BUILT
Hudson Walk Two
Uses: rental, commercial
Address: 755 Caledonia Ave
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 15
Hudson Walk Two is a 15-storey mixed-use rental tower with a commercial ground floor. The building is situated... (view full profile)
Learn more about Hudson Walk Two on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] Hudson Walk | Rentals; commercial | Phase 1: 16-storeys | Built - completed in 2016 | Phase 2: 15-storeys | Built - completed in 2017

Office Commercial Rental

• Please log in to reply
1266 replies to this topic

#641 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 04:10 PM

If I were a betting man I'd say that 1515 Douglas has given retailers a more viable location that is very close to the Hudson precinct.

1515 Douglas also won't be right next door to open pits or construction activity for the next 5-10 years.

• Nparker likes this

#642 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,507 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 07:31 AM

It's been confirmed, the next phase at The Hudson District will be phase 2 of Hudson Walk, a 14-storey rental tower. Lots of goodies in this piece.

post-3-0-16302700-1436281658.jpg

Hundreds of homes and Victoria's tallest building planned for Hudson District
By Mike Kozakowski, Citified.ca.
http://victoria.citi...udson-district/

Richmond-based Townline is making swift work of it's land holdings in north downtown's Hudson District where multiple residential towers are queued for construction, including Victoria's future tallest building.

The company recently completed Hudson Mews, a 12-storey, 120 unit rental highrise with ground floor commercial space mid-way up the 700-block of Fisgard Street to the east of the 152 unit The Hudson (former Hudson's Bay Company department store and home of the Victoria Public Market). And spanning the 700-blocks of Caledonia and Fisgard streets is Hudson Walk, phase one, a 16-storey, 178 unit rental tower with ground floor commercial space currently under construction. Occupancy is expected by next fall.

Next year Townline plans to start construction on phase two of Hudson Walk, a 14-storey tower comprised of 110 rental units sharing interior design and layout similarities with phase one. Ground floor commercial spaces will have frontage onto Caledonia and Blanshard streets. Completion is expected in 2017. [Read more]

• Nparker and sebberry like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#643 Mr Cook Street

Mr Cook Street
  • 942 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 07:36 AM

Excellent news.

Is there going to be anything in between the two phases of Hudson Walk? It looks like a fairly large gap. The carriageway is being extended, but there must be something else.

#644 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 07:36 AM

Wow - that sounds a lot better than that low rise proposal that was previously on deck.

• Nparker likes this

#645 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,507 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 07:56 AM

The massing models do no necessarily indicate what is happening on the ground floors, just the heights and general sizes of the towers. There will definitely be a component that will meet up with the carriageway.

It's great that they're moving so quickly on Hudson Place after so many years of stagnation.

• Nparker and Mr Cook Street like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#646 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,235 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 08:20 AM

What a shame that those old buildings along Douglas where Red Hot Video was, are not included in this development process. I wonder if there might still be some negotiations going on there, or have the owners completely blown it.

Don't be so sure.:cool:

#647 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,507 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 08:24 AM

It is a shame. But then again perhaps the plan is to wait for Hudson Walk to build out, then sell the parcel.

Know it all.

#648 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 09:16 AM

Gentrification and general property improvement is spreading throughout Victoria like a fantastic disease. I don't think we can reasonably expect the Red Hot Video property to continue on in its current state for much longer.

• Nparker and Mr Cook Street like this

#649 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,711 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 10:04 AM

Gentrification and general property improvement is spreading throughout Victoria like a fantastic disease.....

Be careful what you say. Gentrification is a "4-letter-word" in parts of North Park.

#650 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 10:29 AM

Be careful what you say. Gentrification is a "4-letter-word" in parts of North Park.

Gentrification is a beautiful thing.

Boarded up Red Hot Video vs clean new building.

Boarded up catholic school vs a nice new building full of taxpaying residents.

Boarded up Roundhouse vs a new vibrant community full of residences and economic activity.

Parking lots vs modern condo buildings.

Hmmmmmm...I know what I would prefer.

• Nparker likes this

#651 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 02:11 PM

ynn3.jpg

Looks like another lion went down.

Nothing going on in the de-roofed buildings at the corner.  I really wonder if they just took the roof off to stop squatters.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#652 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,507 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 03:04 PM

Did they replace it and it got vandalized again?

Know it all.

#653 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 03:25 PM

Did they replace it and it got vandalized again?

I'm not sure when it was last missing.  That photo was today.  Last time I went by (2 weeks ago?) they had 2.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#654 smartstart

smartstart
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 07:01 PM

That space - 1809 Douglas - finally has a tenant (Bridges) after being vacant for years

• smartstart likes this

#655 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,711 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 07:17 PM

That space - 1809 Douglas - finally has a tenant (Bridges) after being vacant for years

Note: 2 lions at the time of this photo.

Capture.JPG

#656 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,507 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 07:38 PM

I knew I had snapped a photo of the missing lion and posted it here. This is from March 02 2015.

post-3-0-63831400-1425341522.jpg

Know it all.

#657 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 07:44 PM

It was replaced after that, I think(?).  Maybe the guy there today was taking both out, since the new tenant might find them odd.  It's hard to see but he had such a tool for the full job.  I should have asked him.

#658 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,507 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:02 PM

You sure he wasn't just removing the part that remained after it was vandalized in March?

Know it all.

#659 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:08 PM

You sure he wasn't just removing the part that remained after it was vandalized in March?

I dunno know now.  Damn if I could just go back in time.  Because ya, the last time I recalled it being busted was before March I'm sure.

• Nparker likes this

#660 smartstart

smartstart
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 08:17 AM

He was just removing the remnants of the lion that was vandalized.   

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users