martini
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 11:23 PM

^thanks Simon!

#102 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 12:48 AM

Thanks for the update Simon - I've corrected it in the sticky too!
Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes.
Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900), The Picture of Dorian Gray, 1891

#103 Simon Nattrass

Simon Nattrass
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 07:42 PM

Hey everyone,
It's Friday, November 14th and my website seems to have gone down. I've called the gentleman who can help fix it, but until he gets in touch with me, I'm without a website. I know that elections are tomorrow, but I just wanted to say that if anyone has any last minute questions or concerns, please send me an e-mail at simonnattrass@gmail.com and I'll happily get back to you.

Thanks! I hope everyone is planning on voting tomorrow!

#104 Ms. B. Havin

Ms. B. Havin
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 07:45 PM

Simon, is your website hosted downtown? I heard that a truck accident (truck crashed into power pole) sent 1000 homes & businesses into e-free land (i.e., black-out).

Anyone else have news on this?

PS/Edit: C-FAX seems to have the only story online. It was radio alerts that reported on power outage to homes & businesses.
PPS: T-C (via Tw.) says Market on Yates is closed, 1100 affected.
When you buy a game, you buy the rules. Play happens in the space between the rules.

#105 Simon Nattrass

Simon Nattrass
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 08:13 PM

I'm not entirely sure where my website is hosted, to be honest. But now it's mysteriously working again..
Anyways, if anyone would rather e-mail me than look at my website, I'd be happy to answer any last minute questions anyone may have.

#106 Ms. B. Havin

Ms. B. Havin
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 08:41 PM

Just wanted to give Simon a 2-thumbs-up for his comments on the "Victoria Sustainability Framework Youth Forum," where he engaged with a whole slew of topics and posted some really thoughtful stuff.

Kudos.

(Am saying that here, since I mustn't do so on the Youth Forum itself, being beyond the age limit -- just by one or two years, you understand... ;-)

I've been sitting here with bated breath, waiting for Vic's "youth" to jump in. Pretty slim pickings so far, more's the pity, but maybe Simon can get things moving?

@ Simon: stick with it. Keep "their" heels to the fire. Make alliances, and run again.

@ The "Establishment": pay attention to this "kid." His brain works. You (we?) lose native Victorians like him (to Vancouver, to other cities) at our peril.
When you buy a game, you buy the rules. Play happens in the space between the rules.

#107 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • 177 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 09:02 PM

I know, I havent had time to read them all, yet, but have been very impressed with Simon's answers overe 'there'. Very thoughtful, well presented ideas. Obviously more well read and educated than many people twice (or more) his age.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users