Photo

[Saanich] Tillicum Centre condo | 13- & 9-storeys | Approved

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#101 martini

martini
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 12:22 PM

Well Kelsey's and Montana's are both owned by Cara foods along with Harvey's, Swiss Chalet and a handful of other brands.

My understanding is that the food is pre-cooked and pre-proportioned, flash frozen and shipped to the restaurants where it is heated and served. Lots of the chain restaurants do this to ensure consistency and lower overall costs.

Shouldn't be too much excuse for a bad meal although it isn't Cafe Brio either!

Yuck. Eating at these places will kill you.
http://www.swisschal...utritionals.pdf
http://www.montanas....f/nutrition.pdf

#102 VicDuck

VicDuck

Banned

• Banned
  • 409 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 03:32 PM

Yuck. Eating at these places will kill you.
http://www.swisschal...utritionals.pdf
http://www.montanas....f/nutrition.pdf

Not if you get a chicken breast, beans and mashed potatoes.

#103 martini

martini
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:24 PM

Not if you get a chicken breast, beans and mashed potatoes.

Ok, but stay away from their "Wholesome Choices" Vegetable Stir fry. Those will harden all your arteries before you finish eating.

#104 VicDuck

VicDuck

Banned

• Banned
  • 409 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:30 PM

Ok, but stay away from their "Wholesome Choices" Vegetable Stir fry. Those will harden all your arteries before you finish eating.

Thanks, duly noted.

#105 AnonAnnie2

AnonAnnie2
  • 151 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:36 PM

This project is full-steam ahead....bit of a 'chat' with Toronto today.
:D

#106 concorde

concorde
  • Banned
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:43 PM

I had a meeting with the architect earlier this summer and he told me it won't start until late spring or early summer next year. They haven't even figured out where they are relocating Montana's and Kelsey's to yet.

So what does full steam ahead mean?

#107 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 28 August 2009 - 03:39 PM

I had a meeting with the architect earlier this summer and he told me it won't start until late spring or early summer next year. They haven't even figured out where they are relocating Montana's and Kelsey's to yet.

So what does full steam ahead mean?

On their plans they had at least one of the restaurants half under the ramp to the upper part of the parkade.

#108 AnonAnnie2

AnonAnnie2
  • 151 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 04:25 PM

Rumor mill was a-running on this one..full steam ahead means funds are in place and everything is moving forward AS planned.

#109 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 06:01 PM

I thought Kelseys was going to close.

#110 concorde

concorde
  • Banned
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 10:39 AM

I've been in this business a long time and I only really get excited when the excavators move on site and things begin to move. Too many projects I've been involved in get a lot of talk and end up buried on the shelf.

I'm not saying this is going to happen with this project, I think it has a good chance to go ahead. I would still say this project is 10 months away.

#111 VicDuck

VicDuck

Banned

• Banned
  • 409 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 11:05 AM

I've been in this business a long time and I only really get excited when the excavators move on site and things begin to move. Too many projects I've been involved in get a lot of talk and end up buried on the shelf.

I'm not saying this is going to happen with this project, I think it has a good chance to go ahead. I would still say this project is 10 months away.

Middle of next year is what i have heard as well.

#112 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:38 PM

New renderings are available of this project, c/o of the MCMP Architects.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#113 AnonAnnie2

AnonAnnie2
  • 151 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:53 PM

Any idea why the new renderings?

#114 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 04:01 PM

Too bad the best face is towards the park...

#115 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:21 PM

Probably be able to see it from the highway.

#116 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 09:59 PM

Too bad the best face is towards the park...

The best side should face the park otherwise who would be interested in buying a suite looking out at the parking lot. I hope they can find a spot for Kelsey's, as I have always enjoyed the food, and then a short walk to catch a movie.

#117 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 08:15 AM

The best side should face the park otherwise who would be interested in buying a suite looking out at the parking lot. I hope they can find a spot for Kelsey's, as I have always enjoyed the food, and then a short walk to catch a movie.

I was trying to point out that the part that humans interact with sucks. Of course it is mostly the fault of the ground floor and the way the building moves in a wave. Having a parking lot in front of the building is a bad idea and this project leaves no way to fix it easily in the future.

The building should have been built along Burnside with a rectangular ground floor and no perpindicular parking along the side of the building. Instead it should have had a road which could have had parallel parking.

#118 LJ

LJ
  • 12,736 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 07:41 PM

The building should have been built along Burnside with a rectangular ground floor and no perpindicular parking along the side of the building. Instead it should have had a road which could have had parallel parking.

I can't believe they didn't consult with you prior to designing this.

Screw em. Next time build the thing yourself - the right way.
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#119 aastra

aastra
  • 20,749 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 08:54 PM

...who would be interested in buying a suite looking out at the parking lot...

Aren't they counting on ~50% of the buyers being interested in that?

#120 aastra

aastra
  • 20,749 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 10:14 PM

So it looks like there will be a common area on the lower roof there, but will there be access to the tops of the towers? That would be a huge selling point for me, being able to go up to the very top to see the mountains and the city lights, etc. Would that lower roof cut it? Maybe, but I suspect it's too low.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users