Non-City of Victoria projects with no threads

• Please log in to reply
1440 replies to this topic

#101 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 01:25 PM

Not a project yet, but the property at the west end of Fisgard that also faces Store and Herald is on the market for $7,750,000.

#102 zinkerled

zinkerled
  • 138 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:37 PM

Not a project yet, but the property at the west end of Fisgard that also faces Store and Herald is on the market for $7,750,000.

Is that just the parking lot with the volvo repair shop or does it include the pawn shop building (used to be Click's Furniture I believe) and surrounding parking lot as well?

#103 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:56 PM

It is the parking lot with the white repair building in the middle.

#104 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 05:35 PM

$7.75 million? That's madness, man.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#105 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:06 PM

BC Assessment pegs it in the high $6M

#106 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:09 PM

With a few 601 Herald type projects there I would be in heaven!

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#107 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:21 PM

G-Man, this site has a wonderful water view potential for the residential portion....along with a street level commercial future that should be somewhat delightful.

Mike's off the cuff comment about the sale price was somewhat like my own.......until I started to realize that on the world market.......

....prime real estate is increasing in value..........not so prime.......not so much.

#108 jklymak

jklymak
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:38 AM

I guess I'm not shocked by this price tag. Even as a surface lot, it looks to hold on the order of 100 cars, which at $20/day is $720k/y in revenue. Kind of puts into perspective why there are so many surface lots in town!

#109 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:26 PM

Can someone please start a thread on this. I'm shocked there isn't 10 pages into a new thread already. It's a biggie.
Can't figure out the address.

#110 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:43 PM

^Didn't aastra once make a Photoshop of that street showing potential developments?
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#111 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:00 PM

ANyone know what the project is on Cloverdale and Seymour. Kind of got a big slanted roof. Kind of interesting.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#112 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:11 PM

Sparky should know. His office is just one building over.

Can someone please start a thread on this. I'm shocked there isn't 10 pages into a new thread already. It's a biggie.
Can't figure out the address.

Sparky just posted some info on the land sale somewhere (can't find it now for the life of me), but before we go ahead with a project thread I'd say we should hold tight until the land sells and/or a proposal surfaces :)

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#113 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:24 PM

omg guys scroll to the top of the page!

#114 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 08:43 AM

Oops. Sorry Sparky.

#115 concorde

concorde
  • Banned
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:54 PM

ANyone know what the project is on Cloverdale and Seymour. Kind of got a big slanted roof. Kind of interesting.

Thats the new building for Kirby's Source for Sports.

#116 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:11 PM

Here is a whopper for you. This is a "single family dwelling" on West Saanich Road just north of Interurban.

I drive by this rascal twice a day......and every time I say.....what the ?

#117 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:52 PM

Thats the new building for Kirby's Source for Sports.

^^^ Sorry I was out of town when this came up. Yes Kirby sports is expanding. Kirby was a tenant of Mike Rogers who owned the building that Kirby is in now....and Mike also owned the house behind where he operated Rogers Mechanical for decades. I am going to assume that Mike has sold both the properties to Kirby. Once the new building is built the old one in front is going the be deconstructed, and an area is going to be built to practice with sport equipment.

Here is a once in a lifetime side story for you.

Mike Rogers was our coach of the "Moose" baseball team of the Lakehill Little League. Great guy. I played third base for him for three years. There was a left handed guy that played first base who was actually quite good, but he always had to rush home for his piano lessons.

Mike and I joked about this for years.....yeah that first baseman was always on about his piano work.......like piano lessons were going to get him anywhere......:)

David Foster.

#118 maniac78

maniac78
  • 271 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:30 AM

Anyone know what the building next to Princess Auto is going to be?

#119 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:38 AM

Here is a whopper for you. This is a "single family dwelling" on West Saanich Road just north of Interurban.

I drive by this rascal twice a day......and every time I say.....what the ?

That's a single family dwelling??? I kept thinking it's a strata condo or something.

But by the looks of it one "large" family could end up living there, if you know what I mean.

Know it all.

#120 renthefinn

renthefinn
  • 571 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:33 PM

^You are right.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users