Photo

The Kramer buildings general discussion incl. The Janion | Morley Soda Water Factory

• Please log in to reply
545 replies to this topic

#501 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:08 PM

It sure is nice to have indoor shopping downtown in the middle of winter.

#502 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:22 AM

20 years on and I think it is fairly safe to say the Eatons's Centre, now Bay Centre, has not been beneficial for downtown. The closure of Broad Street has severely cut off the natural flow north and south for much of downtown.

I think having the passport office on the top floor is a plus for the food court and is more inviting than lining up outside.

I often continue along Broad Street by walking in one of the entrances and exiting on the other side of the Bay Centre.

#503 TacoConsumer

TacoConsumer
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:40 PM

Yes.

It is my DREAM to get into the Janion, I've wanted to ever since I was little. I'm obsessed with that building, staying up late researching it and everything. I wish someone could help me get in.

#504 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:30 PM

Welcome to Vibrant Victoria TacoConsumer.

You might have been born 100 years too late......but never give up.

#505 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:14 AM

It is my DREAM to get into the Janion, I've wanted to ever since I was little. I'm obsessed with that building, staying up late researching it and everything. I wish someone could help me get in.

A group of urban adventurers have actually managed to get into the building but I can't recall how they did so and where the info on their adventure is posted. I seem to recall that it was mentioned here on the forum and perhaps the right search terms will bring up that info (I just spent a little while lurking about but couldn't find anything).

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#506 Jacques Cadé

Jacques Cadé
  • 932 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:57 AM

Discussion of Victoria urban exploration is at http://www.uer.ca/fo...&threadid=19236. Warning: Santa-themed cursor and music on linked page.

#507 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:09 AM

Good God, man! Make it stop!

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#508 TacoConsumer

TacoConsumer
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:27 PM

So nobody can help me? Ugh, I've been researching so much lately. And after looking at those pictures of the inside of it, my desire to get inside the building has grown stronger than EVER!

#509 zinkerled

zinkerled
  • 138 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:50 PM

Call Ronald McDonald (yes, that's the listing agent's name), and tell him you're a wealthy industrialist from Vancouver interested in buying the building and converting it into high end condos. Wear your sharpest blazer and sweater when you meet him and who knows, maybe you'll get a tour.

#510 TacoConsumer

TacoConsumer
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:06 PM

Someone else do it, I'm most likely a lot younger than all of you. But, if Mr. Mcdonald is a cool guy and understands where we're coming from give me a time to meet you at the Janion!

#511 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:08 PM

As it's impractical and dangerous for everyone to tour the building before it is gutted, I sincerely hope that someone is able make a high-definition video tour of the entire building. Even in its decrepit state, the interior is a rare glimpse into an lost age.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#512 TacoConsumer

TacoConsumer
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:35 PM

As it's impractical and dangerous for everyone to tour the building before it is gutted, I sincerely hope that someone is able make a high-definition video tour of the entire building. Even in its decrepit state, the interior is a rare glimpse into an lost age.

I don't care how dangerous it is, I want into the Janion (And have for YEARS) and need someone to help.

#513 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:25 PM

http://www2.canada.c...gebuildings&g=0

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#514 TacoConsumer

TacoConsumer
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:36 PM

I've already seen those pictures, very interesting. But I actually want to go inside!

#515 TacoConsumer

TacoConsumer
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:59 PM

There is an area at the back of Janion which used to have planks covering it so you could not get in. But they're gone now, and if we had a small ladder we could EASILY get inside.

#516 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:23 PM

#517 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:27 PM

There is an area at the back of Janion which used to have planks covering it so you could not get in. But they're gone now, and if we had a small ladder we could EASILY get inside.

And post pics!

#518 TacoConsumer

TacoConsumer
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:29 PM

http://www.facebook....&type=3

#519 TacoConsumer

TacoConsumer
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:30 PM

#520 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:55 PM

You have to host the image somewhere like in a publicly viewable Facebook album, or on a site like Photobucket or Flickr.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users