[Langford] Reflections condo | 6-storeys | Built - completed in 2009

• Please log in to reply
396 replies to this topic

#361 concorde

concorde
  • Banned
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 03:19 PM

Maybe its time to move this job to the completed category?

#362 snub

snub

Reflecting

• 428 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 09:08 PM

Well, Deegrandmaster, time to buy some new swimmin' trunks. Your'pool' has arrived. Well, as we speak, it is in a wharehouse in Victoria, waiting to be delivered to the jobsite. Seems like 'jaylow' had some insider information, as it is indeed, from Endless Pools.

#363 Guest_Marcat_*

Guest_Marcat_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2009 - 08:57 AM

Gosh, I can't understand why I didn't buy a unit in Reflections with that amazing pool *rolls eyes* I could buy an inflatable pool and create a current in there for a fraction of the cost

#364 VicDuck

VicDuck

Banned

• Banned
  • 409 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 09:49 AM

Gosh, I can't understand why I didn't buy a unit in Reflections with that amazing pool *rolls eyes* I could buy an inflatable pool and create a current in there for a fraction of the cost

I hear ya.

#365 victorian fan

victorian fan
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 11:09 AM

#366 aastra

aastra
  • 16,318 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 11:57 AM

picture from www.endlesspools.com

#367 snub

snub

Reflecting

• 428 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 09:52 PM

The website's archived, and I found this on it from December 26, 2007:

Your quote didn't show up on my quote, but it said, and I quote " rooftop current pool"

The Reflections website is back up and running, and I found this:

"Imported" from Aston, Pennsyvania, U.S. of A.
"Energy efficient elevators" ??? Who gives a rats ass?
"Fully fire sprinklered" ?? Isn't that code for a commercial building?
"Home protection warranty"?? I'm pretty sure that is standard on all new buildings. But if you watch Holmes on Homes, you will find it's "not worth a pinch of coon shit."

And this:

"Designed for healthy recreational activity" ?? So, no smoking pot on the roof? WTF?

I didn't know that 60 feet above ground was considered " high altitude". Who writes this crap? Who believes this crap?

My memory is that the size of the pool was never ever mentioned in any of the ad campaigns, but when you have a huge sign that reads " Where the water meets the sky" , I assumed , as many others did, that it would be a real swimming pool.

I believe I am finished ranting for now. But as long as this mother ship from outer space continues hovering over my formerly peacefull neighbourhood, I may have to continue. That is until I am taken aboard for an anal intrusion episode.

#368 Deegrandmaster

Deegrandmaster
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 12:19 PM

it was always to be a lap pool.
Actually I am sure it will be a pain in the ass with some of the renter mentality but that will be left to be seen.

I am usually happy on an air mattress in a pool and it looks to fit one just fine..........

Most condos you can't even get on the roof so I think the extra space is nice to have on nice evenings and sunny days...........

thanks for the pix of the pool !!!!

surfs up!!!!

#369 snub

snub

Reflecting

• 428 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 10:01 PM

surfs up!!!!

I walked by today and noticed they hadn't even finished 'unpacking' the pool from the crates. (they are in a vacant unit beside the grocery sore). Maybe it didn't come with assembly instructions. By the time they get it assembled they will have to drain the water for winter. Or is it heated?

Deegrandmaster, I'm guessing you weren't going to invite me up for a swim anyways.

#370 aastra

aastra
  • 16,318 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 10:19 PM

I don't think I want to know what a grocery sore is.

#371 snub

snub

Reflecting

• 428 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 09:23 PM

^
Sore is how you feel after thinking you paid to much at the grocery store.

Gess i nead a spel cheqer??

#372 troubled

troubled
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:30 PM

Has anyone information on what is currently happening at Reflections ie the lap pool, construction. I lost my job and have been unable to complete and the developers lawyers are after my depost plus damages.

Any info would be appreciated, particularly if you are a purchaser at Reflections.

#373 spanky123

spanky123
  • 14,216 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:59 PM

First thing I would check is whether or not they have prusued anyone else (likely) and what the outcome was. If there has already been someone who has been able to argue material deficiencies then copying their defense may be the best strategy.

Good luck.

#374 snub

snub

Reflecting

• 428 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 06:18 PM

Has anyone information on what is currently happening at Reflections ie the lap pool, construction.

The pool is not finished, but it is still on the agenda.

#375 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 06:42 PM

wow, Reflections just barely got built, and barely sold out. or has it yet?

#376 snub

snub

Reflecting

• 428 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 11:21 PM

^ My reliable source tells me there are only 9 units left without occupants. But many are rented out, and ( I'm guessing} they could be rented out by the developer.

#377 snaptee

snaptee
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:03 PM

Still no pool!

#378 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:42 PM

Really? And a pool was used extensively in the marketing graphics for the project!

#379 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 18,902 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 03 August 2011 - 10:32 PM

Gotta love the "Specfications subject to change without notice " clause in the purchase agreement :)

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#380 concorde

concorde
  • Banned
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:42 PM

Really? And a pool was used extensively in the marketing graphics for the project!

They didn't install the pool because the building is sinking and would add extensive weight to the foundation. They have had extensive problems already and continue trying to mask the problem.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users