#361 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,285 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:44 AM

View Towers readies for new tenants three years after damaging blaze

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#362 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:52 AM

Oh ya, I mean the new suites.  Not much going for under $1000 around town.

I am not sure what the new suites are like, but I understand they aren't much different that the old ones as the insurance company wasn't upgrading any finishes

Most of the units are bachelors with a small living room (which also is your dining, bedroom, etc), some units got new kitchenettes, and I don't believe the bathrooms got touched.  the floor was going back as vinyl tile.  all the walls and ceilings are asbestos texture coat.

I would be interested in what the "renovated" rooms rent for when they go on the market

#363 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:54 AM

I'm hearing the exact opposite, that the renovated units are pretty snazzy.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#364 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 11:20 AM

Now if there were only some way to capture images of what the renovated units look like and share those images with the public.

• Midnightly likes this

#365 Jason-L

Jason-L
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:45 PM

Now if there were only some way to capture images of what the renovated units look like and share those images with the public.

But that would involve going into the Towers tower?  Who's that brave?

#366 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:50 PM

But that would involve going into the Towers tower?  Who's that brave?

Presumably, all those who intend to move into the renovated units when they come back on the market. They sound head and shoulders better than the "affordable" accommodations VHF has proposed.  ;)

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#367 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:32 PM

I'm hearing the exact opposite, that the renovated units are pretty snazzy.

My company did work in there.  I saw the units personally and I would be shocked if they can get those units to look any good, but hey who knows.  I'll wait for some pics to make a final judgement

#368 LJ

LJ
  • 12,702 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:17 PM

Most of the units are bachelors with a small living room (which also is your dining, bedroom, etc), some units got new kitchenettes, and I don't believe the bathrooms got touched.  the floor was going back as vinyl tile.  all the walls and ceilings are asbestos texture coat.

Asbestos??? Really?

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#369 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 06:12 AM

^yes, most buildings from the 60's and 70's are loaded with the stuff

#370 LJ

LJ
  • 12,702 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 07:54 PM

^yes, most buildings from the 60's and 70's are loaded with the stuff

Yeah, I know that. Your post made it sound like they were finishing the newly renovated suites with it.

• VicHockeyFan and sdwright.vic like this
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#371 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 08:11 PM

Have to agree... sounded like they were spraying fresh asbestos on the walls with the renos.
  • VicHockeyFan likes this
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#372 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 01:42 PM

Suites for rent....

https://victoria.cra...6398063449.html

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#373 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 01:54 PM

That's some first-class marketing. Take notes, Vic.

Edited by Rob Randall, 02 December 2017 - 01:55 PM.

• Nparker likes this

#374 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 01:56 PM

That's some first-class marketing. Take notes, Vic.

They neglected to mention the best part: it's the only highrise downtown with a mostly obstructed view of View Towers!

#375 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 02:02 PM

If you have a sketchy ad, you're going to attract sketchy renters. What's the point of an extensive and expensive renovation if you're not willing to rebrand your new product? I realize that in this market that suite will be snapped up regardless, but the long-term goal is to have more respectable, more engaged tenants by showing off the suites with stylish photos and engaging descriptions.

Edited by Rob Randall, 02 December 2017 - 02:11 PM.

• Nparker likes this

#376 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 02:06 PM

If you have a sketchy ad, you're going to attract sketchy renters. What's the point of an extensive and expensive renovation if you're not willing to rebrand your new product? I realize that in this market that suite will be snapped up regardless, but the long-term goal is to have more respectable, more engaged tenants.

Maybe it won't be snapped up, no price indicated.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#377 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 02:30 PM

Still no pics?

#378 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,285 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 04 December 2017 - 11:52 AM

Bachelor units rent from the $1,000/month range.

Apartments in fire-damaged View Towers complex re-emerging on Victoria's rental market

Know it all.

#379 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:07 PM

Yeah, I know that. Your post made it sound like they were finishing the newly renovated suites with it.

I just saw this.  Sorry if I misled, no almost all of the existing walls are asbestos texture

If you have a sketchy ad, you're going to attract sketchy renters. What's the point of an extensive and expensive renovation if you're not willing to rebrand your new product? I realize that in this market that suite will be snapped up regardless, but the long-term goal is to have more respectable, more engaged tenants by showing off the suites with stylish photos and engaging descriptions.

It was not an "extensive and expensive renovation", if was a insurance fire repair job that's all, not even close to a rebranding.  The fire was on the 9th floor (I think) and only the suites on the east side at and below the 9th floor were repaired

#380 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 06:29 AM

VT has one at-ground level of parking and two below ground levels. Rates are a very reasonable $85 a month but they are not taking new applications--they are reserving the spaces for future renters even though the parkade is virtually empty right now. Why they don't just rent month-to-month is strange as they are leaving thousands of dollars on the table in potential parking revenue but then again nothing about the marketing of this building makes a lot of sense.

• jonny likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users