• 3,539 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 12:09 PM

Are any renderings available yet?

Not yet...

#1802 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 09:46 AM

Does anyone have information for the new development coming to the corner of Fairfield and Kipling?  The development will span 3 city ots (1400 Fairfield and 349/351 Kipling) and the CALUC meeting is coming up in May.  I imagine this will be a townhouse and/or rental project and I wonder if anyone made it to the 'preliminary' meeting last month... or, if it's an Aryze projrect, if more details/renderings can be shared.   :1954_dancing: 

#1803 PPPdev

PPPdev
  • 394 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 10:10 AM

Does anyone have information for the new development coming to the corner of Fairfield and Kipling?  The development will span 3 city ots (1400 Fairfield and 349/351 Kipling) and the CALUC meeting is coming up in May.  I imagine this will be a townhouse and/or rental project and I wonder if anyone made it to the 'preliminary' meeting last month... or, if it's an Aryze projrect, if more details/renderings can be shared.   :1954_dancing:

Not us but I did meet somebody at our CALUC that was there to see how it would go as they were proposing a townhouse project on Fairfield Road as well. So this could be them?

#1804 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 10:23 AM

Not us but I did meet somebody at our CALUC that was there to see how it would go as they were proposing a townhouse project on Fairfield Road as well. So this could be them?

Yes, I think that this is probably them.  They had the preliminary meeting last month (as I mentioned) and the full meeting is in May at CALUC.  Do you know who that developer was ...?

#1805 PPPdev

PPPdev
  • 394 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 12:22 PM

I cannto remember the name but do recall it was a smaller one man show kind of developer (mom & pop style). Nice guy but we had just been beaten up for a few hours so my memory is foggy...

#1806 arrgh

arrgh
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 01:43 PM

I was at the preliminary meeting and they handed out a package of info. 8 townhouses 2.5 stories above ground about 3? metres higher that current zoning I believe.  The e-mail of the developer is bartj.vi@gmail.com but can't remember name specifically.  They are proposing will be the same look as the townhouses nearby on Fairfield and Masters which I think they built.

Any thoughts on how this would affect neighbouring property values? 

#1807 arrgh

arrgh
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 01:59 PM

unnamed.png

• Mike K., Kapten Kapsell, Nparker and 1 other like this

#1808 jasmineshinga

jasmineshinga
  • 332 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 02:36 PM

Nice. If facing Kipling it's got a lovely view of the playground. I see a few new builds in that area, generally attractive. Pretty short neighbourhood, so I hope this starts a trend upwards.

~ Jasmine ~

#1809 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 02:44 PM

Thanks for sharing that arrgh.

#1810 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,455 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 02:48 PM

Wow, that's clean.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1811 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 12 March 2019 - 02:55 PM

Nice. If facing Kipling it's got a lovely view of the playground. I see a few new builds in that area, generally attractive. Pretty short neighbourhood, so I hope this starts a trend upwards.

My guess is Kipling looking east to Thurlow

#1812 jasmineshinga

jasmineshinga
  • 332 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 02:58 PM

I particularly like the wood accents in the angled recesses, might borrow that idea for the future...

• Mike K. likes this

~ Jasmine ~

#1813 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,455 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 03:05 PM

I looked through some of the architect's work. Holy moly, they conceive of some pretty cool stuff.

• jasmineshinga likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1814 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 12 March 2019 - 03:12 PM

I looked through some of the architect's work. Holy moly, they conceive of some pretty cool stuff.

Didn't realize this guy did MEC and the CIRS at UBC. It basically guaranteed that these units will be built to Passive Haus (BC Step Code 5) standard! Looks like he was also involved in Dockside Green.

Edited by Jackerbie, 12 March 2019 - 03:13 PM.

#1815 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,455 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 03:28 PM

What did they do at DG?

Know it all.

#1816 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 12 March 2019 - 03:47 PM

What did they do at DG?

Bio says he was with Busby Perkins + Will before starting his own firm, so he would have been involved as a LEED consultant on the master plan I assume

• Mike K. likes this

#1817 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,843 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 03:51 PM

the near block is ugly.   why a lack of windows?

#1818 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 12 March 2019 - 03:56 PM

Another interesting note on this project: it's the same architect as the previous daycare centre project, which was cancelled. That project was by Montreal developer Bone Structure, so I wonder if they're involved this time around. Certainly has the marks of one of their projects, which are low-rise steel frame. Website: https://bonestructure.ca/en/portfolio/

Edited by Jackerbie, 12 March 2019 - 03:57 PM.

#1819 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 03:02 PM

The Capital Regional Housing Coporation is seeking to replace the facility at 330-336 Michigan Street with a new 4-storey, 98-unit building. They are asking for Victoria to approve funds from the housing reserve fund when they go to CotW next week.

This presentation has some preliminary elevations etc: https://pub-victoria...ocumentId=34310

#1820 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,665 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 03:13 PM

The Capital Regional Housing Coporation is seeking to replace the facility at 330-336 Michigan Street with a new 4-storey, 98-unit building...

Weren't there some discussions here on VV about this project a while back? I seem to recall being surprised that housing that wasn't much more than 30 years old was being replaced.

• Kungsberg likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users