[Burnside/Gorge] Target Self-Storage | Built - completed in 2008

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 01:07 PM

Going along Burnside today I spied this giant plywood structure--it took me by surprise--I'd never seen it before. It looked like a giant ship. I got closer and saw that a new road had been built alongside it next to the Galloping Goose trail. It's a fascinating looking building--very long and narrow. It would have made a great condo.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#2 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 06:09 PM

That's funny I just saw that for the first time a couple of days ago and was wondering what in the hell it was.

#3 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 07:49 PM

Here's that thing. Isn't it crazy? If you go along the right side you would see how narrow it is. There's a new road called Tolmie Lane behind it to the right that connects to Dupplin Rd.

"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#4 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 12:59 AM

oh my

#5 victorian fan

victorian fan
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 11:47 AM

Yikes!

#6 aastra

aastra
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 02:09 PM

I have to wonder, if that thing was a residential building of exactly the same size and proportions but with lots of windows and balconies on the trail side, would it have been allowed?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users