Non-City of Victoria projects with no threads

• Please log in to reply
1440 replies to this topic

#841 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,672 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 08:12 PM

...We don't have a thread for it?

It does seem odd that nothing specific to this project has been "threaded" yet.

#842 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:29 AM

Not sure if these have ever been shared here, or what the likelihood of them actually happening is, but it sure would be nice

Esquimalt and Lampson:

004.jpg

Constance and Nelson:

005.jpg  

Admirals Rd:

006.jpg

https://www.rgfoster...our-development

#843 aastra

aastra
  • 20,741 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:40 AM

More of that crosshatch cladding in the first pic. Same stuff as on the top level of Village Walk and the Store Street side of the proposal beside the Janion?

#844 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 11:05 AM

From RFS' link:

Victoria, BC - RG FOSTER Developments is proud to announce the Lampson & Esquimalt project as our first collaboration with the City of Victoria to develop a multi-family residential building. This project will have a total floor area of 48,100 sq.ft which will include 59 townhome units, 55 parking spots and bike storage.

The Admirals and Colville project is for sure going ahead. I had not heard about the Esquimalt and Lampson project, or the Nelson project.

• jasmineshinga likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#845 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,672 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 11:06 AM

Any renderings?

#846 PPPdev

PPPdev
  • 394 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 06:14 PM

I didn't know that applying for rezoning meant a collaboration with the City  :P

• Nparker likes this

#847 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 06:34 PM

Especially building it in a different municipality.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#848 Brantastic

Brantastic
  • 924 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 08:02 PM

At the bottom of the page, there's another development shown for "Mackenzie Ave" in Victoria with an apparent separated bike lane. I assume they meant McKenzie, but there's no information beyond that. Looks nice, but the lack of information is strange.

804+McKenzie+Ave_Night+Render_Horizontal

#849 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,672 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 08:17 PM

Do you have a source for your info/image Brantastic?

#850 Brantastic

Brantastic
  • 924 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 08:39 PM

Oh sorry. It was just from the bottom of the page RFS posted earlier with all of the Esquimalt projects:

https://www.rgfoster...our-development

Edited by Brantastic, 18 April 2018 - 08:40 PM.

• Nparker likes this

#851 PPPdev

PPPdev
  • 394 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 09:38 PM

That rendering is by Urban West Architecture for the site recently sold by Marker Group just below their Lyra project. The parcel runs along McKenzie and there are a couple of old derilict houses on the properties.

#852 tiger11

tiger11
  • 163 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 07:00 AM

PPPdev is right. If you dig into the picture elements it is titled 804 Mckenzie night rendering! It just seems strange that the topography looks level and has a guarded bike lane. Would be a huge improvement for the area if this happened. 

Attached Images

• Screen Shot 2018-04-19 at 7.55.25 AM.png

#853 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 07:29 AM

There is anew 250-unit Nanaimo townhouse project by Molnar.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#854 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,338 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 19 April 2018 - 07:55 AM

hmm. A separated bike lane from Quadra Bourdon all the way to 17 or even to TCH? Any bets on that happening in the next decade?

Edited by lanforod, 19 April 2018 - 07:55 AM.

#855 Mattjvd

Mattjvd
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:59 AM

hmm. A separated bike lane from Quadra Bourdon all the way to 17 or even to TCH? Any bets on that happening in the next decade?

More likely to see that from Bourdon to UVic, not the other direction.

#856 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 19 April 2018 - 09:33 AM

More likely to see that from Bourdon to UVic, not the other direction.

It could connect to the bike paths at Douglas Street, which in turn connect to Uptown and Royal Oak. Significant road widening would be required, though. From the look of that rendering, there's at least 3.0 m of additional width to accommodate the sidewalk, boulevard, and bikeway.

Capture.PNG

#857 tiger11

tiger11
  • 163 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 07:27 AM

If you look along Mckenzie, over the years they have been widening the road allowance from Quadra towards the highway. I know there is another planned development coming up on the corner of Saanich and Mckenzie. The bike lanes will be coming sooner than later i would think. Also would be really nice to get some left turn lanes at Saanich!

Edited by tiger11, 21 April 2018 - 07:29 AM.

#858 Brantastic

Brantastic
  • 924 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 08:14 AM

If you look along Mckenzie, over the years they have been widening the road allowance from Quadra towards the highway. I know there is another planned development coming up on the corner of Saanich and Mckenzie. The bike lanes will be coming sooner than later i would think. Also would be really nice to get some left turn lanes at Saanich!

New development besides Otto? Which side of the intersection? I live on the block between Quadra and Saanich on McKenzie and would love to see higher density! I would hope that a larger population base in the area would promote a revitalization of the McKenzie/Quadra/Borden commercial area. Right now, it's a rather weird mosaic of drab commercial spaces and ugly industrial lands.

The road still seems rather narrow for bike lanes. I would imagine they'd have to widen it further. Couldn't agree more about the left turn lanes though. That intersection backs up really quickly with someone turning left.

#859 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 09:00 AM

^Traffic is also interrupted by drivers crossing the double yellow line to turn into their apartment building. You have to wonder if traffic would flow better if it were more like parts of Shelbourne, with one lane instead of two with added turn lanes.

#860 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 09:11 AM

^The owner of the shopping centre with London Drugs and Thrifty's has been wanting to redevelop for years (since I worked for LD 7 years ago). LD hates their space there and has only stayed there because of a possible redevelopment and no spaces in that area large enough for a store.
  • Mattjvd likes this
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users