Photo

Non-City of Victoria projects with no threads

• Please log in to reply
1440 replies to this topic

#901 Mattjvd

Mattjvd
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 01:13 PM

2006 Sooke road (4 storey, 73 unit building) to be operated by Pacifica Housing is about to be complete two months ahead of schedule. Credit to Townline for being so darn efficient. 

Edited by Mattjvd, 17 August 2018 - 01:37 PM.

• Nparker likes this

#902 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,466 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 01:27 PM

They're incredibly efficient.

Here's the project: https://victoria.cit...rentals/helios/

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#903 Mattjvd

Mattjvd
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 01:38 PM

2006 Sooke road (4 storey, 73 unit building) to be operated by Pacifica Housing is about to be complete two months ahead of schedule. Credit to Townline for being so darn efficient. 

They're incredibly efficient.

Here's the project: https://victoria.cit...rentals/helios/

My mistake, it's the 616 Goldstream Pacificia/Townline project that is about to finish.

https://victoria.cit...ntals/oak-park/

Edited by Mattjvd, 17 August 2018 - 01:39 PM.

#904 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,466 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 01:41 PM

Ah, ok that makes sense. I noticed it was in good shape last time I drove by.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#905 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 24 August 2018 - 08:53 AM

A 90 unit development on 1909 Prosser Road in Central Saanich has been approved. It's led by Stride Properties and the Greater Victoria Housing Society. Details are on Central Saanich's website, here: https://www.centrals...ng-applications

1909_birdseye_feb13.jpg

#906 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,668 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 09:11 AM

A 90 unit development on 1909 Prosser Road in Central Saanich has been approved...

Currently this.

1909 Prosser-1.JPG

1909 Prosser-2.JPG

#907 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 11 September 2018 - 07:31 AM

No inspiring renderings for this one, but Sidney Council approved the development permit at 9850/9858/9866/9868 Fourth Street. Four storeys, 37 units, no CRU, the plans are here: http://www.sidney.ca...treet_Plans.pdf

Capture.PNG

#908 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 08:26 AM

https://avanti22.com/

Townhouses in View Royal near Eagle Creek starting at $699k.

#909 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 09:12 AM

Does anyone know what's going on with the Ilaria at Hatley Park townhouse project by Bronte Heights Developments on Sooke Road in Colwood?

This is a 14-unit townhouse project that has been under construction since summer 2016. They were originally targeting a summer 2017 move-in date, but this place is still far from complete. They're now well beyond two years under construction for a small, wood-frame development. What's the deal?

#910 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 10:14 AM

Bronte Heights has a project on Gorge Rd that seems to of stalled as well (i.e. dig a hole in the ground and nothing more has happened for months).
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#911 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 01 October 2018 - 11:27 AM

DP for 9989 and 9991 Fifth Street in Sidney is going to Advisory Planning Committee tomorrow. 19 units in four storeys, including: 2 3BR, 13 2BR, 4 1BR. Staff are recommending the project be approved with minor revisions to the landscaping prior to Building Permit issuance.

Sidney showing it has no intention of slowing down. The application went to Council within three weeks of intake, and to APC within five. All said and done, the DP could be issued in November (I think), less than twelve weeks after intake.

Capture.PNG

#912 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 11:44 AM

DP for 9989 and 9991 Fifth Street in Sidney is going to Advisory Planning Committee tomorrow. 19 units in four storeys, including: 2 3BR, 13 2BR, 4 1BR. Staff are recommending the project be approved with minor revisions to the landscaping prior to Building Permit issuance.

Sidney showing it has no intention of slowing down. The application went to Council within three weeks of intake, and to APC within five. All said and done, the DP could be issued in November (I think), less than twelve weeks after intake.

Sidney gets it

Edited by RFS, 01 October 2018 - 11:44 AM.

#913 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,466 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 12:21 PM

Sidney grew up with Mayor Price took over. Before his time it was the used book shop capital of ...where, exactly? Canada? The northern hemisphere?

Sidney's downtown core is going to reach its potential so long as things remain on-track politically.

Know it all.

#914 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 16 October 2018 - 09:32 AM

This DP has been issued. Sidney is going into their election with zero development applications in process. It'll be a clean house for the next Council!

• Nparker and grantpalin like this

#915 threePs

threePs
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 09:46 AM

Sidney grew up with Mayor Price took over. Before his time it was the used book shop capital of ...where, exactly? Canada? The northern hemisphere?

Sidney's downtown core is going to reach its potential so long as things remain on-track politically.

Spoke a little too soon. It appears as though the biggest reason Price was voted out was because of his fast-track approach to these approvals. So zero applications in process, and may stay that way for a while. Sidney had a good run.

#916 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 10:01 AM

I’m interested to see what jackerbie thinks. Seems to be a bit of a Sidney buff

#917 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,003 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 10:09 AM

Spoke a little too soon. It appears as though the biggest reason Price was voted out was because of his fast-track approach to these approvals. So zero applications in process, and may stay that way for a while. Sidney had a good run.

I am sure that the big boxes starting to line up along the highway didn't help.

#918 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 22 October 2018 - 10:22 AM

I’m interested to see what jackerbie thinks. Seems to be a bit of a Sidney buff

Sidney has a very easy to use and accessible Development Applications website, which is why I'm able to post frequently. I also grew up in North Saanich and spent lots of time in Sidney, so there's some person interest, too.  :)

On the election side of things, I have no idea what the political climate is in Sidney, and I did not follow any of the new or incumbent candidates. Based purely on the vision Cliff presents on his website, it would appear that the scale of development in Sidney was a significant motivator for people to vote.

• Mike K. likes this

#919 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,466 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 03:06 PM

D'oh, I should have said Sidney was 'growing up.'

Oh well, you can kiss the town's development applications goodbye for a little while. That would probably explain why we saw such a massive rush of development applications within the last two years, no? Jackerbie?

Know it all.

#920 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 09:13 PM

Not sure where to put this - Esquimalt has added a development tracker to the municipal website
https://www.esquimal...VuTMJAsVywMtVJI

Edited by RFS, 31 October 2018 - 09:13 PM.

• jasmineshinga likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users