Photo

Victoria Construction Rumour Thread + Info on Projects With No Dedicated Thread

• Please log in to reply
3791 replies to this topic

#101 weisguy86

weisguy86
  • 115 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:17 PM

Can someone shed some light on what is happening at the property at Pembroke and Government? Is it part of the BC Hydro clean up or is there another reason they have blocked off a lane of traffic and are working away in there?

#102 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:44 AM

Can someone shed some light on what is happening at the property at Pembroke and Government? Is it part of the BC Hydro clean up

Yes.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#103 weisguy86

weisguy86
  • 115 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:29 PM

Yes.

Thanks!

#104 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:47 PM

Ahh, perfect thread for this. So I was on my way to score some reefer at the Whale Wall today, and cut through the alley.

Alas, there was an excavator in the private parking area right here.

It had at least scraped all the pavement away, but that's it. Anyone know what's up?
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#105 KAS

KAS
  • 140 posts
  • LocationVic West

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:20 PM

Mountain West is building the Waddington Alley Flats.

There's a thread... ;-)

#106 Mr_E_Squirrel

Mr_E_Squirrel
  • 589 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:31 PM

Looked up the address on http://www.victoria....unity/maps.html and the other Waddington thread is now active... :banana: no point posting my answer.

#107 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:39 PM

The new Islands Savings Credit Union location at Mayfair Mall is finished. I liked the ATM at the old location because it dished-out the $20 bills in proper order, not jumbled upside down and backwards like other ATMs do. I went to the new ATMs tonight to get some money and found the bills are still given in the proper order, thankfully (probably is a result of the cash centre used and not the actual ATM,) and to my surprise the machine gave me $50 bills rather than the standard 20s!

#108 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:57 PM

IMG_0215.jpg

Construction of this thing on Fairfield and Arnold (beside Fairfield Rise) has been stalled for a while. The website given on the sign isn't even up anymore

#109 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:09 AM

Technically not stalled. There's always work being done. Usually by just one guy.

#110 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:31 PM

What's going on at Pembroke and Sayward?

#111 sasamat

sasamat
  • 101 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:08 PM

Does anyone know what's happening at the southeast corner of Fort & Cook? I was walking home today and noticed a rezoning application notice for mixed use residential on the wall of the building that houses Tooks on Cook, the kickboxing gym, etc. I'd really like to see more residential density along here to encourage more foot traffic and restaurants at this end of Fort St.

#112 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:13 PM

That's this - http://vibrantvictor...d-use-proposed/

#113 sasamat

sasamat
  • 101 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:05 AM

Thanks! I'm excited to watch its progress.

#114 Linear Thinker

Linear Thinker
  • 522 posts
  • LocationWork from home, Live in Fairfield

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:43 PM

What's going on at Pembroke and Sayward?

The City's VicMap shows there is a development application for a sewer pump station.

It shows the application date as Dec 12, 2013.

#115 Linear Thinker

Linear Thinker
  • 522 posts
  • LocationWork from home, Live in Fairfield

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:32 AM

The City's VicMap shows there is a development application for a sewer pump station.

It shows the application date as Dec 12, 2013.

VicMap no longer shows the sewer pump station development permit.  ?

A rezoning application to create 3 small lot single family dwellings facing Pembroke went to the June 6 council meeting and was defeated.

Plans of the proposal start on pg 56 of this report from the June 13th council agenda found here

• Mike K. likes this

#116 cocity

cocity
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:04 PM

Hello Vibrant Victoria,

I was in Fernwood last week and I read in their neighbourhood paper that the Fernwood Neighbourhood Resource Group (NRG) is planning on developing two pieces of property in the area. I believe one is 2009 Fernwood Rd (where the M'akola housing society office is) & the other is on Gladstone adjacent to Aubergine grocery store (there is a house currently on the piece of property). Apparently some diagrams have been produced for community meetings showing what Fernwood NRG is planning on building - does anybody know what they are planning?

Additionally, I believe I saw heritage rehabilitation being done to a building on Langley street. I have not been able to find a thread about this project - would anybody happen to know about this project?

#117 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:16 PM

Welcome to VV, cocity. It's not this project, is it?

Where on Langley did you see the renovation? Was it close to Broughton?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#118 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:49 PM

Its on Langley between Fort and Broughton the front of the Building which fronts onto Government has all the details in the windows.The Langley St part he saw was the rear of the building but it does appear to be a separate structure.

They are earthquake retrofitting it and rebuiling teh entire inside.

The work started in November

#119 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:53 AM

Oh wow. Will it remain office/commercial?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#120 Brick and Mortar

Brick and Mortar
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:28 PM

Oh wow. Will it remain office/commercial?

http://www.colliersc...12#.Ut9kK_vTldg

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users