Photo

Victoria Construction Rumour Thread + Info on Projects With No Dedicated Thread

• Please log in to reply
3804 replies to this topic

#1901 aastra

aastra
  • 20,749 posts

Posted 05 May 2019 - 11:44 AM

If they do it right it could be really good and mitigate some of the damage that was done and that continues to be done to the neighbourhood.

#1902 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,733 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 10:10 AM

Is anyone else experiencing issues accessing the CoV Development Tracker today?

#1903 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 10:14 AM

Dude, City Hall is closed.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1904 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,733 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 10:15 AM

Dude, City Hall is closed.

So that means their servers go offline?

#1905 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 07 May 2019 - 10:16 AM

Is anyone else experiencing issues accessing the CoV Development Tracker today?

Dev Tracker, GIS, OpenData portal... having trouble accessing just about everything

• Nparker likes this

#1906 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 10:58 AM

Reports are that area in having trouble with telecommunications because of the fire.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#1907 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,733 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 11:01 AM

Reports are that area in having trouble with telecommunications because of the fire.

There were no issues yesterday accessing CoV websites.

#1908 aastra

aastra
  • 20,749 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 11:06 AM

So that means their servers go offline?

Don't be silly. It means their servers go home.

• Nparker and Victoria Watcher like this

#1909 DustMagnet

DustMagnet
  • 1,508 posts
  • LocationView Royal

Posted 07 May 2019 - 11:34 AM

Don't be silly. It means their servers go home.

Strange but true?  Is this what happens to Revenue Canada when you try to E-File outside of "business hours"?  Or have they fixed that? I haven't filed my own taxes for a number of years...

#1910 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 12:00 PM

Strange but true?  Is this what happens to Revenue Canada when you try to E-File outside of "business hours"?  Or have they fixed that? I haven't filed my own taxes for a number of years...

I filed mine at like 1:00 am this year...no issues.

• jonny likes this

#1911 DustMagnet

DustMagnet
  • 1,508 posts
  • LocationView Royal

Posted 07 May 2019 - 12:55 PM

^ Fixed then.  Cool, cool...

#1912 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 07:11 AM

The plans for the 24 unit strata at 561/565 Toronto street in James Bay have been updated on Dev Tracker.  I do like this design more than the original proposal...

565 toronto.png

#1913 aastra

aastra
  • 20,749 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 08:35 AM

I like how it's brown and grey. We don't see that much on new homes and buildings in the neighbourhoods.

• DustMagnet likes this

#1914 aastra

aastra
  • 20,749 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 08:37 AM

I'm being a stinker. The building itself is fine. But you get my point.

#1915 Alice

Alice
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 06:10 AM

As others were wondering the Chrysler site sold recently

I hadn't heard that. Do you know where we can find out more?

#1916 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 07:30 AM

<p>

Here's some additional detail about the 950 Kings Road proposal.
Initial rendering:

950 kings road.png

Additional details:

• 116 units of surface parking plus 10 visitor stalls

• Build height: 5 storeys
  • Unit mix for the affordable housing component (i.e. excluding mental health facility): 57 studios, 51 1-bedroom units, 28 2-bedroom units, 14 3-bedroom units (150 total).
  • The mental health facility ('assisted living') consists of 4 'house concepts' with 12-13 residents each for a grand development total of 200 units.

This will apparently be discussed at CoTW next week as per the following link. A motion will be considered to downzone the site. The neighbourhood remains strongly opposed and is asking people to come out and speak at Council: https://www.quadravi...-save-950-kings

#1917 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 07:56 AM

An official rezoning application has been filed for 950 Kings Road.  No details are available yet, but presumably the applicant is CMHC and the rezoning is for the planned affordable housing and mental health support units.

This will apparently be discussed at CoTW next week as per the following link. A motion will be considered to downzone the site. The neighbourhood remains strongly opposed and is asking people to come out and speak at Council: https://www.quadravi...-save-950-kings

#1918 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 10:49 AM

An official rezoning application has been filed for 950 Kings Road.  No details are available yet, but presumably the applicant is CMHC and the rezoning is for the planned affordable housing and mental health support units.

I was incorrect, it looks like the city itself is trying to down-zone the site to prevent the planned affordable housing and mental health development and preserve the site for recreation/community purposes as the neighbourhood has asked for.

From the application: 

"The City is considering a Rezoning Application & Official Community Plan amendment restrict site coverage to a percentage equivalent to current building footprint, to modify side yard and front yard setbacks, and to limit permitted uses to: School; park; community centre; gymnasium or fitness centre; daycare centre; art school; cultural centre; community garden; and library."

#1919 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 27 May 2019 - 09:22 AM

^ I smell a lawsuit. CMHC could argue that downzoning to only allow recreation and institutional facilities is effectively expropriation.

• Kapten Kapsell likes this

#1920 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 10:10 AM

It also puts some of the council in a precarious position because this precludes the possibility of developing affordable housing on the site, something that the Together Victoria slate (along with Isitt and Loveday) have strongly emphasized during the campaign and their subsequent months in office.  

It seems that a compromise proposal would see the mental health facility, affordable housing, *and* community centre/recreation facility jointly developed, but the neighbourhood does seem to be opposed to the housing and mental health facility.

^ I smell a lawsuit. CMHC could argue that downzoning to only allow recreation and institutional facilities is effectively expropriation.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users