UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Tideline Lane at Royal Bay
Use: subdivision
Address: 360-374 Tideline Lane
Municipality: Colwood
Region: West Shore
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Tideline Line at Royal Bay is a collection of eight single-family-homes at the oceanside Royal Bay community i... (view full profile)
Learn more about Tideline Lane at Royal Bay on Citified.ca      Official website: https://royalbayhomesbysouthislandhometeam.com
Photo

[Colwood] Royal Bay & Beachlands | Subdivision

• Please log in to reply
513 replies to this topic

#341 DustMagnet

DustMagnet
  • 1,508 posts
  • LocationView Royal

Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:19 PM

The listing demonstrates the water view. and based on the treeline I don't think houses built across the road could block it.

406077_25.jpg

#342 LeeChambers

LeeChambers
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 08:43 PM

Hi, I’m curious how happy new owners here are with their purchases?
Especially any feedback about how estimated completion dates compared with actual occupancy, how deficiencies were dealt with and any comments about overall satisfaction. Thanks!

#343 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 10:27 AM

I would love to hear from someone educated on such matters about the actual risks associated with living on a gravel pit in an earthquake zone.  Not trying to start anything, genuinely curious 

#344 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 10:37 AM

I think there’s a map that identifies relative ground/terrain-related earthquake risks. I would imagine sitting on a giant mound of rock would be pretty good.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#345 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 08:40 PM

We're going to see some more planning for the Royal Bay beach component and the "quarry," which are the lands south of the area currently being developed.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#346 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 05:56 AM

Do we have any numbers on how many houses are built and how many are under construction? Took a drive through the other day and the place has really grown already.

#347 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 06:09 AM

I believe the density will be increased from the initial 2,300 home figure but it remains to be seen how much. Quite possibly up to 2,500 or 2,600.

I would guesstimate that 150 homes have already been built and another 25 are underway.

Know it all.

#348 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 19 June 2019 - 12:50 PM

Saanich News has a story with some of the info and the open house date (June 25): https://www.saanichn...moving-forward/

#349 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 05:12 PM

A collection of renderings for the Royal Beach component of Royal Bay: https://www.colwood....se-june-25-2019

• Mattjvd likes this

Know it all.

#350 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 11:00 AM

It looks like District Group, which is redeveloping the Scott Building and Wellburn’s properties in Victoria, is getting involved in Royal Bay. It will most likely be a rental development within the community: https://districtgrou...o-item/colwood/

#351 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,290 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 12 September 2019 - 10:18 AM

164-rental-apartments,-convenience-store-and-coffee-shop-eyed-for-lot-next-to-Royal-Bay-Secondary-in-Colwood.jpg

An artist's rendering of 360 Latoria Boulevard, a three-building, 164-unit rental development with a retail component. The project has been proposed for Latoria Boulevard at Ryder Hesjedal Way as a part of Colwood's Royal Bay development.

164 rental apartments, convenience store and coffee shop eyed for lot next to Royal Bay Secondary in Colwood

https://victoria.cit...ary-in-colwood/

• Mattjvd likes this
Know it all.

#352 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 04:46 PM

GableCraft says they will have 240 homes completed at Royal Bay by the end of the year.

Know it all.

#353 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,849 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 06:21 AM

this interchange is also good news for royal bay sales.

the thread title here says 2300 homes.  mike any idea where it is at for built?

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 07 January 2020 - 06:21 AM.

#354 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 06:22 AM

Around 240 homes.
  • Victoria Watcher likes this

Know it all.

#355 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,849 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 06:24 AM

so another 1900+ homes (with secondary suites?) brings at least 5000 more people.  probably lots more.  and hundreds of kids for the school (s?) there. 

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 07 January 2020 - 06:25 AM.

#356 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 06:25 AM

I believe another school will be built there and Royal Bay is expanding already.

Know it all.

#357 rambaldi

rambaldi
  • 182 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 07:29 PM

Updates on the Royal Bay and Royal Beach development applications

https://letstalkcolw...opment-planning

#358 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,776 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 28 January 2020 - 04:13 PM

A ton of construction going on in Royal Bay right now. They have some solid price points -> https://www.realtor....lwood-royal-bay

Solid alternative to a condo.

• Matt R. likes this

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#359 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 28 January 2020 - 05:57 PM

A ton of construction going on in Royal Bay right now. They have some solid price points -> https://www.realtor....lwood-royal-bay

Solid alternative to a condo.

I looked at that and got all excited until I looked at a map.  I'd love two living floors above my own private garage, but I don't think the commute has gotten that much better...

I'm finding a lot of the condos on the market right now to be rather uninspiring. We've built warehouses for people without considering lifestyle.  

• Mike K. and Victoria Watcher like this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#360 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,009 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 07:31 PM

We’re in the market for a 2 bedroom too, there’s good variety in the 550-650 range. Royal Bay is too far out.

Decent old house on Lang near Mayfair for just a little more.

Matt.
  • Victoria Watcher likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users