485 replies to this topic

#381 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,516 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:40 PM

Cool!

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#382 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:46 AM

I'll be hosting an Oscar's party this Sunday. Pags is closed, so is not doing one, and the Film Commission has decided not to do one this year either.

This Sunday afternoon, March 4th.   We are doing it again, now for the 6th year in a row.  Join us for the 90th Academy Awards show, on the screens at Yates Street Taphouse Bar&Grill.

MORE / RSVP / invite friends:  https://www.facebook...49699605046928/

Fantastic food and drink specials.  Want a mini-movie poster (11"x17")?  We have some for you to take home, from Star Wars, Dunkirk, Lady Bird, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, the Post, and more.  Just grab one from the hosts at the prize table.

Plus the Capitol 6 is bringing us some other full-size movie posters for door prizes.

✪ And of course:  PICK the winners, and you are off to the movies, with a pass courtesy of the Capitol 6 Theatres downtown, and IMAX.

When you get to the Taphouse on Sunday, grab your entry ballot. 

Correctly pick the winners of BEST FILM, BEST DIRECTOR and BEST leading ACTOR and ACTRESS, plus best ORIGINAL SONG and COSTUME, and you win a Capitol 6 Theatres or IMAX movie pass, good for one adult admission.

Everyone with the correct predictions wins a pass!  Plus additional prizes.

MORE / RSVP / invite friends:  https://www.facebook...49699605046928/

Dress like the stars - or come as you are.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#383 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 08:00 PM

Hans Zimmer loses!
  • Matt R. likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#384 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,028 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 08:12 PM

Sad! Get him outta here!

Matt.

#385 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,516 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 11:10 AM

Last night's Oscars ratings were the lowest ...eva.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#386 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 11:19 AM

Ya, 30 million maybe. Which in fairness, still puts it in the top 5 or 10 TV broadcasts of the entire year. Only some sports events will surpass it.

#387 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,516 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 11:21 AM

22 million. Ouch.

Know it all.

#388 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 11:32 AM

I think you have to be a bit careful attributing it to any one reason.

Remember, TV show ratings are a fraction of what there were in the 90's.  A top-rated broadcast TV show now gets 2 million viewers.  So 29 million for the Oscars is pretty good.  Put aside the Olympics last week, and there was only one broadcast TV show that cracked 2 million (The Batchelor).

And this year was a pretty weak movie year really.

http://www.basinsrad...t-all-time-low/

According to a round-up of local Nielsen markets, the 90th Annual Academy Awards was down 16 percent to an 18.9 household rating, down from last year’s near-low of 22.4. That’s also down from the prior lowest ratings on record, which was a 21.9 household rating from 2008. While the Oscars remain one of TV’s most viewed events at around 29 million viewers, just last year it was 32 million. Any number of factors are often blamed for a low-rated award shows. One reason being offered for the latest drop in Oscar ratings is the fact that this year’s crop of Best Picture nominees featured few box-office blockbusters. The highest box-office gross among the Best Picture nominees belonged to the World War II drama Dunkirk ($525 million worldwide), which came up short in the major categories but ultimately went home with three Oscars for film editing and sound editing and mixing. An even bigger driving factor for Oscars’ recent ratings decline is the rapidly-changing viewing habits of TV audiences, more of whom are choosing to stream their favorite content online (including on social media) rather than watching live on TV. 

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 05 March 2018 - 11:39 AM.

#389 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 01:24 PM

Have the ratings agencies figured out a way to account for pirate streams? 

#390 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 05 March 2018 - 03:44 PM

I watched the opening monologue on YouTube (~10 mins) and then read an article on the winners (~5 mins). Saved myself 3.75 hours.

• VicHockeyFan and Mattjvd like this

#391 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 06:44 PM

Celebrity Sightings...   :cool: 

They're filming yet another movie at the Roundhouse - clearly the best use for this property.

At Il Terrazzo we spotted Danny Woodburn and his actress wife Amy Buchwald.  They were with another couple I didn't recognize.

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#392 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,516 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 06:47 PM

Some kind of a Christmas movie, I think. I spotted a group of little people dressed as elves having a smoke break behind the roundhouse.

• VicHockeyFan, Rob Randall and todd like this

Know it all.

#393 Cassidy

Cassidy
  • Banned
  • 2,501 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 30 April 2018 - 05:59 AM

It's Pupstar Christmas

It's #4 in the franchise about singing dogs, all of them having done principal photography here in Victoria (and Sidney), and currently completeing principal photography for this one.

Danny Woodburn has been in a few of them.

Edited by Cassidy, 30 April 2018 - 06:03 AM.

#394 DustMagnet

DustMagnet
  • 1,508 posts
  • LocationView Royal

Posted 30 April 2018 - 09:15 AM

It's Pupstar Christmas

It's #4 in the franchise about singing dogs, all of them having done principal photography here in Victoria (and Sidney), and currently completeing principal photography for this one.

Danny Woodburn has been in a few of them.

Golgafrincham lives on in all of us.

#395 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 09 May 2018 - 08:35 AM

Disney's "Descendants" film series is coming back to Victoria in June for a third movie. Hatley Castle has appeared in the series previously, and a permit for filming at the legislature has been issued by CoV. It is being produced under the moniker "The Big Sleep,"  

#396 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,516 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 09:07 AM

Nice!

Know it all.

#397 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 28 August 2018 - 08:10 AM

Hallmark's Emma Fielding Mystery series is filming at Victoria City Hall today. Exterior photography begins in the afternoon, with interior photography later in the evening.

#398 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 08:16 AM

Jim Carey is filming Sonic the Hedgehog in Qualicum Beach the first part of September. The highway will be closed for four days of filming.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#399 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,724 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 08:25 AM

Hallmark's Emma Fielding Mystery series is filming at Victoria City Hall today...

The Case of Purloined PM?

• Bob Fugger likes this

#400 Jason-L

Jason-L
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 08:38 AM

Jim Carey is filming Sonic the Hedgehog in Qualicum Beach the first part of September. The highway will be closed for four days of filming.

This is the problem with the latest Sonic games, they just don't have the speed of the original games.  Why, in Sonic 1, they'd have finished filming in only 2 days.

• Mike K., Matt R. and sdwright.vic like this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users