Photo

The Kramer buildings general discussion incl. The Janion | Morley Soda Water Factory

• Please log in to reply
545 replies to this topic

#101 KublaKhan

KublaKhan
  • 283 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 12:17 PM

I think if someone was to accept the dangerous mission of sneaking in there and taking some pics to really document the current state of the buildings, both structurally and architecturally, it may fuel the public outrage enough to finally protect and do something wit these little gems.

Agreed.

#102 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 01:22 PM

double post

#103 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 01:28 PM

If Kublakahn sends Carolyn Heiman (who's a member on this forum) a private message that it's OK to use the pictures in the TC when he posts them, maybe she'll publish them. Mind you, I wonder what policy there is for images published in a paper, with the knowledge that they were attained by trespassing?

#104 KublaKhan

KublaKhan
  • 283 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 04:02 PM

I wonder what policy there is for images published in a paper, with the knowledge that they were attained by trespassing?

My thoughts exactly.

#105 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 04:05 PM

^Can't hurt to try.

Here's a wicked pic from the archives:

#106 KublaKhan

KublaKhan
  • 283 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 04:12 PM

Now...you gotta wonder what that lawyer is going on about re: structural integrity, when you've got an image like the one above of a goddamned diesel engine rolling by the poor old, faded, derelict Janion. The 'liability' issue is all smoke. How many bricks have fallen out of place from that building in the last 100 years? Zero. None. Less than one. You're more likely to trip on the sidewalk over a mashed-up wad of chewing gum than be felled by a single stone from the old gal.

Just my opinion.

#107 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,008 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 04:31 PM

David Houston doesn't even warrant more than passing mention on the Crease Harman website.

#108 aastra

aastra
  • 20,749 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 04:45 PM

What if an intrepid reporter happened to find an envelope on the sidewalk, and that envelope happened to contain pictures of the interior of the Janion?

#109 aastra

aastra
  • 20,749 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 04:48 PM

Or, better yet, a CD that contained pictures of the interior of the Janion.

#110 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,121 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 05:21 PM

what about just posting them on an internet forum under an alias?

#111 KublaKhan

KublaKhan
  • 283 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 05:54 PM

what about just posting them on an internet forum under an alias?

What...like maybe KhanKubla?

Or maybe KramerKhan?

#112 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 06:30 PM

So are you going to post those pics or what?:) You've got nothing to lose.

#113 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:35 PM

Pretty please?

#114 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 08:50 PM

So getting back to the Integracious implications.
He's being Mr. Allusive as per usual, so I'm not sure if we'll ever get a straight answer as to what he was implying exactly.
LJ was kind enough to reply to my PM thanking me for giving him the heads-up about his mention this evening, yet he didn't feel the need to respond.
Not sure if intergracious has got people barking up the wrong tree, or if he knows something.
I'm not ready to rule Les Bjola out.
This whole situation is very odd.

#115 aastra

aastra
  • 20,749 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 08:58 PM

So are we thinking they might want to turn the Janion property into a golf course?

#116 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:08 PM

If they could have lawn bowling and tennis courts along Belleville, why not?
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#117 Ms. B. Havin

Ms. B. Havin
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:20 PM

Pretty please?

Well, not the Janion, but a couple of years ago, J. Peterman did post pictures of the Morley building's insides here. (Note: he does say they're "shitty pictures" as he only managed to shoot through a crack in the door.)
When you buy a game, you buy the rules. Play happens in the space between the rules.

#118 integracious

integracious
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:42 AM

So getting back to the Integracious implications.
He's being Mr. Allusive as per usual, so I'm not sure if we'll ever get a straight answer as to what he was implying exactly.
LJ was kind enough to reply to my PM thanking me for giving him the heads-up about his mention this evening, yet he didn't feel the need to respond.
Not sure if intergracious has got people barking up the wrong tree, or if he knows something.
I'm not ready to rule Les Bjola out.
This whole situation is very odd.

Now I thought we were supposed to keep it clean. All I was saying in my last post was that the answer to question number 2 was Les Bjola. (Who was recently at the doorsteps at Kramer at Spencers road. I asked for LJ to comment as it is my perception that he has an understanding of how the development business is done in Westshore and has strong opinions about stuff.

#119 integracious

integracious
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 09:06 AM

I'm not sure who you're implying this LJ is, but I noticed he was online last night so I sent him a private message, directing him to this thread - to give him a chance to respond.
He hasn't, so maybe his silence says something about what you're implying, integracious. But then again, maybe not.

Integracious, I wish you would be more forthcoming about your claims.

I 'm not implying who LJ is. I was asking Lj to answer a question because I am sure he would know the answer to one of them. For all I know he could be Bill Cleverly or Rick Stiebel or hold on a second maybe I am Bill Cleverly or Rick Stiebel!?

#120 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 09:10 AM

Now I thought we were supposed to keep it clean.

What do you mean? I wasn't meaning to insult you. I just meant by being allusive that some of your posts tend to leave more questions than answers, and you drift in and out of this forum sporadically.

What do you mean by Les being at Kramer's doorstep in Langford? Are you being literal? I genuinely want to understand.
You need to spell what you know. Us people are slow, eh.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users