 AM

Not Dirty Mitts Mama?
  • Matt R. likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#6623 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,014 posts

Posted 17 March 2023 - 11:30 AM

Not Dirty Mitts Mama?

Too on-the-nose.

• Nparker likes this

#6624 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,550 posts

Posted 17 March 2023 - 11:30 AM

What does that mean?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#6625 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,014 posts

Posted 17 March 2023 - 11:32 AM

What does that mean?

https://english.stac... as unrealistic.

In the acting/script/play/film world, "too on the nose" is a pretty common phrase which means lacking in sub-text, too obvious, having neither subtlety nor sophistication. In life, people can't usually say what they mean for one reason or another; when they do in film or theater it comes across as unrealistic.

#6626 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,550 posts

Posted 17 March 2023 - 11:46 AM

Ok.

Proof Read Dread, then? 🤷‍♀️

We’re dealing with an avalanche of hipster name-generated band names here. Give a guy a break.
  • Victoria Watcher likes this

Know it all.

#6627 Missed Approach

Missed Approach
  • 609 posts

Posted 17 March 2023 - 02:54 PM

Lynx shifting East ward this summer. Only adding 3 aircraft in 2023, unsure is just leased or not. 

https://www.aerorout...g/230317-y9ns23

#6628 LJ

LJ
  • 12,741 posts

Posted 17 March 2023 - 07:32 PM

Lynx shifting East ward 

I thought that was the name of another performer.

• Matt R. likes this
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#6629 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,035 posts

Posted 17 March 2023 - 07:49 PM

Yes, all true. I used to go yearly to that area for the hot springs, etc. I haven't been back in a few years (who hasn't given up their regular travel over the last couple of years?)  :badpc:

My wife is from the east shore of the lake. Before this opportunity popped up we were looking to move out there. My favourite place.
  • Mike K. likes this

#6630 vortoozo

vortoozo
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 18 March 2023 - 02:54 AM

My cover is blown!  :banana:

• Mike K. and Victoria Watcher like this

#6631 vortoozo

vortoozo
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 20 March 2023 - 10:16 AM

I think that got shelved?, and it would be only on their 11 seat Cessna caravan which isn't adding much capacity at all and limited luggage wgt too.

Using Boeing field for connecting SEA pax is a hassle, even if customs maybe quick, a cab ride runs close to 40-50 USD for the 25-30 min cab ride depending on traffic. 

Maybe for the weekend get a ways, for local stays, but harbor to harbor for a weekend in Seattle, with many hotel and shopping deals 

I received confirmation today from Kenmore in a marketing email that plans are still underway for their YYJ to Seattle Boeing Field flight.

Coming soon, look for new Kenmore Air connections between Victoria and Everett’s Paine Field as well as Seattle’s Boeing Field. Stay tuned for the official announcement.

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#6632 Missed Approach

Missed Approach
  • 609 posts

Posted 20 March 2023 - 11:15 AM

I received confirmation today from Kenmore in a marketing email that plans are still underway for their YYJ to Seattle Boeing Field flight.

Interesting, I'd be very shocked if they end up using the main terminal. The costs associated with operating a trans border route for a cessna caravan wouldn't make sense. Most likely using the Shell aero center.

#6633 Missed Approach

Missed Approach
  • 609 posts

Posted 20 March 2023 - 11:24 AM

Kelowna must be doing something right, for this much glad handing and kissing.

Key word, YLW gets *year round......... YYJ gets *seasonal ..... and capacity reduction, 737 -> Q400's

https://www.kelownac...-added-flights/

#6634 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,550 posts

Posted 20 March 2023 - 12:27 PM

As in, via Victoria International to those Seattle airports?

Know it all.

#6635 vortoozo

vortoozo
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 20 March 2023 - 01:38 PM

As in, via Victoria International to those Seattle airports?

Yes, YYJ to BFI.

About the airport - King County

#6636 vortoozo

vortoozo
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 20 March 2023 - 01:44 PM

Kelowna must be doing something right, for this much glad handing and kissing.

Key word, YLW gets *year round......... YYJ gets *seasonal ..... and capacity reduction, 737 -> Q400's

https://www.kelownac...-added-flights/

I would say this has more to do with location than anything else.

YLW gets some feed from places further west (like YYJ).

But no one is going to connect through YYJ to get to SK or MB. It would be totally reliant on point-to-point traffic.

Kelowna also has ski demand in the winter, so from that perspective seeing it year round makes some sense as well.

#6637 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,550 posts

Posted 20 March 2023 - 03:03 PM

We can’t even get other airports to feed into flights to Hawaii, and we’re a natural stopover for such a service, so I don’t think it’s all geography.

We could also play a much greater role for the rest of the Island. Transiting through YVR is not exactly fun, I’d much rather hop on a Dash 8 and fly from Campbell River to YYJ, then on to Toronto.
  • Nparker likes this

Know it all.

#6638 vortoozo

vortoozo
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 20 March 2023 - 05:00 PM

We can’t even get other airports to feed into flights to Hawaii, and we’re a natural stopover for such a service, so I don’t think it’s all geography.

We could also play a much greater role for the rest of the Island. Transiting through YVR is not exactly fun, I’d much rather hop on a Dash 8 and fly from Campbell River to YYJ, then on to Toronto.

There needs to be enough point to point demand for a flight to be considered, it can't rely entirely on connecting traffic. No way would a Dash 8 from Campbell River to Victoria break even. There isn't even a Dash 8 from Campbell River to Vancouver.

#6639 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,550 posts

Posted 20 March 2023 - 07:06 PM

That’s true, but there are multiple Dash 8 flights to Vancouver from Comox, plus the smaller Coastal flights from Campbell River, and multiple flights from Nanaimo.

Know it all.

#6640 vortoozo

vortoozo
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 20 March 2023 - 09:58 PM

Sure, but those make sense considering how many destinations are accessible from Vancouver. And even then, it's only 3x daily Dash 8 flights from Comox. Diverting some of that traffic to YYJ wouldn't make sense given the connection options from here.

There's no need to duplicate the YVR hub in YYJ and spread out resources.

• FogPub likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users