UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Tideline Lane at Royal Bay
Use: subdivision
Address: 360-374 Tideline Lane
Municipality: Colwood
Region: West Shore
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Tideline Line at Royal Bay is a collection of eight single-family-homes at the oceanside Royal Bay community i... (view full profile)
Learn more about Tideline Lane at Royal Bay on Citified.ca      Official website: https://royalbayhomesbysouthislandhometeam.com
Photo

[Colwood] Royal Bay & Beachlands | Subdivision

• Please log in to reply
513 replies to this topic

#321 lehman01

lehman01
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 06:09 PM

Our parking is already mess and now the new addition will take up the entire back parking lot but there's been some rumors (with strong sources) that the lot beside the end of our track/ turf off Ryder Hesjedal has/ will be bought by the district and turned into a large parking lot.

Work has begun on the new parking lot for Royal Bay Secondary, about 2x the size of the current back parking lot. It is expected to be competed in January 2019 at which time the back parking lot will be completely closed and the addition will start. 

Current numbers for Royal Bay this year are at 1,155 Students. The district/ school has currently taken over the entire "Neighbourhood Learning Centre" (Daycare/ West Shore Parks & Rec area) and is using it for classrooms as well. 

#322 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,158 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 06:09 PM

Thanks for the update!

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#323 Mattjvd

Mattjvd
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 09:43 PM

Has there been a big sales slow-down here? I noticed one of their properties (3527 Sparrowhawk) had a 100k price reduction.

#324 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 25 September 2018 - 10:49 AM

Has there been a big sales slow-down here? I noticed one of their properties (3527 Sparrowhawk) had a 100k price reduction.

Those were built by Limona, not GableCraft if it makes any sort of difference.

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#325 lehman01

lehman01
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 07:25 PM

Work is coming to an end on the new parking lot for Royal Bay Secondary. Paving should take place all of next week with full completion in about 3 weeks. 

Attached Images

• mAqwDlh3QayWzyKJrVZgOA.jpg
  • %vPyALXmQzWT3JbpqVs1pw.jpg

Edited by lehman01, 17 November 2018 - 07:35 PM.

#326 lehman01

lehman01
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 07:37 PM

Contractors were in Royal Bay Secondary, Wednesday touring it in preparation for bidding on the new addition. Bidding is supposed to take place in the next few weeks.  

Attached are the plans for the new addition. 

Attached Images

• xRRVbmiXQYOE5Fjm3VAS9Q.jpg
  • GCnNlQPzTIWxyfZ8zGIDvA.jpg
  • NP5p13roQMCeiY00w1rbjg.jpg

#327 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 07:45 PM

And how long before the addition is augmented by portables?

• tedward likes this

#328 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,158 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 09:06 AM

Nice, thanks for that!

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#329 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 12:27 PM

And how long before the addition is augmented by portables?

I don't believe they have any plans to remove the portables already on site, so technically immediately.

#330 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 04:30 PM

I don't believe they have any plans to remove the portables already on site, so technically immediately.

So in typical CRD fashion, we're building something that is insufficient even before it is completed. :whyme:

#331 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 09:29 AM

So in typical CRD fashion, we're building something that is insufficient even before it is completed. :whyme:

Unfortunately this one is out of the hands of local government. The Province sets the standard for school construction (i.e. built to capacity required at time of announcement, built to future projected capacity, etc.) It's a tough one to win, because in some areas they have schools that are practically empty, and in other areas they have schools that are bursting at the seams. Hard to predict what capacity will look like in a school 40 years from when it's built. They're just trying to avoid scenarios like they have in a lot of school districts right now where there is a far higher school capacity than there is student population.

#332 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 07:05 AM

Here is a solution, bus kids to those empty schools and put those empty schools to work

• Nparker likes this

#333 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 06:52 PM

Bids closed yesterday.  rumors are there were 2 bids from the 6 contractors who toured the school.  The market is still busy

#334 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,297 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 06:59 AM

According to the 2016 census, Colwood’s population is around 16,850 residents. That means there is likely to be a 35 per cent population increase in the next 10 years and an additional 16 per cent increase in the ten years following that.

https://www.vicnews....-next-10-years/

#335 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,158 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:55 PM

www.royalbeach.ca will be the waterfront portion of this project.

Know it all.

#336 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,232 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 15 March 2019 - 07:55 AM

^ I'm sure they'll be priced accordingly. 1 mill + for a SFH?

#337 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 08:26 AM

$1 million for a waterfront house anywhere in Victoria????  I would doubt that

This house has zero water views in the area and is $1 million  https://www.realtor....toria-royal-bay

#338 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,232 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 15 March 2019 - 09:22 AM

Context matters here. This is Royal Bay, where, IIRC, the SFH homes up on the other side of the road were going from 750k ish? These are tiny postage stamp ~4500 sq ft lots, by the way.

I agree with you that if it actually has water views, it'll be even more.

#339 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,232 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 15 March 2019 - 09:23 AM

$1 million for a waterfront house anywhere in Victoria????  I would doubt that

This house has zero water views in the area and is $1 million  https://www.realtor....toria-royal-bay

That posting specifically says it has water views...

#340 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 11:47 AM

^I drove by it the other day and I would be shocked it it does.  Maybe it does...for another X months when the subdivision is completed

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users